The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Kennel Cough

squizzle racing said:
peppermint lady said:
squizzle racing said:
springfield said:
:luck:   :luck:   :luck: Get well soon dogs,Good on you for letting people know. :)   :)   :) Seemed to happen similar time last year I think :nuke:
some body told us that this started at the champs ?

ive been told that it started at the champs :wacko: , but the time since the champs is to long for our dogs, :unsure: so ours 100% picked it up from someone at the andover open :(

THAT MEANS THAT SOME ONE FROM THE CHAMPS TOOK IT TO ANDOVER .

THEY DID NOT GIVE TWO HOOTS ABOUT OTHER DOGS .JUST TO GET THE POINTS

DONT FORGET THATS 8 DAYS AFTER THE CHAMPS :rant:

it can take up to 10 days to come out that is why we need no racing for at least 3 weeks, to make sure it has come out.

most clubs are doing this so we should soon be rid of it. :sweating:

makes a change.....nobody gives me anything usually (w00t) :- "

So sorry to here about your babies getting the dreaded KC.

Take care and give them loads of hugs and they will soon be fine.

well im pleased to say the girls seem brighter today :sweating: :sweating:

my sitting room sounds like a smokers cough first thing in the morning :lol: :lol:

but im finding that a bowl of cold milk seems to do the trick :thumbsup:

nobody is producing snot :x :x anymore thankgod ;)

i would like to thank everyone that has rang and sent a pm and added to this thread wishing them well :huggles: :huggles: :thumbsup:

squizzle racing said:
THAT MEANS THAT SOME ONE FROM THE CHAMPS TOOK IT TO ANDOVER .THEY DID NOT GIVE TWO HOOTS ABOUT OTHER DOGS .JUST TO GET THE POINTS

DONT FORGET THATS 8 DAYS AFTER THE CHAMPS  :rant:
To be fair, the owner may not have known and thats the problem. The dog (s) may have been shedding the virus but had not started coughing yet. Although in normal circumstances they're not supposed to be infectious until they start coughing I think that at racing its a bit different. On the lure they are panting and breathing deeply into each others faces and that's why its so easily passed on before they are actually starting to cough. They might not start coughing until a couple of days after the open so the owners don't know until then but its already too late. That's why I think its such a good thing to stop all racing for 2 or 3 weeks.

What's really annoying is daft people who bring a dog out racing when they've got others with the cough at home.

Last edited by a moderator:
i agree judy :thumbsup:

i know the northern are running this week, but only to members that have not run since the champs :thumbsup: so good on them.

i also see the hoe club are trying to inforce the same thing, but after reading their results from saturday 26th, i see dogs their that also ran andover the week before :unsure: :unsure: so it could have already been passed on :nuke:

Sorry to hear your babes have KC Julie :( But glad to read they are on the mend :thumbsup:

I'm quite glad I was away for that weekend :D

Jacquie said:
Sorry to hear your babes have KC Julie  :( But glad to read they are on the mend  :thumbsup:
I'm quite glad I was away for that weekend  :D

thank you....i think they are enjoying whatching me worry about them :- "

yes how hot was the date :b :- "

Glad your girls feeling better Julie,all quiet at the mo it seems :sweating: so lets hope we have managed to contain it fairly quickly :luck: :luck: :luck:

peppermint lady said:
well im pleased to say the girls seem brighter today :sweating:   :sweating: my sitting room sounds like a smokers cough first thing in the morning :lol:   :lol:

but im finding that a bowl of cold milk seems to do the trick  :thumbsup:

nobody is producing snot :x   :x anymore thankgod ;)

i would like to thank everyone that has rang and sent a pm and added to this thread wishing them well :huggles:   :huggles:   :thumbsup:

Julie, soooo pleased the girls are feeling and looking brighter :thumbsup: also its nice to know that a couple of opens have been cancelled cause of this :D . My dogs have not ran since the Champs, and have not shown any signs of the dreaded cough :x I am very pleased to say, :sweating: . well hope all dogs that have been poorly are feeling better now :thumbsup:

all the best shaz John and the boys :wub: xx

thanks shaz :thumbsup:

lolly is the only one thats fine....must be in the genes :thumbsup:

Glad the Peppermints are feeling more "minty" today :lol: They soon get over it don't they :huggles:

So far so good here - I can't see how Smidge has escaped it though :unsure: - he was all over the place at Andover :teehee:

:) Glad yours are on the mend :thumbsup: - Im sure Ive got it :blink: Ive been coughing all night :lol: :lol: Seriously though it is nasty when they get it :luck: :luck:

June Jonigk said:
Glad the Peppermints are feeling more "minty" today :lol:   They soon get over it don't they  :huggles:
So far so good here - I can't see how Smidge has escaped it though :unsure:   - he was all over the place at Andover :teehee:

its a waiting game for us all clear so far here too good luck to all those waiting till sunday and glad the peppermint are on the mend

June Jonigk said:
Glad the Peppermints are feeling more "minty" today :lol:   They soon get over it don't they  :huggles:
So far so good here - I can't see how Smidge has escaped it though :unsure:   - he was all over the place at Andover :teehee:

we are glad smidge is ok as we was parked next to you do you know if the pups near us are ok

Back