The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Buffy's Babies

:sweating:

Hi all, well , jags are done, good news and not so good news, Vet said Codie was a real gem, he dont see many Whippets but he said Codie was a belter.

He had his jag, let out a little yelp, then was fine.

Vet gave him a really good check over, and said he was in really good health, BUT !!! he has only one SLIGHT worry, and he did say it was only a slight worry because of his age, but when he did check him over, he noticed that only 1 of his testicles was where it should be, if in 2 weeks when he goes for his 2nd jags and his microchip, it is there then everything is ok, but if it is not then there may be a chance that :wub: Codie :wub: will need an operation to remove it, :(

He said that it will not be a problem to him at the mo if it does not drop, but it could be in later life, so he will need to moniter it.

Am I worried ,,,DAMN RIGHT I am !!!! but I believe I should not be , this is common in pups his age, but cant help myself, he is so perfect now. But I will keep you all informed.

Darren & Chloe were with us in the vet, and the yelp got him really worried, so after Chloe said goodnight,,,

you_good_boy.jpg

Darren sat with Codie to make sure he was OK, then they both fell asleep!!!!!

:wub: :wub: :wub:

i__ll_make_sure_you_are_ok.jpg

I know,,,sweet eh, but just so you all know I've had an hour of getting ripped to shreds, playing with Codie, and he is now sparkled , its 11:50 and here he is now ,,,,,

View attachment 11592

:wub: :huggles: :wub: :huggles: :wub:

Does not look fased does he . :D

I will update you tomoz, nite nite. :cheers:

(w00t) [SIZE=12pt]WARNING!: This is a ridiculously long post!!![/SIZE] (w00t)​

Hi! I'm sorry I haven't got round to posting about Byron until now, but the trip to Creiff and back on Saturday really knocked me for six, plus I seem to spend most of my time looking after a little blue monster!...... :devil:

Anyway, Byron was so well behaved on the long journey back to his new home- no pees, poos or sick at all! He was nervous to start with, and kept trying to climb on Jo (Frodsham), who was driving, which was a bit hair-raising! After about half an hour or so, he fell asleep, and that was how he stayed for the next 4 hours or so. (thank heavens!) o:)

When we reached home, he went out into the back garden, and was introduced to Daisy and Clara, (who were kept on leads.) To be honest, they were fairly uninterested, so we got him inside and showed him where everything was, and where he would be sleeping. (All three whippets now sleep in my bedroom- I would have preferred to have the beds in the kitchen, but Daisy and Clara have slept in my room since the beginning, so I didn't feel I should keep Byron separate from everyone else.)

The first night was unexpectedly quiet and calm for most of the time- Byron slept all night, and only had one poo, which I thought wasn't bad for such a young puppy on his first night. However, there was one problem- Byron had a full blown seizure (!) (about 2 minutes of being rigid, unconscious and having severe convulsions, followed by another couple of minutes unconscious, floppy with eyes rolled back in his head, before suddenly rousing and looking bewildered.) He had another identical seizure on Monday night too, so when we go to the vet for his jabs on Friday, we're going to see what he thinks is causing the fits. As long as the seizures don't have a major impact on his health or wellbeing, I'm not too worried. My first dog (a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel) was diabetic for 6 years and needed insulin injections every day, so if Byron needs tablets or whatever, it's no big deal!

Daisy is getting on well with Byron; in fact she seems to be taking on the role of mother, looking after him, cleaning him after he's had a pee, and that sort of thing. Unfortunately, Byron keeps trying to suckle from Daisy, and she really doesn't like it- mainly because he has razor sharp teeth, and she has been neutered, and also hasn't got the necessary "equipment"! When Byron gets too boistrous, or tries biting ears, tails etc, Daisy puts him in his place- the only time she went a little bit too far was when Byron stole a biscuit that Daisy had in her mouth, and Daisy responded a bit too aggressively, which scared Byron. Mind you, when Daisy realised that she'd scared him, and that Byron was upset, she followed him like a shadow and was so upset- she and him ended up curled together asleep.

Clara is finding life with a new puppy quite tough. Clara isn't feeling very well at the moment, and just wants to be left alone- which, of course, Byron doesn't understand. In fact, because he so desperately wants to make friends with her, he's getting even more boistrous in trying to get her attention, and Clara's getting more annoyed and grumpy! I think the main problem with Clara is that she's been used to just herself and Daisy as the only dogs, and now not only is there another dog on the scene, but her sister Daisy is now starting to spend more time with Byron than she is with Clara. Anyway, it's early days yet, and Byron's only been in his new home for four full days, so I'm hoping Byron will start to be a little less excitable around Clara, and that both Daisy and Clara begin to accept that Byron is here to stay!

