The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Devon Festival 2009

i personally dont care where the derby is,we have travelled the length and breadth of the country over the years(28)to race our dogs,and like you said it was never meant to stay in one place,but to take the june steel memorial away from this track is shocking :rant: we went to devon two years in a row and loved it,and am pleased it is able to still have opens there we cant get to devon next year because kate is in college now and cant get time of,like loads of other families,but we will have to take the good with the bad and make the most of the opens we can go to,but the way things are going at the moment i couldn,t care less if i never went again,as ive never known as much bickering and backstabbing as there has been over this last few years :rant: .maybe you could sort out an open for mayday bank holiday weekend somewhere else :luck: lesley

this is what i miss about whippet racing :- " :- " :- " ;)

DENISE BAILEY said:
D.Dan said:
i personally dont care where the derby is,we have travelled the length and breadth of the country over the years(28)to race our dogs,and like you said it was never meant to stay in one place,but to take the june steel memorial away from this track is shocking :rant: we went to devon two years in a row and loved it,and am pleased it is able to still have opens there we cant get to devon next year because kate is in college now and cant get time of,like loads of other families,but we will have to take the good with the bad and make the most of the opens we can go to,but the way things are going at the moment i couldn,t care less if i never went again,as ive never known as much bickering and backstabbing as there has been over this last few years :rant: .maybe you could sort out an open for mayday bank holiday weekend somewhere else :luck:                             lesley

Well said Lesley maybe one of Junes local clubs where she ran at will take it on in her memorial ...i know Tommy bought a beautiful trophy for this event last year , and other people donated trophy's for all the other winners ...i had glasses made for winner too

I to don't care where the Derby's held , but think to loss its own may weekend , when most people with commitments could attend is shocking

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Will ask at Maltby, Denise

Junes spirit and soul are at Devon it's where it should be run, thougtless and selfish :rant: LES.

i had a handful said:
Junes spirit and soul are at Devon it's where it should be run, thougtless and selfish :rant:   LES.
whippetsnippits28002.jpg

Looks like you've joined the flock Les, posting before you have the full facts :rant:

Nov 10 2006, 01:51 PM Post #33 milly

Just because the Devon club as finished does not mean that this great holiday event must cease, or are we all defeatist? Surely the BWRA & the NNWRF & the IRG can get together and put some racing on. I'm sure we could all muck in to keep this great holiday event going. I for one would volunteer to go down in April May & June to cut the grass and generally keep the the track in running order.

I'm sure Vern & mick would allow us to use their traps, So lets get talking to the local council in Devon for permission

ps theres no club at Swallownest but we still have some brilliant racing!

Geoff Fletcher
Thoughtless & selfish eh................................... :oops:

I'll add my two penneth before I pop off to work...

Surely someones memory can be kept alive anywhere.......and widened?

Isn't that the heart of whippet racing? travelling and competing?

And to be honest this discussion could become quite distasteful....

Not sure K9 is the place to be falling out/using someones name who has past away.

Karen

Karen-Coral said:

Not sure K9 is the place to be falling out/using someones name who has past away.

Karen

i aggree,leave this lady out of it,i can remember june wherever we went getting on the dancefloor and enjoying herself,a smart and happy woman,so i think june wouldnt mind where it was on at,iam sure the fed or the bwra can put an open on for june aytwhere,and stop all this bickering on,we have our commitees,follow them and support them,if theres another join it if you want to,for a week in devon,to me not worth the arguements,so wont be there,so we will wait for w/news as geof says and see whos been plotting and planning....best of luck,anyway :thumbsup:

fairplay for saying that you gunna go down and cut the grass, :thumbsup:

but to take junes open away from devon cummon get real because its a fed open and they banned yea, junes open shud always be run at devon (when on), and how can u be on the commitee when ure under a ban?? and we all no about the rule at devon.

ps.

the answer to your pm was no get sum 1 else to your dirty work for u cos i aint!!

piglet said:
fairplay for saying that you gunna go down and cut the grass, :thumbsup:

but to take junes open away from devon cummon get real because its a fed open and they banned yea, junes open shud always be run at devon (when on), and how can u be on the commitee when ure under a ban?? and we all no about the rule at devon.

ps.

the answer to your pm was no get sum 1 else to your dirty work for u cos i aint!!

[/quo ????????????????pm??????????????

piglet said:
fairplay for saying that you gunna go down and cut the grass,  :thumbsup: but to take junes open away from devon cummon get real because its a fed open and they banned yea, junes open shud always be run at devon (when on), and how can u be on the commitee when ure under a ban?? and we all no about the rule at devon.

ps.

Are you on about me asking you to tip our Mouse for the champs for a laugh? I wouldn't say that was dirty work :wacko:

Also does your silly comments mean that I should no longer run and organise the Highgate wrc events? Get real yourself pig.

were in that message of mine do i even mention highgate???? ill even say when i come to highgate on a sat its a good nite and well run! but i m not on aboute highgate, im on about devon,

well what wud u say it was then??? dirrty to me to try and cause more shit, if it was for a laugh then y didnt u do it ureself???

maybe cud have logged in as cliff hanger!!!!

kenny m said:
Karen-Coral said:

Karen

i aggree,leave this lady out of it,i can remember june wherever we went getting on the dancefloor and enjoying herself,a smart and happy woman,so i think june wouldnt mind where it was on at,iam sure the fed or the bwra can put an open on for june aytwhere,and stop all this bickering on,we have our commitees,follow them and support them,if theres another join it if you want to,for a week in devon,to me not worth the arguements,so wont be there,so we will wait for w/news as geof says and see whos been plotting and planning....best of luck,anyway :thumbsup:

The Devon Festival Committee, have been taking note of the remarks, that you have the audicity to post on this topic, for instance, sneaky, plotting, and planning.

Our fellow racers don't have to be members of any organisation's, unless they want to run their dogs at the BWRA event.

piglet said:
were in that message of mine do i even mention highgate???? ill even say when i come to highgate on a sat its a good nite and well run! but i m not on aboute highgate, im on about devon,
well what wud u say it was then???  dirrty to me to try and cause more shit, if it was for a laugh then y didnt u do it ureself???

maybe cud have logged in as cliff hanger!!!!

No, your not a shit stirrer, are you? :wacko: Anyone can tell that from reading these remarks.

END OF.

Last edited by a moderator:
milly said:
kenny m said:
Karen-Coral said:

Karen

The Devon Festival Committee, have been taking note of the remarks, that you have the audicity to post on this topic, for instance, sneaky, plotting, and planning.

Our fellow racers don't have to be members of any organisation's, unless they want to run their dogs at the BWRA event.

yea rite fellow racers and members c**p,pity u didnt think of that before!! there isnt a fed open there cos ure banned, that is simple to see,, sohow can u be on the comittee wen ure banned?? and cant attend???

im a shit stirrer yea but i no who to do it too who will see the funny side of it :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no need to keep going round and round with this topic.

I'm sure if people do as we are and wait a few days to see the contents of Whippet News, all our questions will hopefully be answered.

Vicky said:
There is no need to keep going round and round with this topic.I'm sure if people do as we are and wait a few days to see the contents of Whippet News, all our questions will hopefully be answered.

well vicky thats what i said at the end of my post but milly quotes me,dont need him quoteing me,hes under a ban,not me,i havent cheated,and then he says the devon commitees taken note,who them like?think the best thing for you to do is take this topic off,the man only posts to have a dig at the other commitee,

come on folks stop this,its not good :( but plezz youve got to put junes open on she's sadly missed by all,it will be an insult to family & friends so come on :rant:

Back