The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

New Bwra Ruling

That is my point Denise,Rule 1 has been loosley applied in the past,and continues to be loosley applied if you look at scratch dogs.As to if this bitch would be able to run now? I doubt it due to now having to record how litters are bred,listing both parents etc.How was she registered back when she ran, were both parents listed or the beddy put down as unknown sire or dam?
Sorry Karen i forgot to say ... as a person thats run none ped whippets for a number of years i do not recognize Muscle Bound as a none ped whippet under the new ruling, and weather you where at the agm or not if all proposals are to start from that date , as the members voted on in there forms ...he should not be allowed to race either :(

If i had a no limit or under 55lb as it is now i would be refusing to race against him and would be fully in my right as its the new rule , voted in Nov 08 ... sorry to be so direct but i am just pointing out what a lot of scr racers are saying at present about the none ped whippets that are over the 55lb mark ... to me some of your replies on this topic has falling under the as long as i am all right jack approach , i just wanted to make you aware of any situation that may arise, from the swapping of the start date 55lb cap ... whats good for one is good for another as they say !!!

not really sure what your saying here ? the fact you have been racing for a number of years, as no bearing on weather you recognize Muscle Bound as a none ped whippet under the new ruling, and think you have answered your point about the 55lb limit, all proposals to start from the A.G.M, that cannot inclued dogs already reg and running, or are you now saying that any dog already reg with the bwra but full under the new breeding rule should now not be allowed to run with the bwra and you would refuse to race with them ??
whats good for one is good for another as they say !!!

Where in my post did i say that cannot inclued dogs already reg and running

that any dog already reg with the bwra but full under the new breeding rule should now not be allowed to run with the bwra and you would refuse to race with them ??

Yes i am saying exactly that as is many scr racers

i am saying you cannot back date a proposal to include dogs already reg with the bwra, all proposals run from the frist bwra event after the A.G.M so would never have inclued dog already on the reg books,

As has been said.... i agree some thing needed doing to cover our sport against the racing and registering of greyhounds ... but i don't think it should of been left down to a couple of fairly new comers who have read a debate on k9 , and then to stick a badly written proposal into the membership to vote on , its been proving by some on here that voted for it but did not realize the whole outcome (bigger picture) or what they where proposing for I think when this matter arised then a couple of senior racers would of been better sitting down and writing some thing more workable with no loop holes in it .. maybe the likes of Malcolm Clarke, Tony Cooper , Paul Jennings and maybe Tony Taylor that has plenty knowledge on % in blood

Just my opinion and i am not having a dig at Marie or Chris , but when something thats going to change 40 / 50 years of none ped racing is this important it should of been left to some one who know what they where talking about
Think that is an assumption on your part Dee that newcomers only make their descisions on what is said on K9,and whether newcomers or not they like every other BWRA member are entitled to take an active part in the BWRA.You must also remember that not every person who voted for the proposal is a new member,and please answer me how can someone who didn't bother to vote either way say they are wrong in putting the proposal in/

karen this is just a discusion board and everyone is entitled to there opinion, its just after looking long and hard at the ruling it seems theres a lot of things wrong with it especialy when you think a 16 pounder cant mate a greyhound due to it not been bred the way people would like it to be but could mate a greyhound with a 50 or so pound dog :( this blows the whole thing out the water just my opinion

That is my point Denise,Rule 1 has been loosley applied in the past,and continues to be loosley applied if you look at scratch dogs.As to if this bitch would be able to run now? I doubt it due to now having to record how litters are bred,listing both parents etc.How was she registered back when she ran, were both parents listed or the beddy put down as unknown sire or dam?
Sorry Karen i forgot to say ... as a person thats run none ped whippets for a number of years i do not recognize Muscle Bound as a none ped whippet under the new ruling, and weather you where at the agm or not if all proposals are to start from that date , as the members voted on in there forms ...he should not be allowed to race either :(

If i had a no limit or under 55lb as it is now i would be refusing to race against him and would be fully in my right as its the new rule , voted in Nov 08 ... sorry to be so direct but i am just pointing out what a lot of scr racers are saying at present about the none ped whippets that are over the 55lb mark ... to me some of your replies on this topic has falling under the as long as i am all right jack approach , i just wanted to make you aware of any situation that may arise, from the swapping of the start date 55lb cap ... whats good for one is good for another as they say !!!

not really sure what your saying here ? the fact you have been racing for a number of years, as no bearing on weather you recognize Muscle Bound as a none ped whippet under the new ruling, and think you have answered your point about the 55lb limit, all proposals to start from the A.G.M, that cannot inclued dogs already reg and running, or are you now saying that any dog already reg with the bwra but full under the new breeding rule should now not be allowed to run with the bwra and you would refuse to race with them ??

