The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Where Would Members Like The Bwra Bend Champs To Be

i pick highgate but all eggs in one nest is not good what happens if anything happens to highgate no track to run on :thumbsup:

only started this topic to see where k9 member would like the champs at the end of the day its upto everyone to turn up to the agm and vote where they would like the champs :thumbsup:

dont know why anyone would want to go anywhere other than highgate cant get better imo great set of people who cant do enough for racers long may it continue :thumbsup:

trust you mr h
:- :lol: :D ;)

poor askern been forgot about very good track, folks think 225 a bit short,good enough for whippets especially if they go all the way 3/4 runs.

highgate look after the whippets, knock off is the best around,good track and facilitys. middle of the country ish.what more could you ask for :thumbsup:

think the ngrc tracks will be expensive if you can get one to support us (w00t)

easington top track but folks dont like travelling that far north, price of fuel folk are going to be careful with there money.but better for those north of the border.

Last edited by a moderator:
will there be any food/drinks available,or should we bring bate :thumbsup:

dont know why anyone would want to go anywhere other than highgate cant get better imo great set of people who cant do enough for racers long may it continue :thumbsup:
i agree gaz but highgate has ni on everything, what happens if something goes wrong there? then we are in deep shite, as not many places left, building good rappor with tracks now would be good, also somewhere else to run at is a change

i agree gaz but highgate has ni on everything, what happens if something goes wrong there? then we are in deep shite, as not many places left, building good rappor with tracks now would be good, also somewhere else to run at is a change

i know what your saying pig but theres an old saying dont bite the hand that feeds you ;) theres some good tracks but not that many avalable to whippets nowadays as there once was you say what if something goes wrong well that could be said for any track m8

Last edited by a moderator:

i know what your saying pig but theres an old saying dont bite the hand that feeds you ;) theres some good tracks but not that many avalable to whippets nowadays as there once was you say what if something goes wrong well that could be said for any track m8
i know gaz i like highgate they are great to whippet racing, i know that there isnt many available, thats why i think we should try to use the ones that are whilst they are available just incase something does( touch wood it doesnt) go wrong.

i know gaz i like highgate they are great to whippet racing, i know that there isnt many available, thats why i think we should try to use the ones that are whilst they are available just incase something does( touch wood it doesnt) go wrong.

See what your saying Andy,but think the track should be accessable to all,and Highgate is as near as we are gonna get,in the middle.Think due to rising fuel costs :rant: people are gonna choose not to travel if it means another 2 hours travelling,and x more £s in fuel costs.I think the recession is affecting us all,so maybe now is the time to think about doing what is right for the whole membership.Think it would be a real shame to lose,what is normally one of the events of the year. Everybody loves the prestige of winning a title,those titles could be bitter sweet if there's only odd dogs running in the classes

:unsure: As I don't do much bend racing anymore, I haven't been to many tracks. Whenever I've been to Highgate, they always seem to make us welcome. I agree with the point about the cost of travelling, nowadays and can only think the situation will not improve, anytime soon. We have lost so many venues that make whippets' welcome we should all strive to protect those that we have. Just how we go about this I'm not sure. Could we not share out certain events around the available venues, but keep the championships to a centrally, or as near as possible, situated stadium. This would ensure that we could retain some sort of interest in the other venues, whilst enabling those wishing to run for a title, would not be able to say the distance to the Champs was prohibitive, thereby devalueing the titles won on the day! Just a thought and I would bow to anyone elses superior knowledge, as a part-time bend racer! :wub:

See what your saying Andy,but think the track should be accessable to all,and Highgate is as near as we are gonna get,in the middle.Think due to rising fuel costs :rant: people are gonna choose not to travel if it means another 2 hours travelling,and x more £s in fuel costs.I think the recession is affecting us all,so maybe now is the time to think about doing what is right for the whole membership.Think it would be a real shame to lose,what is normally one of the events of the year. Everybody loves the prestige of winning a title,those titles could be bitter sweet if there's only odd dogs running in the classes
yea i agree karen travelling now is expensive, but askern is central aswell, its like 15 mins away from highgate.. i know the champs will never be at the flapping tracks in the north as its not right for people in the south to travel that far.. just think we need to make use of what we can now before its too late!!

What as Askern put back into whippet racing, FA.

What as Askern put back into whippet racing, FA.
not getting into petty arguments with anyone, there used to have a club on a thurs nights which was great, but apart from that dont think they have had much chance! im not suggesting in anyway that we take everything away from highgate cos highgate do a lot for us whippet racers and always do evertything to 110%. i dont think we shud have all our eggs in 1 basket thats all, we all know how easy it is for us to lose tracks and we dont know what is round the corner.

Back