The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

New Bwra Ruling

As has been said.... i agree some thing needed doing to cover our sport against the racing and registering of greyhounds ... but i don't think it should of been left down to a couple of fairly new comers who have read a debate on k9 , and then to stick a badly written proposal into the membership to vote on , its been proving by some on here that voted for it but did not realize the whole outcome (bigger picture) or what they where proposing for I think when this matter arised then a couple of senior racers would of been better sitting down and writing some thing more workable with no loop holes in it .. maybe the likes of Malcolm Clarke, Tony Cooper , Paul Jennings and maybe Tony Taylor that has plenty knowledge on % in blood

Just my opinion and i am not having a dig at Marie or Chris , but when something thats going to change 40 / 50 years of none ped racing is this important it should of been left to some one who know what they where talking about
Think that is an assumption on your part Dee that newcomers only make their descisions on what is said on K9,and whether newcomers or not they like every other BWRA member are entitled to take an active part in the BWRA.You must also remember that not every person who voted for the proposal is a new member,and please answer me how can someone who didn't bother to vote either way say they are wrong in putting the proposal in/
Karen i am only repeating what Maire has said herself in a previous post on this topic nothing unjust was meant by it

As for where this proposal came from, regular contributors to K9 will remember a topic before proposals were due to go in about scratch racing ( I currently only race scratch dogs) If you go back Im sure you'll find it or some of your friends will find it for you and in this discussion it became abundantly obvious that proposals were going to go in to curb both the size and outcrossing to greyhounds so Chris and I came up with this proposal hoping that it would be adopted as being better than some of the more severe proposals which were being suggested. It may have been 2 relative newcomers to whippet racing that proposed it but a respectable majority of very experienced whippet racers voted for it. Just for the record no one pulls my strings.

And i have the right to my opinion as to where and why the proposals came from ...you only have to look back at k9 for a number of years to see the debates on breeding and size
You have a right to an opinion Dee,but it is still only an assumption on your part that Marie and Chris made up there minds based on debates on K9 alone

think we should all just be hoping it all ends up fair and all dogs get regestered allready born, then see if it works if it dosnt it can be changed but im sure everyone agrees its only right for all to be given a fair chance at racing there dogs

As has been said.... i agree some thing needed doing to cover our sport against the racing and registering of greyhounds ... but i don't think it should of been left down to a couple of fairly new comers who have read a debate on k9 , and then to stick a badly written proposal into the membership to vote on , its been proving by some on here that voted for it but did not realize the whole outcome (bigger picture) or what they where proposing for I think when this matter arised then a couple of senior racers would of been better sitting down and writing some thing more workable with no loop holes in it .. maybe the likes of Malcolm Clarke, Tony Cooper , Paul Jennings and maybe Tony Taylor that has plenty knowledge on % in blood

Just my opinion and i am not having a dig at Marie or Chris , but when something thats going to change 40 / 50 years of none ped racing is this important it should of been left to some one who know what they where talking about
Think that is an assumption on your part Dee that newcomers only make their descisions on what is said on K9,and whether newcomers or not they like every other BWRA member are entitled to take an active part in the BWRA.You must also remember that not every person who voted for the proposal is a new member,and please answer me how can someone who didn't bother to vote either way say they are wrong in putting the proposal in/
Karen i am only repeating what Maire has said herself in a previous post on this topic nothing unjust was meant by it

As for where this proposal came from, regular contributors to K9 will remember a topic before proposals were due to go in about scratch racing ( I currently only race scratch dogs) If you go back Im sure you'll find it or some of your friends will find it for you and in this discussion it became abundantly obvious that proposals were going to go in to curb both the size and outcrossing to greyhounds so Chris and I came up with this proposal hoping that it would be adopted as being better than some of the more severe proposals which were being suggested. It may have been 2 relative newcomers to whippet racing that proposed it but a respectable majority of very experienced whippet racers voted for it. Just for the record no one pulls my strings.

And i have the right to my opinion as to where and why the proposals came from ...you only have to look back at k9 for a number of years to see the debates on breeding and size
You have a right to an opinion Dee,but it is still only an assumption on your part that Marie and Chris made up there minds based on debates on K9 alone
Dont worry karen, dee doesnt realise we have a life other than on K9 :D I personally love a bit of pole dancing and have considered introducing the first pole dancing whippet club..................not sure whether it will be the whippets or the owners that do the dancing!!

chris

i for one is not one of dees cronies i hardly know her and i take being called one offensive so like i have been polite in my posts by saying please thanks and i do apoligise if ive offended any body in my posts but you should not call any body a cronie its rude

well if were saying it as it is chris i beleive this was aimed directly at gary farmer and graham pem :( so is it fair on anyone else who wishes to use a greyhound with a small stud dog that is say 16 pound or 20 or 30 shall i go on :( because thats whats happening i told graham it was a mistake at the time he could of lied but choose to tell the truth regarding what he bred..... the ruling is just tearing this apart and the word cronies is a bit harsher than the word newcomers wich im plesed we have.. but if this continues bet we dont get many more.dee isnt having ago at you chris she is pointing out what she sees but if you want to take it that way thats your problem. nothing is personal from our behalf its just like all politics on any subject not everyone agrees.
Gary I think there have been a few lists put on here about which dogs it affects,they don't all belong to Graham and Gary,so you could be way off base with that opinion

Then if it was a different reason for putting the proposal in , what is it ? .. i am positive they didn't sit down and think of what stud dogs this proposal affected , you cannot tell me they where aware that a 16lb and 18lb would not be able to line a greyhound