Byron's actually been "helping" me to write this post, which means it's taken twice as long as normal, as I keep having to delete random letters that he has "typed" for me! :oops:

(Is anyone still reading, or have I bored everyone to sleep with this post?!!) -_-

Sorry about the length everyone!!! :b

Photo of Byron sleeping- (most photos I've taken are of him sleeping, as he never stays still when he's awake!)

ByronWithHeartWeb.jpg

Im glad Byron has settled so well, they do give the older dog's a hard time eh,,,, (w00t) . I can't help with the seizure as I have never seen a dog having one before. Has the vet said what may be causing them????. I think,,,, ILKC,,,,may be able to help here :D Hope he is all better very, very soon.

Gavo, it's quite comen for whippet's to have only one :- " , Robbie had 2 when he was 6 week's old, on his first and second trip's to the vet, one hid :blink: . I think the vet thought I could not count but he has 2 good size bit's now. Tam has 2 just now, and they look like they are staying down :) . I have know boy whippet's to have none :eek: , I had one like that (JED) and he was fine. Does Codie have one up and one down or has he only one. God 8.23am and Im talking about BITS :b :b .

Rosalind, sorry to hear Byron had another fit, its a mystery to me, please let me know when you get him back from the vets. And as for little 'hitler' Codie !!, give him time, why not both post new topics asking about it, Im sure you'd get lots of good advice and dont forget I will gladly have them back anytime !!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

rosalind,sorry to hear about the fit-we will cross our fingers for you-please keep us informed of any news.

i love the photo of him asleep-look at his face-he looks like he has mischevious thoughts on his mind!-i think he looks like he is about to burst out in a fit of laughter :teehee: .

nic pics jill-but i think tank looks even bigger in this pic than he did in the last one!

good luck everyone.

:huggles:

Hi Rosalind, sorry to hear about Byron, but I have actualy heard of something like this before, a long time ago a friend of mine went down south to get a pup, 2 days after he got home the pup had a seizure, only lasted a few mins, the next day it had another, so he took it to the vet, he was told to monitor it for a few days, as it could just be from the shock of the move, my mate was a bit unsure but agreed, the dog did have one more seizure then nothing, he is still with him, 12 yrs old I think now.

Keep us informed, our fingers are crossed for you.

:luck: :luck: :luck:

Forgot to tell you all, Codie weighed in at 2.7kg, little eating monster.

2.7kg-has he eaten one of the kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-p.s. sorry to hear about the wee mans nuts :- " hopefully it will have sorted itself out by the time you take him back to the vet.

with a bit of luck it will just be the stress of the long travel and new surroundings that have set byron off-hope its just a case of too much stress/excitment all at once-i just hope i dont suffer the same problem when we get tank home-i mean me having a fit with getting too stressed /excited not tank (w00t) .

hope all the probs turn out to be something and nothing-lets all think positive until we know different :thumbsup:

:cheers: Dougie.

Gavo - sorry to hear about Cody, hopefully it will drop.

Rosalind - sorry to hear about Byron, but hopefully it will pass.

and Mtotos - I can understand how you feel, but watch the blood pressure son!!

8 Week old photo (w00t) ,,hasnt time flew bye :teehee:

Playing with Ricky

8weeksold.jpg

Running up the garden (w00t)

8weeksold4.jpg

Running back down again :eek:

8weeksold5.jpg

Tam is now sleeping, so I might get a coffee in peace :- " :- " :thumbsup:

susan youve certainly got wee tam into training early enough- :- " -he looks a natural bornkiller-i mean racer!

I took Toby to the vets today for his first innoculation, and he is a screamer !!!,

She checked him over and he is fine, when I asked her about testicles she said she felt one but said he is so young that its nothing to worry about at all, so dont panic Gavin !!! Hes been fine since we got back from the vets, and I got lots of oohs and aaahs by passers by saying what a lovely puppy !!! :wub: :wub:

Have to say just looked back over the topic and pictures and what a beautiful healthy litter they all are.

well done the breeders

Poor Toby :( . I know Tam just might bite the vet :- " , he getting more wilder by the hour :blink: . Tank had 2 the last time I checked him :wacko: . Tam still has both his down :)

I never checked Toby or the blue boy's :- " :oops: , just the 2 white boy's.

I thought I'd post a few more photos of little Byron......

Here's Byron having fun with his toys :wub:

ByronPlayingWithToys6March05.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What a gorgeous boy :wub: He looks happy, and his usual confident self !!!!!!

Good luck at the vets tomorrow, hope he is a bit braver than his little brother Toby !!!!

Another photo- yes, it's another pic of Byron asleep! -_- (Puppies, eh? They're too lively for taking photos most of the time, so I've ended up with loads of "sleep" shots!)

I think he looks soooo gorgeous in this photo! :wub: (Don't ask me why I decided to photograph his nose!!)

View attachment 11620

Back