that any dog already reg with the bwra but full under the new breeding rule should now not be allowed to run with the bwra and you would refuse to race with them ??

i am saying you cannot back date a proposal to include dogs already reg with the bwra, all proposals run from the frist bwra event after the A.G.M so would never have inclued dog already on the reg books,
So what happens to pups registered that do go over 55lb or say someone registers a dog at 4 months and it makes over 55lb ... can they run or not

CAN ANYONE TELL ME I HAVE ASKED IN A EARLIER POST AS I WAS TOLD BY DENNIS FROM MALTBY THAT THE BWRA ARE HAVING THE 55LB LIMIT ALSO A NO LIMIT CLASS IS THIS TRUE.

As has been said.... i agree some thing needed doing to cover our sport against the racing and registering of greyhounds ... but i don't think it should of been left down to a couple of fairly new comers who have read a debate on k9 , and then to stick a badly written proposal into the membership to vote on , its been proving by some on here that voted for it but did not realize the whole outcome (bigger picture) or what they where proposing for I think when this matter arised then a couple of senior racers would of been better sitting down and writing some thing more workable with no loop holes in it .. maybe the likes of Malcolm Clarke, Tony Cooper , Paul Jennings and maybe Tony Taylor that has plenty knowledge on % in blood

Just my opinion and i am not having a dig at Marie or Chris , but when something thats going to change 40 / 50 years of none ped racing is this important it should of been left to some one who know what they where talking about
Think that is an assumption on your part Dee that newcomers only make their descisions on what is said on K9,and whether newcomers or not they like every other BWRA member are entitled to take an active part in the BWRA.You must also remember that not every person who voted for the proposal is a new member,and please answer me how can someone who didn't bother to vote either way say they are wrong in putting the proposal in/
Karen i am only repeating what Maire has said herself in a previous post on this topic nothing unjust was meant by it

QUOTE MARIE

As for where this proposal came from, regular contributors to K9 will remember a topic before proposals were due to go in about scratch racing ( I currently only race scratch dogs) If you go back Im sure you'll find it or some of your friends will find it for you and in this discussion it became abundantly obvious that proposals were going to go in to curb both the size and outcrossing to greyhounds so Chris and I came up with this proposal hoping that it would be adopted as being better than some of the more severe proposals which were being suggested. It may have been 2 relative newcomers to whippet racing that proposed it but a respectable majority of very experienced whippet racers voted for it. Just for the record no one pulls my strings.

And i have the right to my opinion as to where and why the proposals came from ...you only have to look back at k9 for a number of years to see the debates on breeding and size

Last edited by a moderator:
Simple because Sup Rch Red Reign and Billy the Kid both have saluki x collie in a few generations back, but these both could be bred and produce pups that can be registered to run with none ped whippets But some are querying there greyhound cross pups ... Whippet like in appearance ..

yes they can be reg, just like any of the stud dog with greyhound in them a few generations back,
Don't you think it rather a farce that dogs containing saluki x collie can be registered , yet some dogs with to much greyhound in them that where born before the agm can not be registered ... all i am saying is our none ped whippets are not a true bred they are sight-hounds , lurcher's

I am not for anyone not been able to register dogs already born , just think its unfair

i think like i have said all pups born before the agm or even the frist bwra open of this year should be allowed to still reg, any breeding that comes under the new rule after that date should not be allowed under the new rule

So what happens to pups registered that do go over 55lb or say someone registers a dog at 4 months and it makes over 55lb ... can they run or not

any pup yearling already reg before this proposal was vote and passed at the A.G.M weather they go over the 55lb cup or full under the breeding cap will still keep there membership and run with the bwra, any dog reg after this date and makes over the 55lb cap will have there reg money returned

Well denise if that cant be seen as a dig then i would hate to see you with a spade lol

It's a shame that you and your cronies feel badly done to that marie and I put forward the proposal. Of course stating that we have little knowledge or experience in whippet racing, (tho we have won a few things and learnt a lot along the way, mostly from our experiences in other areas of greyhound and dog breeding etc but i wont lower myself by explaining that again) might get a few people to listen to you.......................probably the most I have learnt about dog racing is that it is the owners that are the problem in whippet racing, not the dogs themselves. And as for us leaving it to those who know better.............when was that meeting where Paul Jennings said bring the breeding down or suffer the consequences? I wasnt in racing then,were you?

If so, I'm sure a few of those who you consider experienced enough were around then too..................have you or they brought the breeding down in any way? If you were so concerned about the proposal then why didn't you go to the AGM and say something..................the rest goes for the other people who have criticised marie and myself for proposing something we carefully thought through and didn't take lightly.

