The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Woody Facing Major

JAX

Registered
Reaction score
Woody is facing major surgery next week to his neck and spinal cord (w00t) Hes been a bit wobbly on his legs for a short time and we ( me and vet ) hoped it was arthritis ( although hes not 11 till Jan his mum died young from back problems :( He picked up when given PLT tablets , but last weekend he was really wobbly on all four legs and fell down the bottom half of the stairs (w00t) , He is feeling no pain at all , just has difficulty standing and walking , he can still manage to get on the chairs and settee fortunately ;) Hes still eating well and demanding extra sweeties off his dad :huggles:

Any how I took him to a top orthopedic vet who took x rays and put dye down his spinal cord and he has type 2 prolapse of the 6-7 vertebrae .

As Ive said hes in no pain whatsoever :luck: but were I not to let him have this op. he would very soon be quadriplegic :eek: :( . The out look is a good as can be and I was more than relived he hadn't got a tumour as we all thought .

In all his 10 years here, he has cost me nothing , but given unconditional love as do all whippets . Ive attached a copy of his xray for you to see if you can spot the prolapse :wacko:

Hes going in next Tuesday for his op . ( but I havnt told him yet )

Poor Woody, thinking of him ( and you) and hoping for a great outcome and many more years of fun and pleasure with your boy. :huggles: :luck: :huggles:

Poor Woody, I will be thinking of you both next Tuesday :luck: :luck: :luck:

Poor Woody, he deserves the best chance so here's hoping his op is a success and he can give and receive many more years of love :luck: :luck: :huggles:

Ooh ouch poor Woody - been there done that. Had a massive prolapse myself a few years back and had the surgery.

Sending lots of hugs your way and you'll feel MUCH better Mr Woody when it's all over.

Wendy

poor you and poor woody :(

at least the outcome looks good and hopefully all will be back to normal soon :)

good luck for tuesday :luck: :huggles: :luck:

Poor Woody :(

Good Luck for Tuesday :luck: :luck: :huggles:

aww poor woody,bless him,hope he sails through his surgery and he can enjoy life to the full again.

good luck to all :luck: :luck: :luck:

:huggles: Sorry to hear about Woody Jax, i will be keeping my fingers crossed for him, he's a lovely boy :luck:

Also had the op 10 years ago. Was in agony for quite a long time before I had it and still have weakness in one leg as the op wasn't done soon enough. Glad Woody is in no pain, but sure he will be 100% again after he's had it. Good luck :luck:

:luck: for Woody.

Cant spot it on the x-ray, put us out of our misery please! :b

:luck: and :huggles: to both of you

Poor Woody - Lots of luck and well wishes to him on Tuesday :luck:

Poor poor Woody and you. Is the prolapse where the vertebrae overlap rather than have a gap between them.

untitled.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Go along what looks like a long sausage ( thats his spinal cord ) If you look to the left of the x ray just before the shoulder blade ( where its brighter) you will see there is a break in the sausage , that is where his discs are pressing and stopping the flow of feeling down his body :(

OEH said:
Poor poor Woody and you.  Is the prolapse where the vertebrae overlap rather than have a gap between them.
untitled.jpg

Youve got it 8) , its the one on the far left , can you see the `break ?

Oh poor Woody! :eek: Fingers crossed for his op :luck: :luck: :luck: and lots of :huggles: :huggles: :huggles: for you!

poor woody hope everything goes well on tuesday we will bethinking of you both :luck:

thinking of you both , good luck woody! :huggles: :luck:

Back