The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Where Would Members Like The Bwra Bend Champs To Be

to be honest in 20 odd years of racing ive never known anywhere who give or acomadate us like highgate do :thumbsup:
Not playing tit for tat cos the tracks not on offer but I have to let it be known that Westhoughton owners have continually been extremely generous as well.

They've sponsored races for organisations, added extra prize money, given us club racing at a nominal price and even loaned the track for free as well and this has gone on for decades.

I have to respond after seeing this because it would be ignorant not to recognise those tracks that have been equally supportive Gary as I'm sure you appreciate. :thumbsup: Additionally, I'm also grateful for the support Highgate and their staff have given to whippet racing. :thumbsup:

With regards to the champs, I think the first thing people should decide before they go is whether they want the event held on a flapping track or an NGRC track. Additionally those tracks were folk want to run need to be nominated and it would save a lot of time and hassle if folk could get confirmation of a track's availability.

Tbh Jac the reason Gaz wont of know what wessy has put back into the sport is he / we haven't had much to do with this track ..i think we have only been there 2 or 3 times ..i have to be honest and say its not one of our favorite bend tracks hence the reason for not racing at last years bend champ ...but that's just us and same goes for all tracks straight and bends

How ever this is the reasons gaz has overlooked the generosity from other tracks and i am sure there is quite a few , but as he said in his 20 years of racing highgate comes out in his opinion as number 1

never meant any disrespect for wessy jak i know they have bent over backwards for whipps :thumbsup: or any track. just meant highgate is best in my opinion :thumbsup: like dee said have only been to wessy a handfull of times .joe from easington put a lot into whipps years ago but wasnt repaid for it very well and didnt get the suport he deserved but thats maybe with it being too far north for folks ....just highgate comes out on top for me regarding facilities track surface and great folks :thumbsup:

over the years highgate have always gone out there way to help us whippet racers :thumbsup: and always worked hard at every open think we all no that and thats why the vote is for highgate :thumbsup: just did'nt want this topic to turn into a slagging match over tracks its not about that

What as Askern put back into whippet racing, FA.
cant say anything to that geoff----- but has'nt it changed hands , so the new owners REALLY MIGHT LIKE whippets racing again , sometimes you need to get off the goggles to look elsewhere, highgate might close too oneday ,

cant say anything to that geoff----- but has'nt it changed hands , so the new owners REALLY MIGHT LIKE whippets racing again , sometimes you need to get off the goggles to look elsewhere, highgate might close too oneday ,
I don't make the final decision Stuart, just giving my personal opinion, who knows, it might end up being held at Cambois up north, ideal for you ;)

I don't make the final decision Stuart, just giving my personal opinion, who knows, it might end up being held at Cambois up north, ideal for you ;)
no suit me geoff , i no got any non peds , lol

but surely no cambois it's a shithole-------anyway , i only voiced an oppinion , in todays climate places are closing down due to no support ???

kingsley thats ih the middle only joking highgate is the place to be

hey graham,that was the best track that we had, the championships there was mint....do you know the details of why we lost it...

was it something to do with gate money, or something.....

and regarding highgate, the myers family have done 10 times more for the whippet racing than any other track...very central too.. lose this track and good bend racing will be done.

kingsley thats ih the middle only joking highgate is the place to be

hey graham,that was the best track that we had, the championships there was mint....do you know the details of why we lost it...

was it something to do with gate money, or something.....

and regarding highgate, the myers family have done 10 times more for the whippet racing than any other track...very central too.. lose this track and good bend racing will be done.
i dont know maurice about kingsley mate maybe someone can tell you

off (w00t) topic

Last edited by a moderator:
Great Sunday lunches at Kinsley ..i think whippet racing stopped there when they went ngrc

Last edited by a moderator:
Back