I am astounded at the majority of people who cant see through the farce that is going on at the moment. Feel free to discredit us both denise, I'm not bothered and dont patronise me by saying you are not trying to because thats a lie and i wouldn't like my intelligence to be insulted any further thanks.

My only concern is that the date for this proposal to start should accomodate pups conceived and already born before the 14th dec 2008. The same should stand for the 55cap also in my eyes. That is the only concern i have.

chris

Well denise if that cant be seen as a dig then i would hate to see you with a spade lol

It's a shame that you and your cronies feel badly done to that marie and I put forward the proposal. Of course stating that we have little knowledge or experience in whippet racing, (tho we have won a few things and learnt a lot along the way, mostly from our experiences in other areas of greyhound and dog breeding etc but i wont lower myself by explaining that again) might get a few people to listen to you.......................probably the most I have learnt about dog racing is that it is the owners that are the problem in whippet racing, not the dogs themselves. And as for us leaving it to those who know better.............when was that meeting where Paul Jennings said bring the breeding down or suffer the consequences? I wasnt in racing then,were you?

If so, I'm sure a few of those who you consider experienced enough were around then too..................have you or they brought the breeding down in any way? If you were so concerned about the proposal then why didn't you go to the AGM and say something..................the rest goes for the other people who have criticised marie and myself for proposing something we carefully thought through and didn't take lightly.

I am astounded at the majority of people who cant see through the farce that is going on at the moment. Feel free to discredit us both denise, I'm not bothered and dont patronise me by saying you are not trying to because thats a lie and i wouldn't like my intelligence to be insulted any further thanks.

My only concern is that the date for this proposal to start should accomodate pups conceived and already born before the 14th dec 2008. The same should stand for the 55cap also in my eyes. That is the only concern i have.

chris

well said you have my vote newbe :- :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

any pup yearling already reg before this proposal was vote and passed at the A.G.M weather they go over the 55lb cup or full under the breeding cap will still keep there membership and run with the bwra, any dog reg after this date and makes over the 55lb cap will have there reg money returned
Thanks i will book mark that :D

all you had to do was look back think its page 40 already posted the same answer

chris
As for where this proposal came from, regular contributors to K9 will remember a topic before proposals were due to go in about scratch racing ( I currently only race scratch dogs) If you go back Im sure you'll find it or some of your friends will find it for you and in this discussion it became abundantly obvious that proposals were going to go in to curb both the size and outcrossing to greyhounds so Chris and I came up with this proposal hoping that it would be adopted as being better than some of the more severe proposals which were being suggested. It may have been 2 relative newcomers to whippet racing that proposed it but a respectable majority of very experienced whippet racers voted for it. Just for the record no one pulls my strings.

Only repeating what Marie said previously

This is a debate board don't forget , every members entitled to the own opinion ...Thanks for yours refreahing as ever :thumbsup:

well if were saying it as it is chris i beleive this was aimed directly at gary farmer and graham pem :( so is it fair on anyone else who wishes to use a greyhound with a small stud dog that is say 16 pound or 20 or 30 shall i go on :( because thats whats happening i told graham it was a mistake at the time he could of lied but choose to tell the truth regarding what he bred..... the ruling is just tearing this apart and the word cronies is a bit harsher than the word newcomers wich im plesed we have.. but if this continues bet we dont get many more.dee isnt having ago at you chris she is pointing out what she sees but if you want to take it that way thats your problem. nothing is personal from our behalf its just like all politics on any subject not everyone agrees.

well if were saying it as it is chris i beleive this was aimed directly at gary farmer and graham pem :( so is it fair on anyone else who wishes to use a greyhound with a small stud dog that is say 16 pound or 20 or 30 shall i go on :( because thats whats happening i told graham it was a mistake at the time he could of lied but choose to tell the truth regarding what he bred..... the ruling is just tearing this apart and the word cronies is a bit harsher than the word newcomers wich im plesed we have.. but if this continues bet we dont get many more.dee isnt having ago at you chris she is pointing out what she sees but if you want to take it that way thats your problem. nothing is personal from our behalf its just like all politics on any subject not everyone agrees.
It's people tearing the sport apart gary not rulings, our proposal was aimed at those people who continue to breed to greyhounds without thought for the consequences apart from their own gain. I'm not sure if gary or graham would put themselves in that category, only they could answer that.

chris

the sport needs to keep people not lose them, let every dog race. police the new rule after the pups now and mated bitches litters are registered.. classes for all... :) its the correct way forward.

chris

Only repeating what Marie said previously

This is a debate board don't forget , every members entitled to the own opinion ...Thanks for yours refreahing as ever :thumbsup:
Your tactics havent changed denise. I'm glad you think my posts are refreshing :cheers:

chris

Back