The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Is It True

Oh forgot to say 10/10 for the speedy response on the BWRA website :thumbsup:

What a refreshing change to get to know straight from the horses mouth--thanks to the BWRA Committee at last you done something positive a great start to the new year---

I am sure that lessons have been learnt and folk are a lot wiser now but a satisfactory decision by the majority that voted -lets get on with the fun side of racing now and put this issue to bed --

hope this is how things will be dealt with in the future with members having the option to vote if required---

thanks also to regions reps for their hard work and input --

steve

wild whippies said:
Think your best bet would be to post on BWRA Top Gun forum as responses to discussions on here are being posted there. ;)
Thanks for informing us there was a Reps meeting though.

the north west chairman and all north west were informed as soon as I was on Tues of the reps meeting as were the north west members present at wessie on sat Jac

Didn't realise everyone was informed on Saturday night, I presume the North West Chairman failed to tell me because we wouldn't of been able to attend at short notice.

Apologies for my lack of attendance.

wild whippies said:
Didn't realise everyone was informed on Saturday night, I presume the North West Chairman failed to tell me because we wouldn't of been able to attend at short notice. Apologies for my lack of attendance.

did send you a p.m as well must have bounced back

voting forms

339 sent out and only 172 could be bothered to vote and send them back.

I was informed of the reps meetings on Tuesday through unoffical channels. However I was given the impression that I wasn't going to be told directly and given the content of the meeting this does not suprise me.

Linda did ask if I knew about the meeting Saturday.

Thats totally up to the interval if they wanted to vote or not..but at least every member got a chance to vote...

the 167 who did'nt vote should have no comments to make about the outcome. :oops:

if they had bothered to vote the outcome might have been different :- "

Maybe the individuals that did not bother to vote will not bother to comment either -some people are happy to go with the flow and not get involved in the said politics of whippet racing and enjoy it for the sport (hobby) that it is meant to be.

Also as the vote is supposed to be confidential too no one should know who did or did not vote other than themselves and maybe the people who counted the votes and again these people should keep it that way confidential :) It is the individuals choice whether to use their vote or not and if they have been given the opportunity then things have been done correctly. :)

Tony Taylor said:
I was informed of the reps meetings on Tuesday through unoffical channels. However I was given the impression that  I wasn't going to be told directly and given the content of the meeting this does not suprise me.Linda did ask if I knew about the meeting Saturday.

Tony re-your above post

I was informed about the meeting on Tuesday I then e-mailed all North West reps on Tuesday with the following message

"a reps meeting has arranged for Sunday 10th Feb re- ballot have told Allison that I couldn't guarantee all of our reps would be able to attend at such short notice but would let them know"

whilst at Westhoughton on Saturday night I informed all North West members who were present of the same, on Sunday evening I phoned you as you are North West chairman and gave you a full report on the meeting I also phoned Jac who is one of our reps but couldn't get hold of her our two other reps were present at the meeting the rest of the North West members will be reported back to on Sunday morning 17th Feb at Westhoughton with regard to the whole content of the meeting it is unfortunate it hasn't been included in the statement the BWRA have put out but taking into account what it concerns I think they have gone about it in the correct manner so far, hopefully a letter which is to be sent out will be done A.S.A.P as well as the minutes of the meeting then the regional secretaries can update the members.

TONGUES WILL JUST HAVE TO WAG FOR THE TIME BEING

Last edited by a moderator:
In fairness to yourself Linda, I wouldn't like to be reliant on your own personal accounts of a meeting, a factual account documenting the minutes is most definately required in this case.

in respect to the fact they payed back the money i think its harsh :( but its been dealt with the best way the bwra could. its happened not so long ago with no money paid back with no where near such consequences DOUBLE STANDARDS springs to mind :( but folks had the choice and fair play to those who bothered to vote whichever way they did. just my opinion so before anyone botheres I'm not looking for a slanging match well done bwra on a speedy response .

mutley said:
in respect to the fact they payed back the money i think its harsh :(   but its been dealt with the best way the bwra could. its happened not so long ago with no money paid back with no where near such consequences DOUBLE STANDARDS springs to mind :(   but folks had the choice and fair play to those who bothered to vote whichever way they did. just my opinion so before anyone botheres I'm not looking for a slanging match well done bwra on a speedy response .

