The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Where Would Members Like The Bwra Bend Champs To Be

highgate and can we have the club running again geoff

Right girls, next saturday it is :thumbsup:

What as Askern put back into whippet racing, FA.
dont think thats fair at all Asken have always been good to whippet racing over the year having Champs there and Maltby bend open at Asken and am sure they still would have whippets there given the chance !! we should support any track willing to have whippets on not put them down

Last edited by a moderator:
dont think thats fair at all Asken have always been good to whippet racing over the year having Champs there and Maltby bend open at Asken and am sure they still would have whippets there given the chance !! we should support any track willing to have whippets on not put them down
Why dont you propose it for the champs then :wacko:

whats your problem !! is it only you whos allowed an opinion

whats your problem !! is it only you whos allowed an opinion
I dont have a problem, and accept that everybody as an opinion, and its my opinion that Askern as put FA back into whippet racing, Highgate have put £100s back into our sport.

Did Askern put money into the sport when you held nwrf events there? if so how much.

oh did'nt no it was just about money with you !! (w00t) thought it was about somewhere to hold whippet events after all thats what the topics about

oh did'nt no it was just about money with you !! (w00t) thought it was about somewhere to hold whippet events after all thats what the topics about
It is about somewhere to hold whippet events, its also about tracks that look after whippet racers, regarding it being about money, Highgate put up £1000 in 2009, Highate put a trap man at all meetings, how much did Askern give to the nwrf when you ran it?

to be honest in 20 odd years of racing ive never known anywhere who give or acomadate us like highgate do :thumbsup:

to be honest in 20 odd years of racing ive never known anywhere who give or acomadate us like highgate do :thumbsup:
Not playing tit for tat cos the tracks not on offer but I have to let it be known that Westhoughton owners have continually been extremely generous as well.

They've sponsored races for organisations, added extra prize money, given us club racing at a nominal price and even loaned the track for free as well and this has gone on for decades.

I have to respond after seeing this because it would be ignorant not to recognise those tracks that have been equally supportive Gary as I'm sure you appreciate. :thumbsup: Additionally, I'm also grateful for the support Highgate and their staff have given to whippet racing. :thumbsup:

With regards to the champs, I think the first thing people should decide before they go is whether they want the event held on a flapping track or an NGRC track. Additionally those tracks were folk want to run need to be nominated and it would save a lot of time and hassle if folk could get confirmation of a track's availability.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is about somewhere to hold whippet events, its also about tracks that look after whippet racers, regarding it being about money, Highgate put up £1000 in 2009, Highate put a trap man at all meetings, how much did Askern give to the nwrf when you ran it?
Asken never gave any money to the nwrf when we had opens there !! but then Highgate never gave any money to the nwrf in all the years we ran opens there !! like i'v said its not about MONEY !!

i started this Topic to see where members of the B.W.R.A would like the champs and think by far Highgate won the vote on k9,

like Jac said they have been good to whippet racing and i'm sure where all grateful for the support Highgate and their staff have given to whippet racing at the end of the day they dont have to give anything back to whippet racing, they run the track to make money something that is getting harder to do for most greyhound tracks, i hope over the last 20 years highgate have made money from holding most of whippet racing big events and lets hope they can do this over the next 20 years :thumbsup:

kingsley thats ih the middle only joking highgate is the place to be

It would always be Highgate for me for a champs as this is where without doupht you will get the best attendance

creating a good atmophere the last thing you want is solos

John

Asken never gave any money to the nwrf when we had opens there !! but then Highgate never gave any money to the nwrf in all the years we ran opens there !! like i'v said its not about MONEY !!
That proves my point, Askern put FA back into whippet racing.

Back