The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Price Of Puppys? Help.

Hi guys up here in the north of scotland whippet puppies tend to be cheaper for a pet i wouldn say any more than 250 - 300 if i was to buy another dog for showing i wouldn pay any more than 400 .

phill said:
Just because i questioned the price some people are charging for puppies,Does'nt mean we would not make a good home,Seraphina said "they are suspicious of people who question the price"I could flip this around and say us "newbie's" would be suspicious of people who are charging ££££...? Fair? :blink:

Janimal has put it all into context,Thanks :thumbsup:

Sorry Phil, I did not mean you! :b

I meant people who question my very reasonable price. It is apropriate to question a price which is considerably more than most very good breeders charge, and the litter is bred by somebody totally unknown in Whippet circles. :)

There is a difference between asking about price and saying, "Oh as much as that but i have seen them for 50 pounds in the paper!" Well, that would not cover my mating costs if I sold the pups for that amount. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Any chance of seeing pics of your Bengal cats :wub: Phill ? please :huggles:

Sorry Jax,I have no pics of my cats now(my ex-wife has them and the cats) :- " ,They were Persians though,Not Bengals. Lovely cats though.

Phill. :thumbsup:

:oops: sorry about that , both the ex having them :( and getting the wrong breed , My sister breeds Persians and I had one of her black ones , Leroy , who died many years ago .

*Lesley* said:
beaker said:
*Lesley* said:
Not me Jax any colour is fine for me :lol:   :wub:

you just need a blue and a fawn then you will have the "set" :p

You know me I like multi colours, a bit of variety I love blues and fawns but you don't get them with half a white head :lol:

what about a 'bit lob sided' white head? :lol:

Picture_872.jpg

Great pics! :thumbsup: I love the "bit lob sided" white head :D

Jax,Dont worry about it.I did have 3 persians,2 colour points,1 massive red one....named "costley" :D :D :p

cheers,

Phill. :thumbsup:

beaker said:
*Lesley* said:
beaker said:
*Lesley* said:
Not me Jax any colour is fine for me :lol:   :wub:

you just need a blue and a fawn then you will have the "set" :p

You know me I like multi colours, a bit of variety I love blues and fawns but you don't get them with half a white head :lol:

what about a 'bit lob sided' white head? :lol:

Yes that will do nicely :wub: :wub: :wub:

I notice some whippet breeders are charging more for bitches than for dogs, usually £50 difference

what are your opinions on this practice?

I charge the same, dog or bitch, pet or pet to show! To me the dogs value is the same for either sex. :thumbsup:

phill said:
Hi,  Sorry if this has been covered before,I have tried searches in the F.A.Q. But i could'nt find out :b

Could anybody tell me what we should be expected to pay for a decent, healthy line whippet pup?  NOT for showing or racing,Just a lovely pet whippy for us :thumbsup:   :D

Thanks.

PHILL

JUST A THOUGHT BUT MY NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOUR AS GOT 2 PED WHIPPETS AND HIS BITCH AS JUST HAD 4 PUPS AND HE'S ASKING FOR £200 EACH.

THE ONLY PROBLEM IS THERES NO PAPERS WITH THEM AND WE LIVE AT PERRY BAR Nr BIRMINGHAM WEST MIDLANDS. PM ME IF INTRESTED

Macha said:
I notice some whippet breeders are charging more for bitches than for dogs, usually £50 difference
what are your opinions on this practice?

When i first started to bred Danes I did put slightly different prices on my pups. To start with as 95% of people wanted a male, I was asking little less for the bitches. That gave people the incentive to consider a bitch instead. Once I had a "mismark", what is called a boston = white socks, wide blaze and white on face. That is a big NO NO in Danes, so I dropped his price down, thinking nobody will want him. He got snapped up by the first person :) I had a large photo of the whole litter on a noticeboard and every other person who came in looked the pups, looked at the photo, and asked for him :b :lol:

I would drop price of a Whippet puppy if I had one noticeably smaller and weaker than the rest, or one with something not quite right, like a kinky tail. But basically as I already said, my price is to cover my costs and the top pup cost me as much as the one which is not show quality.

Back