The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Cornwood Dog & Ferret Show

Well done with you wins helen especially brindle :thumbsup:

well done poacher :thumbsup:

well done kev and debs with both of your pups :thumbsup:

and congratulations to everyone else who did well :thumbsup:

Huge thanks to Kev and Debs for organising some wonderful hurdling and racing. Would have loved to do the coursing too but just felt it was too much on a hot day for my little Poacher.

Glad I made that decision though because my little star got placed 2nd in the Under 21" Lurcher class, and because the winner was already qualified for the South West Lurcher Championships the qualification passed to Poacher!! So proud of her :wub:

PoacheratCornwood.jpg

She enjoyed some hurdling after the showing, finally losing out in a thrilling run against Kev's Gypsy :blink:

PoacherHurdling2.jpg

And then she went on to win the Under 21" straight racing (w00t)

Here she is being slipped by Shane Palmer (thank you, Shane) in the first heat :thumbsup:

SlippingPoacher.jpg

All in all, a great day with the most beautiful weather which was made even better by the cooling breeze blowing across from the coast!

Well done to all the organisers! See you at the next one :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done Jane - poacher is great bless her and doing soooo well for you :wub:

She is so funny she makes me laugh (w00t)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done Helen, :thumbsup: tie your hair back next time you wally. :lol: you should never take your eye off the lure, :- but i can't talk. :lol: missed loads of slips before. :b di
I know!! didnt i feel like a right twit on the start line.....god knows what poor Sky was thinking, as if it aint bad enough that she now has to try and run with the adults, but i give her a crap slip!! (w00t)

I use to always say Magpie had a handicap when it came to racing, STEVE :lol: he couldn't slip to save his life, god knows how Mags ever won (w00t) thats probably why she was so good at coursing,.........somebody else slipped her. (w00t) di

Well done Helen, :thumbsup: tie your hair back next time you wally. :lol: you should never take your eye off the lure, :- but i can't talk. :lol: missed loads of slips before. :b di
I know!! didnt i feel like a right twit on the start line.....god knows what poor Sky was thinking, as if it aint bad enough that she now has to try and run with the adults, but i give her a crap slip!! (w00t)

I use to always say Magpie had a handicap when it came to racing, STEVE :lol: he couldn't slip to save his life, god knows how Mags ever won (w00t) thats probably why she was so good at coursing,.........somebody else slipped her. (w00t) di
Ha Ha Ha - poor steve!! :p

Im normally ok....it was the fault of the wind! :oops: :rolleyes:

Ha Ha Ha - poor steve!! :p

Im normally ok....it was the fault of the wind! :oops: :rolleyes:

Don't have a curry the night before. (w00t) no curry, no wind, good slip. :lol: :teehee: di

pmsl at Di :-

thanks kev and debs for working so hard as always to put on such well organised events :thumbsup: , everyone had a great time, nice weather and good company,

my terrier dylan got reserve champ in the hurdles and res champ in the coursing the poor dear was so surprised at overtaking the lure he tried to look behind him at full speed and rolled a few times allowing a very game and speedy little jack to go through :blink:

here is a pic of flash with his winnings :)) also i did a show class with him and manged a 2nd which amazed me LOL :teehee:

phone015.jpg

can wait 2 see the videos of them all racing :thumbsup:

josh :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: Well done to all of you winners, sounds like I missed a cracking day, sorry for the delay in responding and congratulating peoples, but took me that long to get over the footie!!

Well done to Kev and Debs, really good looking pups you have there.

Well done to Maria's Rebus, glad to see the family colours still flying - albeit, it is usually Rebus doing the flag flying, not Zante!!

BIG WELL done to everyone, see you soon

Sarah

here is a pic of flash with his winnings :)) also i did a show class with him and manged a 2nd which amazed me LOL :teehee:
phone015.jpg

can wait 2 see the videos of them all racing :thumbsup:

I was going to upload my photos and vids last night but photobucket was playing up :angry: so i will do it tonight hopefully! :thumbsup:

We had a great day. Maisie got 3rd in best puppy bitch, and 3rd in working condition. And i'm chuffed cos my special man oli got 3rd in smotth dog over 23" which i'm really chuffed with cos he has come on such a long way :) And with both dogs being rescued or rehomed in maisies case i really am chuffed. We had a go at the racing and coursing, but being true to form oli wouldn't chase the lure cos there was too much going on and he is a saluki x. (i'll use any excuse :- )

We had a great day. Maisie got 3rd in best puppy bitch, and 3rd in working condition. And i'm chuffed cos my special man oli got 3rd in smotth dog over 23" which i'm really chuffed with cos he has come on such a long way :) And with both dogs being rescued or rehomed in maisies case i really am chuffed. We had a go at the racing and coursing, but being true to form oli wouldn't chase the lure cos there was too much going on and he is a saluki x. (i'll use any excuse :- )
You should be Proud of them, they are doing great :thumbsup:

Here are some pictures as promised!! :thumbsup:

The Campsite Saturday evening - food was great!

IMG_3567.jpg

Brindle waiting for the bbq to fall over with all the food on it!! :teehee:

IMG_3565.jpg

Josh with Flash and Sky - they look very much alike and at times it was hard to tell them apart in the back of the car!!

IMG_3568.jpg

IMG_3572.jpg

IMG_3573.jpg

Deerhound that ran in the coursing

IMG_3577.jpg

The Coursing:

Bow and Oli

IMG_3579.jpg

IMG_3583.jpg

IMG_3582.jpg

Brindle feeling fit and raring to go bless him

IMG_3594.jpg

Brindle and Dax

IMG_3600.jpg

IMG_3603.jpg

IMG_3606.jpg

Sky and Ti

IMG_3634.jpg

IMG_3638.jpg

brilliant pics hels! Awwwwwww thanks :wub: i do dearly love my lil lurchers :wub: Still can't beleive how great your dogs did! Wow! :thumbsup:

Brindle and Fleet

IMG_3651.jpg

IMG_3659.jpg

IMG_3674.jpg

Brindle and (I think she was called) Whippy - it was the 1st time coursing for her and she was really good and went on to be Champion :thumbsup:

IMG_3726.jpg

Sky and Whippy in the Final - i do hope i got her name right :geek:

IMG_3813.jpg

IMG_3815.jpg

IMG_3849-1.jpg

Belle on the start of the Terrier Coursing

IMG_3857-1.jpg

IMG_3861-1.jpg

And then catching the Lure....Which she did Twice! :wacko:

IMG_3891-1.jpg

Great pictures Helen, :thumbsup: i see what you mean about Sky and Flash, :blink: I can't tell them a part... :eek: di

great pics helen :thumbsup: flash and sky look alike in some ways but in others totally different . (hes got red bits on his face )

i know copper's owners took videos so they shall be great when they r on :thumbsup:

thanks every1

There are more pictures to come and some videos but my stupid internet went down last night so couldnt finish them off!! :angry:

I have bought my laptop to work so i will try to get them done at lunch time :thumbsup:

Back