I too think the proposal was aimed at the magical dreams litter and the way Gary and graham where breeding ... but that could be me assumption on my part again

Any way i promised myself once the topic hit page 50 there was nothing more could be said than already has been ...now you proving me wrong

i think what i like karen as do you :) it was aimed at people using a lot of greyhound blood so who else was it aimed at then :blink: lessons im sure will be learned i also think the size needs to come down just dont think telling someone they cant regester dogs or use certain studs to there choice is the solution :( like i said i think we are all nearly in agreement on a time being put on this rule

Then if it was a different reason for putting the proposal in , what is it ? .. i am positive they didn't sit down and think of what stud dogs this proposal affected , you cannot tell me they where aware that a 16lb and 18lb would not be able to line a greyhound

I too think the proposal was aimed at the magical dreams litter and the way Gary and graham where breeding ... but that could be me assumption on my part again

Any way i promised myself once the topic hit page 50 there was nothing more could be said than already has been ...now you proving me wrong
wouldn't want you to stop posting just cause we've reached page 50 Dee.There's nothing better than a good debate :thumbsup: and i'm glad you agree with me :thumbsup:

I personally love a bit of pole dancing and have considered introducing the first pole dancing whippet club..................not sure whether it will be the whippets or the owners that do the dancing!!
chris
Please give Jacqui free membership, once saw her pole dance up a lamp post on Aldi carpark - it all ended in tears (ours we laughed so hard).

If you are so interested in our reasons for proposing it Denise then why didnt you or Gary ask us last weekend. If it's that important to you and others, who I presume have also seen us to speak to after we put the proposal in, why not ask person to person rather than try to discredit us and the proposal on here. Answer..................cos you havent got the danglybits to do it. :D

chris

your so wrong and its you thats getting personal chris i think its yourself that get a bee in your bonit when behind your keyboard as its you thats been nasty isnt it just cos we dont agree with everthing please keep silly coments like this to yourself

Last edited by a moderator:
i think what i like karen as do you :) it was aimed at people using a lot of greyhound blood so who else was it aimed at then :blink: lessons im sure will be learned i also think the size needs to come down just dont think telling someone they cant regester dogs or use certain studs to there choice is the solution :( like i said i think we are all nearly in agreement on a time being put on this rule
and I know you wont take offence if I think differently Gary.I think it was aimed at reducing the amount of greyhound blood used,which in turn will hopefully bring the size down.Maybe it could have gone further and considered 3/4 to 3/4 etc,but I think the aim was to reduce the size over a period of time not to wipe out greyhound blood entirely.Because of the capping proposal I think people will be wary of breeding with 3/4 to 3/4 etc I also think the capping rule will make people wary of using a greyhound for breeding purposes in the future/Just my way of thinking :)

your so wrong and its you thats getting personal chris i think its yourself that get a bee in your bonit when behind your keyboard as its you thats been nasty isnt it just cos we dont agree with everthing please keep silly coments like this to yourself

:( :clown:

Love the bit you added to your original post gary.

chris

and I know you wont take offence if I think differently Gary.I think it was aimed at reducing the amount of greyhound blood used,which in turn will hopefully bring the size down.Maybe it could have gone further and considered 3/4 to 3/4 etc,but I think the aim was to reduce the size over a period of time not to wipe out greyhound blood entirely.Because of the capping proposal I think people will be wary of breeding with 3/4 to 3/4 etc I also think the capping rule will make people wary of using a greyhound for breeding purposes in the future/Just my way of thinking :)

never taken ofence with you karen :D you once bought me an ice lolly at champs :D

If you are so interested in our reasons for proposing it Denise then why didnt you or Gary ask us last weekend. If it's that important to you and others, who I presume have also seen us to speak to after we put the proposal in, why not ask person to person rather than try to discredit us and the proposal on here. Answer..................cos you havent got the danglybits to do it. :D

chris
It is important to me and other ...does 50 odd pages not show that to you ...

If i had thought about it last week i would of asked you face to face but had my mind on one thing RACING ... but i will ask you face to face what your problem is with me i also find your answers very offensive and abrupt .

We all have are opinion regarding why the proposals were put in lets just leave it at that for now there is no need for all these personal remarks flying around at each other this is definatley not the way forward for a sport we all love.

We all have are opinion regarding why the proposals were put in lets just leave it at that for now there is no need for all these personal remarks flying around at each other this is definatley not the way forward for a sport we all love.

To right Graham , i have no more intension's of asking or replying to this person again on here , and she was the one insisting on clarification on how other rules affected none ped racing ,,, as Ive said before whats goes around comes around :eek:

And i am more than confident the BWRA committee will square this messy proposal up and allow every member to run there pups and yearling's born before the agm

I wont be answering on this topic again , its reached page 50 now lol 8)

all this reading has affected my poker skills i will have to see debbie now for more lessons.

WELL DONE DEBS ON REACHING 100K KNEW YOU WOULD GET THERE IN THE END. :thumbsup:

chris
It is important to me and other ...does 50 odd pages not show that to you ...

If i had thought about it last week i would of asked you face to face but had my mind on one thing RACING ... but i will ask you face to face what your problem is with me i also find your answers very offensive and abrupt .

agree (w00t) yes thats what i said agree lol it is important to most members not only on k9 but members of the bwra, first they see that the proposals they take the time to vote on get put in place, but should think most want to see it put in place in a fair way,

dont however agree that the number of pages 50 make it or show the importants of the topic as it seems the same members posting on it :oops:

Back