The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Whippet 400yds Uphill Lure Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just checked all CC places in North Yorkshire and only one is open in Feb and its fully booked.

Could be roughing it I think!!! :wacko:

Maybe!!!!

Found a few more on line sent some enquiries so we will see

Most are around scarborough near pubs etc!!!

So good weekend in offer :cheers:

jinx and rubys mum said:
Maybe!!!!Found a few more on line sent some enquiries so we will see

Most are around scarborough near pubs etc!!!

So good weekend in offer :cheers:

Scarborough is a fair distance from Great habton plenty of pubs in Malton,pickering and the villages

February is out for me I'm afraid as the house is being rewired that weekend - I'll have a look at 16th march though, see what I could do around then.

Was there any interest in a non-ped section? - I know Bloggs isn't quite what people in racing mean by non-ped, and he wouldnt have a hope against a semi-greyhound, but he would love a run and the lucky dog he was drawn against could treat it as a bi :teehee:

Was there any interest in a non-ped section? - I know Bloggs isn't quite what people in racing mean by non-ped, and he wouldnt have a hope against a semi-greyhound, but he would love a run and the lucky dog he was drawn against could treat it as a bi
Hope you can make the 1 in March,

due to it being organised by the NWLCC it would be KC registered only, but i'm sure a trial could be organised as your there anyway :thumbsup:

Good morning :thumbsup:

Perhaps i've missed it, but what time does the event begin on 10 Feb? I need to know to arrange accommodation for either before or after the event.

Many thanks :thumbsup:

the time is yet to be confirmed depending on the number of greyhounds/.whippets attending, i'll confirm start time nearer the time but if you work on 9am I dont think you'll be far out.

lamping man said:
Good morning :thumbsup: Perhaps i've missed it, but what time does the event begin on 10 Feb? I need to know  to arrange accommodation for either before or after the event.

Many thanks :thumbsup:

meeting at 10.30am for 11.00am start.

if entries get to a significant level may bring start time forward.

so far there are 16 whippets booked in to race,

there have also been a couple of offers of sponsorship for this meeting that i'm sorting out at the moment full details once they have been arranged.

[SIZE=21pt]UPDATE[/SIZE]

Ok folks sponsorshipe for the Main 16 dog stake is now finalised, a big thank you to Shona Hawkins for her kind sponsoship of the winners trophy by APPIN Ltd

and also to Sean & Shona Walsh for thier kinds sponsorship of the runner up trophy by SCOTTISH ALIGNMENT SERVICES

Both sponsores have kindly offored to donnate trophys.

18 dogs booked in so far, places are still available on a first come basis.

(ENTRYS CLOSE 5 FEBRUARY)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok Ladys and Gentlemen.

due to the amount of entrys so far there will be 2 stakes run.

if anyone would be interested in putting forward some kind of sponsorship for stake 2 winner/runner up please contact me ASAP. (this could be a trophy, bottle of somthing ect ect.)

jinx and rubys mum said:
Just checked all CC places in North Yorkshire and only one is open in Feb and its fully booked.Could be roughing it I think!!! :wacko:

hi , i know of a small caravan park at york that i think is open all year round. i will get the tel number and pass it on to you.. :cheers:

Ok folks here are the Directions to the venue, please arrive at 10am then your there in plenty of time in case they start earlyer.

From Malton, take the B1257 towards Helmsley. Approx 3 miles up the road you come to a village called Amotherby, there is a crossroads in the dip hole, you need to turn right at the crossroads. Travel through the village and several mile down this road, you'll go over a one track bridge then about half a mile up the road after the bridge you need to turn right towards Great Habton. We will be just down the road on the left, field trialling signs usually placed at the entrance to the Farm/Gallops.

We have decieded to stay in Blackburn on Saturday night and come over to Yorkshire on Sunday first thing

Diane and Peter are coming with us(They enjoyed Rochdale so much and Peter used to race Greyhounds so he is looking forward to it)

Diane has some collars and coats fer sale too

Then we will just go back to Blackburn on Sunday after the racing

Really looking forward to it

See you all there :D

Ok folks entrys for this event are now closed.

the draw will be posted as soon as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back