The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Whippetx Poodles-any Pics

Finleyfoofoo

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

Our friend has just had a litter of Whippetxpoodles.The dad was an Apricot,the mum,a cousin of my Finn,is tan and White.The pups were born last Sunday,all jet black!!They are gorgeous looking,very strong.I have seen a PoodlexGreyhound,which looked just like a beddy whippet.We are trying to find out if anybody else has one,and if so,what they look like.

He is hoping to keep one himself,but waiting to see which one stands out to him.We were going to have one,but could,nt resist our Pup,Cracker,and the house is now well and truely full!!

Some pics to follow,just waiting for the eyes to open,then i will post them,as they have no pc.

Amandax

what are they used too catch? and what is the purpose of the poodle being introduced into the lurcher lines?

kelly085 said:
what are they used too catch? and what is the purpose of the poodle being introduced into the lurcher lines?
Poodles are traditional hunting dogs,therefore,should be ideal to both chase and retrieve.He feels it will make an ideal rabbiting dog.I have stated they are not mine,so i don,t want loads of folk questioning my motives :oops:

Amandax

HURRY UP WITH THE PICS, I BET THEY ARE GORGEOUS ,I KNOW EACH TO THERE OWN BUT I AM A GREAT FAN OF THE CROSS BREED AND IM SURE THESE WILL BE LITTLE STUNNERS :wub: :wub: :wub:

Id love to see pics. It is an odd choice of cross though, poodles were indeed gundogs, being used for water retrieves (hence the cut which most find comical, coat left on to keep the vital organs warm, the rest being shaved). Im not questioning the motives of the cross, it just strikes me as odd in a working sense. To add what quality to the mix?

Maybe the breeder doesn't actually want to work them - and lets face it anything crossed with a whippet has to be special :wub:

look forward to seeing the pics of them especially if we can have updates as the one they are keeping grows up :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
June Jonigk said:
Maybe the breeder doesn't actually want to work them - and lets face it anything crossed with a whippet has to be special :wub:
your right there june :thumbsup:

i've had poodles for the last 15 years the are wonderful dogs mine have a huge prey drive but mostly for sheep :oops: wonder what clip they will have because poodle hair keeps growing and growing :wacko: :wacko:

friends of mine have a standard pooble cross whippet greyhound, but to anyone that doesn't know his breeding you would think he a beardie cross he's black and has a two inch coat which is not as thick as a poodles and doesn't require clipping, he is a lovely dog but has a strong stubborn streak and can be head strong when the mood takes him

Whippydoodles sounds a good name :lol: Come on Amanda hurry up with the pics

As someone who has whippets and a poodle I think a whippydoodle would be a brilliant cross :D

Hula said:
As someone who has whippets and a poodle I think  a whippydoodle would be a brilliant cross  :D
Thats interesting,i am sure you know the different trates.The mum has a lovely,gentle nature,as did the poodle,so it is just a waiting game now.

Amandax

sue burton said:
i've had poodles for the last 15 years the are wonderful dogs mine have a huge prey drive but mostly for sheep :oops: wonder what clip they will have because poodle hair keeps growing and growing  :wacko:   :wacko:
Hi Sue,

Thats an interesting point.Both the prey drive and the fur.I think it would depend what time of year with the cut.I have seen shaved standard poodles,and the have an amazing build,not disimilar to a Greyhound.

Amandax

finleyfoofoo said:
sue burton said:
i've had poodles for the last 15 years the are wonderful dogs mine have a huge prey drive but mostly for sheep :oops: wonder what clip they will have because poodle hair keeps growing and growing  :wacko:   :wacko:
Hi Sue,

Thats an interesting point.Both the prey drive and the fur.I think it would depend what time of year with the cut.I have seen shaved standard poodles,and the have an amazing build,not disimilar to a Greyhound.

Amandax

mine in their youth and even now are very slender and incredibly fast and look amazing with just top knots and tail pompoms :*

Hi,

As promised,a picture of the Whippypoos with their mum,Tara.They are 3 weeks old tomorrow

Last edited by a moderator:
finleyfoofoo said:
Hi,As promised,a picture of the Whippypoos with their mum,Tara.They are 3 weeks old tomorrow

Amanda they are gorgeous :wub: :wub: such lovely shiny coats :huggles:

They are gorgeous and so is their Mum :wub:

Back