The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Devon Festival 2009

decca said:
f???ing not happy :rant: stick devon up ye arses,what about people in scotland :(
well said decca couldnt of put it better myself

we loved aycliffe it was mint boo hoo :b

Last edited by a moderator:
well i c there moved the derby i have travelled the hole ov britain racing my dogs i would love 2 go 2 devon but will i...no

how can they put big events on at the same time as people have kids that go 2 school?how can kids take 2 weeks of school its not fair on us at all

think there just catering 4 themselves

a very pi**off anth :rant:

Never been to Devon,so can't comment on it ( :lol: makes a change)Been to last 3 Derby's the last 2 camping,and had a fantastic time,love the social side and Carols fancy dress :thumbsup: Whatever the reason the venue for the Derby has changed I am pleased it will still take place :thumbsup: Didn't realise that the Derby has moved around in the past.Can understand why some folk are upset, the thought of missing a great event is dissapointing :( but I for one am glad there will be a Derby event next year :thumbsup: Good :luck: to the organisers,look forward to my first Devon holliday :thumbsup: minus George :( :- " it's his busiest time of year

karen i think wot everyone wants 2 know is firstly why has it been moved and secondly and most importantly why has the date changed? :(

I'm glad that both devon and the english derby have been spared and can maybe help each other survive. Maybe there can be something added in the derby slot so people dont lose out? I agree that having devon in the school hols is a pain at times, but when else would you have it? Cant think of any where better than devon in june :) We went for the first time last year and it was fab. Perhaps the cricket club, or the footie club could be persuaded to let the whippeteers have a room for the presentations etc? Am sure they would welcome the beer money.

chris

rob67 said:
I'm glad that both devon and the english derby have been spared and can maybe help each other survive. Maybe there can be something added in the derby slot so people dont lose out? I agree that having devon in the school hols is a pain at times, but when else would you have it? Cant think of any where better than devon in june :) We went for the first time last year and it was fab. Perhaps the cricket club, or the footie club could be persuaded to let the whippeteers have a room for the presentations etc? Am sure they would welcome the beer money.
chris

u say u r glad the the derby has been spared? we still dont know why it isnt @ aycliffe and why the date has changed i think thats wot everyone wud like 2 know?

sherry said:
rob67 said:
chris

u say u r glad the the derby has been spared? we still dont know why it isnt @ aycliffe and why the date has changed i think thats wot everyone wud like 2 know?

As I've already stated in a previous post, a full statement will be given in the Whippet News

Geoff,on behalf of the Devon Festival Committee.

i am not happy about this either i just because i have just started a new college and i have always wanted to go back to devon but i never got the chance because my exams. i hate devon been not in the hols

i also want to know why it has moved dwn there it has always bin there that i can rember so if it weas suppose to move around why hasnt it bin moved round for at least the last 5 year. i dnt think ull be able to get the best turn out at the event because most of the northerns, scottish and pple with children wont be atending and this is about 80% of the racing people.

well i use to love this because it was the first event of the year and it was a big event to catch up with everyone after Christmas and now its not till july/june or whatever why?

why has the june steal memorial been taken away?

well i can see why most people are really mad, im not happy either :( pleased sum people have the time

:rant: :rant: not very often i get like this im pleased most pple see my point of view:angry:

The Devon meeting has always been within a week of the 12 of June ever since it was started, the very first Whippet Derby was run at Devon track at the same time of year, the whippet Derby was founded as an event that would travel around the country and not stay at the same track, that it why it has been raced for at Devon, Dudley, Belviour(Dirty Duck) Grantham and up north at aycliffe, fortunately for those up north the sponsorship and conditions made it a hard track to give up, but i assume this return to Devon is what the organisers of the whippet Derby want, then so be it, unless of course you want to sponsor and run the event, then please apply to those that run it.

And please note, I do not run, nor am i on the Devon committee.

sherry said:
rob67 said:
chris

Just going off previous posts carole. Guess we will have to wait till the whippet news comes out to find out.

chris

:(

milly said:
sherry said:
rob67 said:
chris

As I've already stated in a previous post, a full statement will be given in the Whippet News

think your add said it all no fed ey what about June Steele open then no contact or anything :blink: dates open for bwra but no fed typical of your under handed tactic ts fletch but anyone can see that :- " well good luck its not as easy as you think :b your post said give a chance to folks putting there hands in there own pocket to run events what do you think other committees do :( but for the sake of sportsmanship and members traveling i do really mean good luck but its been said its a shame the English derby has lost its own weekend in may

john m said:
The Devon meeting has always been within a week of the 12 of June ever since it was started, the very first Whippet Derby was run at Devon track at the same time of year, the whippet Derby was founded as an event that would travel around the country and not stay at the same track, that it why it has been raced for at Devon, Dudley, Belviour(Dirty Duck) Grantham and up north at aycliffe, fortunately for those up north the sponsorship and conditions made it a hard track to give up, but i assume this return to Devon is what the organisers of the whippet Derby want, then so be it, unless of course you want to sponsor and run the event, then please apply to those that run it.And please note, I do not run, nor am i on the Devon committee.

It's interesting to hear the history and facts about the devon festival and the whippet derby. Didn't realise it originated at devon.Not sure I really understood it had been at so many places other than aycliffe too. Am sure those that run it have their reasons. Good luck to them.

chris

maybe its to do with the sponcership money not been avalable :blink:

This is killing me :lol: when's the whippet news due out?

mutley said:
:(
milly said:
sherry said:
rob67 said:
chris

think your add said it all no fed ey what about June Steele open then no contact or anything :blink: dates open for bwra but no fed typical of your under handed tactic ts fletch but anyone can see that :- " well good luck its not as easy as you think :b your post said give a chance to folks putting there hands in there own pocket to run events what do you think other committees do :( but for the sake of sportsmanship and members traveling i do really mean good luck but its been said its a shame the English derby has lost its own weekend in may

whippet news is normally due out the end of the monthn as i know i have to have my new report in by nov 1st so it might even b out this weekend karen. it wont b as late as nov 5th though as like i say we have to have our reports in by 1st of every month

sherry said:
whippet news is normally due out the end of the monthn as i know i have to have my new report in by nov 1st so it might even b out this weekend karen. it wont b as late as nov 5th though as like i say we have to have our reports in by 1st of every month
Think the 5th might have been my attempt at a joke carole................thanks for putting it right tho!

chris

Back