The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

New Puppy

bardmand said:
dolly said:
Millie said:
:D   Sounds like the sayings true.......... of every litter of solo pups 75% are Males  :thumbsup:
No picutres yet, Harry is doing fine. Surprised that he is fawn with white trim, both parent are brindles !!!

That is strange, as brindle is supposed to be recessive, so his genotype should be brindle if both parents are brindles. He couldn't just be very lightly marked? I'd be on the lookout for signs of any stripe(s) as he grows.

He looks very sweet, no matter what colour he turns out to be. :wub:

I have always thought that two brindles can produce fawn but two fawns cannot produce brindle as brindle is dominant. Therefore both Harrys parents would have to carry fawn having a fawn parent themselves????? :wacko:

Juley said:
bardmand said:
dolly said:
Millie said:
:D   Sounds like the sayings true.......... of every litter of solo pups 75% are Males  :thumbsup:
No picutres yet, Harry is doing fine. Surprised that he is fawn with white trim, both parent are brindles !!!

That is strange, as brindle is supposed to be recessive, so his genotype should be brindle if both parents are brindles. He couldn't just be very lightly marked? I'd be on the lookout for signs of any stripe(s) as he grows.

He looks very sweet, no matter what colour he turns out to be. :wub:

I have always thought that two brindles can produce fawn but two fawns cannot produce brindle as brindle is dominant. Therefore both Harrys parents would have to carry fawn having a fawn parent themselves????? :wacko:

No fawn grandparents, but fawn uncles and aunts!!

Ah well, back to the drawing board for me then :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: . He's a lovely looking pup.

Harry looks like a piece of candy :wub: Have fun!!!

Juley said:
I have always thought that two brindles can produce fawn but two fawns cannot produce brindle as brindle is dominant. Therefore both Harrys parents would have to carry fawn having a fawn parent themselves?????  :wacko:
Sounds exactly right to me!

A bit oversimplified - "most dominant" colour: 1. Black/blue >> 2. brindle >> 3. fawn

Fawn can therefore be hiding for many, many generations.

Hi Dolly,

Welcome to k9 forum, my first litter was a single pup by c section. I was lucky that his mum did finally spent about two weeks with him but after that she had little time for him. We played with him alot and tried to be substitute's for brothers and sisters, so now i have a very human whippet that would rather be with us that our other whippets(if he gets the chance). He has never really interacted with any of the pups that have been here(playing etc) but he would love to clean them if he got the chance. He is totally different to my other whippets, but he is totally devoted to us humans 100%. He doesn't have that drive to chase furry little animals etc, but he loves his tennis ball with a some what obsessive passion. He is my four legged alarm clock, and my best trained show dog.

He is my BART :wub:

Debra 8) :D o:)

:* Harry's eyes are open :*

He is just about up on his feet !! :p

Now, we definitely need a photo to prove it! :- " cunning ploy hey :p

Oooohh yes! A pic is needed AT ONCE! :lol: :huggles:

Good luck :luck: .....you might need it if you spoil him too much! Very adorable little man.

Pauline x

Harrys gorgeous :wub: :wub: would love to see more pics. :thumbsup: Bet he's spoilt rotten :wub: :huggles:

Harry's lastes picture 3weeks and 3 days !! Istill love him to bits!!!!!!!!!!!!

Harry's lastes picture 3weeks and 3 days !! Istill love him to bits!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wub: :wub: :wub: Soooooooooooo Sweet ! :huggles:

:wub: :wub: :wub: Harry looks so cute :wub: :wub: :wub:

How could you not love him :wub: :wub: He is perfect - glad he is doing so well :D

Millie said:
My solo pups were both girls. One had to be handreared as the bitch did not have milk. They both ended up very spoiled. Both very quite bossy and stubborn, but I was very firm with them and in the end they turned out to be very nice girls.

All the best to your baby! :luck:

Lida

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully here is a photo of Bart(Whippabout Wild N Wicked) :wub: my single pup he turned five this week.

Debra :D

100_0181.JPG

Back