The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

fighters

I SOLO RAN MY DOG EVERY WEEK, THEN PUT HER IN WITH A DOG SHE COULD PASS EASILY, I WOULD JUST SAY SOME PEOPLE STILL THINK SHE INTERFERE, MAD STICKS :b

Cheers Vicky, they enjoyed your open last year. Pity you race same time as us and same day, I'm sure they'll consider all options.

He ran with Kipper on Wednesday night. He can pass him with ease now.

eddie had a reputation before he left the north east as a fighter but solo training and racing with dogs he could beat DID work.

we ran him at gin pit with dogs we knew he could beat.

It would be ashame if kestral flyers owners lost faith because of these incidents.

it's very disheartening having a dog that occassionally fights! :(

some times you wonder if you might as well give up! :x

what makes it worse is if you get comments like the original post or whispers at the traps!

what I would say to anybody is perservere! :b

Regards,

Scott.

been there and done it scott :oops: to have a dog you bred returned for being a fighter is disheartning. luckily with time and perseversence it worked out well for us. we did explain to people who raced with us that maybe the dog would be "naughty" and if they didnt want to run then fair enough....luckily at gin pit we have a few people with dogs who will let us trail (inc the peds) and im soooo grateful to those people

i would like to add a few points on this

1. IMO kestrel flyer was not the only dog to interfere this weekend it may have been the only dog to be thrown out but not the only one interfering.

2. if people do not want to run with dogs that they say are ( known fighters) then do as i DON,T RUN think of your dog if you are worried it stands more chance of injury.

3. most of us have had fighters in the past although some of us would not admit to it.

4 and steve you would have thought yu would no by now people on this site are never happy unless their slagging someone off lol

5. i wish the owners of kesrtrel flyer all the luck in proving them all wrong and going on to win for his owners. :thumbsup:

DONNA

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that Lynn/Mick/family would ever even consider returning the dog. They ADORE him. He was never bought solely for racing-infact it was us that suggested to them that it may be an hobby that they would enjoy as a family. (w00t)

We have more than done enough to promote the sport at various levels/media and would never have encouraged them to attend if this even looked liked being on the cards. As in the past he has run 3 consecutive races with Gypsy Queen-no problem in Scotland + many others.

He ran on Monday with Yell and Pem's Lad no problem too.

In fact Gary Gorton thought something had maybe 'spooked' him on Sunday.

I have seen the look of horror on Lynn's face when she discovered how many racing whippets change hands- because they are not fast enough etc

I also saw the look on her face after the now 'very topical-consolation race' it was a look of shock/disbelief.

Luckily as you say Michelle, there is more understanding at club level.

He can continue running at Lancaster for as along as he needs/wants.

MMM VERY INTERSESTING TOPIC THIS. AS WHEN MICKEY WHIZZ WAS A YOUNGSTER HE TOO GOT A REPUTATION AS A FIGHTER WHEN ALL HE WAS DOING WAS COURSING THE LURE IE RUNNING TO THE MIDDLE. WE DIDNT KNOW THIS FOR A WHILE SO WERE SEEDING HIM LEFT THEN RIGHT THEN WHEN HE WAS PUT OFF THE MIDDLE SURPRISE SURPRISE HE RAN STRAIGHT. I HAVE WACTHED THE VIDEO AT LEAST 8 TIMES NOW AND I WONDERERD AT FIRST IF THE DOG WAS A LEFT HAND RUNNER AS HE WENT SEVERLY OVER THAT WAY. BUT THEN IN ANOTHER RACE HE GOES RIGHT. SO JUST WONDERING IF THE OWNERS COULD TRY HIM IN THE MIDDLE WITH A DOG AT EITHER SIDE OF HIM. JUST A SUGGESTION U NEVER KNOW IT MIGHT WORK. I TOO WISH THE OWNERS ALL THE SUCCESS IN THE WORLD AND REMEMBER SUCCESS IS THE BEST REVENGE JUST LOOK AT MICKEY WHIZZ (fighter) NOW LOL

JUST OUT OF CURIOUSITY IF SLIPPER IIS 37LB THEN WHY DID IT RACE IN THE NO LIMITS ON SAT? I STILL CANT UNDERSTAND HOW IT RACED IN THE 40LB CONS ON SUN I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT IT WOULD HAVE HAD TO RACE IN THE SAME WEIGHT CLASS IT COMPETED IN ON SAT? MAYBE IM WRONG. THEN IT WAS ACTUALLY PUT IN THE 36LB CLASS ON MON? (it did however withdraw from this) SAYING ALL THAT I DONT LIKE TO SEE ANY DOG LAME SO I HOPE SLIPPER IS OK SOON. ;)

;) just watched kestral flyers 1st race where he is out of the middle box he veers slightly to the right but only because the rag did this, so maybe what i said before about trying him out the middle with a dog either side whom he can keep up with might work. No harm in trying. :thumbsup:

Has the dog in question ever been checked out , as i have seen a few dogs interfering with others during a race because they were lame or feeling something,

tell you friends to start to feed the dog out of a lure every meal, then feed him off the lure during solo runs.

I have had a fighter before and struggled with her for well over a year trying all sort of different things , by accident i let a friend run her and i stopped at the boxes and she ran straight..we continued to do this she never turned again , we put it down to her been jealous of any other dog getting to me.

I have to agree with ricky, if by any chance there was a question of the dog been a bit naughty , he should not of been run at a open ...its hard enough keeping your dogs sound without them getting hurt off another dog ...i know how bad slipper came off the track she was passing blood ..looks like a torn stomach muscle ...very nasty

MY ADVICE..... DONT GIVE IN, :p WE HAVE A DOG AT THE MOMENT WHO FOR SOME REASON DECIDED TO LEAN ON DOGS, :oops: WHEN WE HAD HER CHECKED OUT WE FOUND SHE HAD RIPPED A MUSCLE IN HER BACK LEG, :b SHAME COS SHE CAN RUN.THESE THINGS DO HAPPEN UNFORTUNATELY LETS HOPE THAT BEING NEW TO THE SPORT PEOPLE WILLGO OUT OF THEIR WAY TO HELP............KEEP TRIALLING THE DOG.......DONT GIVE IN.... :p

Last edited by a moderator:
WHAT WEIGHT IS SLIPPER THEN COS FROM WHAT I AM READING THE DOG RAN IN TWO DIFFERENT RACE GROUPS OR IS IT THREE????????

pat as already stated slipper weighs 37lb and was entered in the no limit class.the programs if anybody looks were wrote out incorrectly stating 40lbers as no limits and vice verser. when i entered my dog in the consolation i only stated name of my dog and subsequently she was put down in the 40lb class.

:D

i was not calling the people who own this dog .we have all had dogs which need schooling with blinkers or what ever.i also , as oscars pride was the same but we decided not to race him until he was clean with open class dogs

debbie

oh sorry ricky :oops: but i thought some one said it races in the 36lb class.....must have heard wrong... :b

slipper was entered in the 36lb scratch on the bank holiday mon open Ive just checked the programme. It did however not run, as I heard it was because she wasnt very well.

:(

slipper was weighed in ay 36lb because she had lost weight over the weekend

due to having done her stomach muscle and without me knowing before hand

of this matter.After speaking with debbie and finding out she was discreeting blood

in her stools i with drew her.

Well thats where i heard it then?? I hope she is ok ricky.... :oops:

Back