The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

fighters

:clown: :p :( :lol: (w00t) jack n vee ;) getting off topic (w00t) :oops:

oooooooh .....meow scott :p

i go on another forum where writing in cap is banned cos its supposedly offensive (that youre shouting at someone). I also go on another forum where they expect people to use spellcheck before posting as they dont like illiterate posters.

personally who cares :teehee:

MICHELLE DO YOU EVER SLEEP ? :D

BACK TO THE TOPIC, RATHER THAN HAVE A "WELL I THINK IT WAS COS OF THIS" V "ARE YOU ON DRUGS?" TYPE OF SLANGING MATCH THAT PROFITS NOBODY. WHY DON'T PEOPLE OFFER CONSTRUCTIVE ADVICE THAT WILL HELP THE OWNERS OF KESTREL FLYER AND ANYBODY ELSE VIEWING THIS THREAD ?

REGARDS,

SCOTT. 8)

scott.....i only sleep when the white wine has ran out :cheers: .

back onto the topic of fighters now :wacko:

My constructive advice would be to stop taking this dog open racing until it can run clean. The chances of anyone taking any notice are slim to none.

There is a total refusal to admit that this dog has a problem despite numerous public examples of fighting; its barred from Westhoughton and there are now two videos available to view of clear fighting - the NWRF Bend Champs and the 2004 Straight Derby. Despite this those involved are still under some apparent delusion that this dog is OK and persist in running it in opens risking injury to other racers.

"Kestral flyer was certainly out first and had the race won in my opinion had he continued " Dream on! Ricky must be right - there can be no rational explanation for such an opinion. Exactly how many open races has this dog won? That's a rediculous thing to say and it's insulting to those dogs in the race that are proven open winners that can run clean.

It seems clear that those involved will do as they please and are not interested in the opinions of others and refuse to accept that there is a problem. What happens next time it fights at an open?

Firstly-Nowhere in my post did I say that Kestral Flyer wasn't fighting! yes-it did end up that way unfortunately. Nor can I see where anyone else has disputed this.

Secondly-I firmly stand by what I saw, I was alongside him when he came out of the trap and I was fully focused on him alone.

Thirdly-I am sure that the owners HAVE taken on board lots of positive, constructive criticism from those genuine bodies who took the time to help.

An insult to other racers??? No insult at all. This is a competitive sport isn't it?

Karen Boyd

Thanks again Tony Taylor, is this the same person who only last year PM me and asked 'what my problem was' and asked why I insisted on 'having a go at what you wrote'? ooops sorry no it was your partner Michelle! If you have some axe to grind or have some other agenda with me at least have the guts to say so and leave the owners of the dog out of this.

Your post is most unpleasant and rude and anything but constructive but only what I have come to expect from you. May I also correct you on something?-The dog Kestral flyer did not run at the NWRF bend championships-There was only one heat and it was as follows-

Maisy Grey

Minsters Rocket

Gypsy Queen

Pems Lad and Tybound.

Steve Boyd

Steve,

Scott asked for some constructive advice which I feel is correct; To stop taking this dog to opens until it is guarrenteed to run clean. Since this is not your dog exactly how is this "having a go" at you? Unless you have some say in how and where this dog is run this comment is for the dogs owners and really has nothing to do with you.

I didn't PM you since I couldn't care less about your petty digs at me - and this is another example as you don't appear to be critisising anyone else but have singled me out. I have no ulterior motives in my critisism of this dogs fighting in open races and why you would imagine I am doing so for your benefit is anyones guess.

I don't think my post is rude - how exactly is it rude? Are we not allowed to discuss this because you don't like it?

Apologies for my error in stating Kestral Flyer fought at the Bend Champs - it appears it fought at a different open at Askern - it's still on video though.

best way i find to stop dogs turning ect is to feed out of the bag for a week or so then feed out of bag again on a lure, then every time the dog runs take a treat to give once its run ok ;) hope this helps

I ran a dog that fought, I was advised to take him down the cut and shoot him, but I persevered with him. I blinkered him on the left side, then the right side, and then a full blinker, giving him solo runs with interchanging his blinkers and then runs with others dogs, with people who understood the predicament that I had faced. The dog didn’t know if it was breakfast time or a---hole time with the blinkers on but he never went after another dog with them on. This lasted for about 3 months and then the day came that he had to prove his self in an open race, having told the other owners in the race, they were very understanding, I took my dog down to the traps only for one of my own club members to shout to the Federation halfway judge that my dog was an out and out fighter and he should not be allowed to run, considering that this person was not even in the race, it went down well. The halfway judge said that he looked at all dogs not just one, which gave myself a bit of confidence on a nerve-racked day.

The dog ran his race as straight as a die and the heavy cloud of acrimony was lifted, he never looked at another dog in a race but would have a head butt on the rag at the end of a race. It is hard for people who have trained there dog to have a dog fight in a race and not feel upset by this, but it is also hard for those who have done their best to get over this and think that they have done, only for the dog to fight again, it means back to square one and more training. I don’t think anyone would put a dog in a race knowing that it will fight, but these things do happen and I hope that we can all help in someway. The name of my fighter, that was Exspell The Bitch.

Back