The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Devon Festival 2009

A shame its been moved from Aycliffe as this is a great place, especially the bar in the hall for the evenings :- "

But now that the Fed have moved The Easter Weekend and the Straight Champs further north to Witton Castle this seems more fair, Also think its a great idea to merge it with the Devin Festival, altho I have also always wondered why the racing 'holiday' is when the kids are off at school maybe this needs to be looked at for the future. I hope the derby still gets well attended and that the Devon Committe are given the support they need/deserve :thumbsup:

whippetsnippits27.jpg

ALL EVENTS ARE RUN WHERE POSSIBLE, THERE ARE VERY FEW PLACES LEFT FOR THE WHIPPETS, I DO HOPE THE DERBY WILL STILL HOLD THE SAME ENTERTAINMENTS AT DEVON AS IT HAS BEEN A GREAT EVENT FOR ADULTS AND CHILDREN, MAY BE MANTON WHEN DONE WILL BE A GREAT PLACE TO GO, ( CENTRAL ALSO ) LOOKS GOOD SOFARIN PICTURES,.

DEBBIE

:) I for one think it's nice to have an advent down this way for a change, we travelled hell of a lot of miles this year to race our dogs and had to pick and choose which shows we could afford to attend, :(

This is one we will deffo be at, :thumbsup: Di

debbie said:
ALL EVENTS ARE RUN WHERE POSSIBLE, THERE ARE VERY FEW PLACES LEFT FOR THE WHIPPETS, I DO HOPE THE DERBY WILL STILL HOLD THE SAME ENTERTAINMENTS AT DEVON AS IT HAS BEEN A GREAT EVENT FOR ADULTS AND CHILDREN, MAY BE MANTON WHEN DONE WILL BE A GREAT PLACE TO GO, ( CENTRAL ALSO ) LOOKS GOOD SOFARIN PICTURES,.

DEBBIE

DONT THINK IT DEVON DEB I THINK ITS THE WAY ITS BEEN DONE SNEAKY,AND BEHIND MEMBERS BACKS,THEN SAYING A FULL REPORT WILL BE POSTED IN W/NEWS,I THINK IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN PUT IN THE W/NEWS,WRONG,AT THE END OF THE DAY I DONT CARE WHERE IT IS IF I WANT TO GO I WILL GO.

5th April - Steve Binks (Dawdon)

13th April - NNWRF Vivs Quest Golden Jacket (Dawdon)

19th April - Redex Open (Dawdon)

26th April - Cyclone Open (Horden)

27th April - BWRA Lord Byron Plate (Dawdon)

3/4/5 May - Classic English Derby / Anoso Open (Newton Aycliffe)

17th May - Harry Seymore (Wallsend)

31st May - Barking Dog Open (Wallsend)

7th June - Red Mills Cup (Stockton)

14th June - Blue Angel (Horden)

2nd Aug - BWRA North Yorks (Dawdon)

30th Aug - Three Feathers Time Trial (Horden)

6th Sept - Angel Claire (Horden)

20th Sept - BWRA N Yorks

27th Sept - BWRA N East Brandy Queen (Dawdon)

5th Oct - BWRA Autumn Puppy & Yearling (Wallsend)

5th Oct - BWRA Jack Cadman (Wallsend)

26th Oct - NNWRF Bend Champs (Highgate)

1st Nov - Travellers Bend Open (Easington)

30th Nov - UK Scr Champs (Easington)

The north is not to badly done to, so lets just be grateful that both these events have been saved by dedicated racing people, who's prepared to give up their time and money to keep them going.

didnt aycliffe used 2 give a lot of sponsership money to this prestigious event? did last year they not sponser it? if i remember rightly? maybe thats why its moved? who knows except chris who will prob tell us in the whippet news. all il say is im gutted. :( people talk about racing in the south, bwra champs worcseter 5 hours drive 4 us thats from newcastle. devon even further im sure all of us have travelled many miles over the year :( im just glad the fed have 2 prestigious events in the north @ whitton castle and we still have the fantastic scottish hols 2 look 4ward to. good luck 2 the new devon commitee anyway :luck:

kenny m said:
debbie said:

DEBBIE

DONT THINK IT DEVON DEB I THINK ITS THE WAY ITS BEEN DONE SNEAKY,AND BEHIND MEMBERS BACKS,THEN SAYING A FULL REPORT WILL BE POSTED IN W/NEWS,I THINK IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN PUT IN THE W/NEWS,WRONG,AT THE END OF THE DAY I DONT CARE WHERE IT IS IF I WANT TO GO I WILL GO.