I think it's time to leave the past in the past and get on with racing whippets.

It's what we all love and have been doing for years!!!!

Here's to a better 2008 with some great whippet racing.

Sharon

shar0703 said:
mutley said:
in respect to the fact they payed back the money i think its harsh :(   but its been dealt with the best way the bwra could. its happened not so long ago with no money paid back with no where near such consequences DOUBLE STANDARDS springs to mind :(   but folks had the choice and fair play to those who bothered to vote whichever way they did. just my opinion so before anyone botheres I'm not looking for a slanging match well done bwra on a speedy response .

I think it's time to leave the past in the past and get on with racing whippets.

Sharon

here here !!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

DENISE BAILEY said:
Tony Taylor said:
Vicky said:
Oh forgot to say 10/10 for the speedy response on the BWRA website  :thumbsup:
Unfortunatley the information given on the BWRA website is incomplete and hence somewhat misleading.

Please explain Tony its no good getting information its not all there and correct

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The number of votes cast for each of the six proposals has not been given. Instead we have been given what appears to be the votes cast for the first proposal only. Howere we do not appear to have given the number of votes cast for the proposal to suspend BWRA membership indefinatley nor do we appear to have the votes cast for one of the following ( terms of suspension).

I find this rather odd.

"The Majority of the votes to Indefinitely suspend Mr B Bellwood from the B.W.R.A"

seems to me to be a nonsensical statement. Perhaps it was meant as "The Majority of the votes were to Indefinitely suspend Mr B Bellwood from the B.W.R.A.

I feel that it would be of interest to the membership to know the reasons why 9 of the votes were considered invalid.

We can all make up our own minds as to why the above occurred.

piglet said:
shar0703 said:

Sharon

I don't doubt for a second that we all want to carry on whippet racing, however if the reprimanding of members isn't carried out fairly, accurately and well documented these organisations can leave themselves wide open to legal repercussions - if liable, the financial implications could ruin that organisation and we'd no longer be able to ''carry on whippet racing''

Piglet you of all people should be supportive of ensuring a member receives fair and just treatment.

Not falling out with you Pig but I'm sure you appreciate where I'm coming from. :thumbsup:

wild whippies said:
piglet said:
shar0703 said:

Sharon

I don't doubt for a second that we all want to carry on whippet racing, however if the reprimanding of members isn't carried out fairly, accurately and well documented these organisations can leave themselves wide open to legal repercussions - if liable, the financial implications could ruin that organisation and we'd no longer be able to ''carry on whippet racing''

Piglet you of all people should be supportive of ensuring a member receives fair and just treatment.

Not falling out with you Pig but I'm sure you appreciate where I'm coming from. :thumbsup:

I did not once refer to the reprimanding of members not being carried out, the 2 issues have both been dealt with, some members will agree with how they were handled, some will not. What was meant by my post was that the issues have been dealt with and now need putting to rest. We will get no where by repeatedly bringing up the past.

Sharon

JOHNG said:
Thats totally up to the interval if they wanted to vote or not..but at least every member got a chance to vote...

the 167 who did'nt vote should have no comments to make about the outcome. :oops:

if they had bothered to vote the outcome might have been different :- "

Not all of the 167 received their voting forms.

No doubt I'm not alone in being unwilling to sign the voting form as requested fearing a witch hunt. It would be interesting to see how many of the BWRA committee would sign an affidavit that they have kept the voting decisions of all members confidential.

its not in the past yet Sharon Bruce can appeal against it so i dont think its over quite yet :blink: but you are right we all need to get on with racing :)

Back