i agree, should have been said through the whippet news first :oops: , a lot of backbiting at the moment :( ,but i for one are keeping out of it all,as i only want to run my dogs :D , as it is my only hobby i enjoy, along with my darts night on a weds with the lasses from work, and it really don,t matter where they are for me, if i want to attend i do travel, like you kenny :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
milly said:
5th April - Steve Binks (Dawdon) 13th April - NNWRF Vivs Quest Golden Jacket (Dawdon)

20th Sept - BWRA N Yorks

The north is not to badly done to, so lets just be grateful that both these events have been saved by dedicated racing people, who's prepared to give up their time and money to keep them going.

im sure someone cud post of all the opens in the south too old hall is south to us blidworth is south to us heck even aycliffe is south to us pmsl :lol: so i dont think we shud get into the north south thing all we r saying is its a shame its been moved from aycliffe which is imo one of the best tracks and the best facilities in the country. i think everyone is wishing the devon commitee good luck etc but a lot of us love the derby but a few wont b able to make it @ that time of year ie june when its normally on in may bank holiday.

milly said:
5th April - Steve Binks (Dawdon) 13th April - NNWRF Vivs Quest Golden Jacket (Dawdon)

20th Sept - BWRA N Yorks

to be fair, highgate is not north east and most of hordens are additionals, there are plenty of opens up and down the country, jack cadman and pups were at old hall

:) Nobody really likes any change in their lives,(unless it's for the better) :- " so let the Devon committee, (whoever they are?) give it a go next year and we can all moan this time next year if it wasn't any good, :p just my opinion. :thumbsup: Diane who can't wait to race her dog ANY WHERE next year. :lol:

I have the same problem as you Carol working in school is a bugger at times i think we should have a few more school holidays not enough!!!!!!! :- " :lol:

shud be good the derby bk down in devon!!!

does devon still have the rule if you banned u cant attend??? i no it did last year,

just in case i do sumthing stupid!!!!! :oops:

weathergirls said:
WHO IS THE NEW DEVON COMMITTEE and why has the NNWRF JUNE STEELE MEMORIAL BEEN EXCLUDED the NWRF has always been part of the Devon festival from the begining and the JUNE STEELE OPEN was created to be staged at Devon in memory of June
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

RIGHTLY SO, IT WOULD BE HORRIBLEIFTHEY TOOK THE JUNE STEEL AWAY FROM DEVON,SHE WAS A LOVELY LADY AND ALWAYS PLEASANT,. THIS OPEN SHOULD NEVER BE TAKEN AWAY FROM DEVON :angry:

i have really enjoyed going to the derby the last couple of years, its a shame the dates been changed for next year cos i wont be able to go as i'l be sitting my a level exams :( good luck everyone that can go :luck:

~Sally~ said:
i have really enjoyed going to the derby the last couple of years, its a shame the dates been changed for next year cos i wont be able to go as i'l be sitting my a level exams :( good luck everyone that can go :luck:
YES ITS A SHAME PET,BUT GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR EXAMS,,,BUT YOU CAN THANK THIS NEW DEVON COMMITEE WHOEVER THEY ARE.WHOEVER THERE WORKING WITH HAVE PLANED IT ALL OUT AND PICKED THE DATES,LIKE PIGS SAYS WONDER IF THESE BANS STILL RUN,ANYWAY ITS ON GOOD LUCK,AS YOU ARE GIVEING UP YOUR TIME AND PUTTING YOUR HANDS IN YOUR POCKETTS, :thumbsup: HOPE IT ALL GOES WELL :thumbsup:

wel, I just hope we can camp on the felad as after the champs last year having to camp off the feald it was a nightmare for us and now with me getting wores it will be a no go for the Darby if the campings away from the track. at this rate might not have to bother getting a new tent. we carnt do the bwra champs as the stay to short for tony and me to get here camp and come back without a rest so looks like were just doing the fed weekends now

It is a shame to see the derby move as imo Newton Aycliffe has one of the best tracks in the country, I know a lot of work went into the track at devon last year but it was still very bumpy and nowhere near as good as aycliffes.

we do not do bend racing so basically we have 3 events to go to, good on devon for having the event but we can not afford 10 days in devon and we can not keep alex out of school for 10 days which is what we would have to do as it is in school time, it means another weekend lost in our racing callender it looks like we will have to find something else to do for may bank holiday i suppose we could have our own version of the champs in our local park with all the dogs we have

Tony

Back