The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Whippet Racing...

milly said:
Talking of postmen/women, im stuck on a crossword its worth £50 the clue is a postmans round. anyone got any ideas ? (w00t)

is that a cryptic or ordinary clue? how many letters?

my sacks is always full (w00t) (w00t) (w00t) (w00t) (w00t) :p

:D 152631294.jpg

I live in Andover (Near southampton), my grandad is in the process of selling his one bedroom flat for £120'000, the bathroom isnt even big enough to put a bath in! I know of a friend in andover renting a one bed flat that is tiny for £600 a month you can get a 3 bedroom house for that in some places! Its just luck of the draw what property prices are like in your area and if you have nice areas that are affordable to live in.

I have as much chance of getting on the property ladder as winning the lotery and i dont play it lol

jade scott said:
I live in Andover (Near southampton), my grandad is in the process of selling his one bedroom flat for £120'000, the bathroom isnt even big enough to put a bath in! I know of a friend in andover renting a one bed flat that is tiny for £600 a month you can get a 3 bedroom house for that in some places! Its just luck of the draw what property prices are like in your area and if you have nice areas that are affordable to live in.
I have as much chance of getting on the property ladder as winning the lotery and i dont play it lol

I feel sorry for you Jade, we thought we had it hard in the 80's but now the average age for buying a property has gone up to mid thirties. Start saving now :thumbsup:

A postmans round is a 'walk' in reply to the earlier enquiry..

And on Friday I used a stepometer and when returning home from work I'd walked 13 miles...no wonder I get irritable...

Well off topic now....

take the dogs with ya paul theyd be well fit :D

RealMadYid said:
A postmans round is a 'walk' in reply to the earlier enquiry..
And on Friday I used a stepometer and when returning home from work I'd walked 13 miles...no wonder I get irritable...

Well off topic now....

When I started work at Oxcroft colliery,( a drift mine )in 1964 ,as a pony driver I used to walk 4 miles from the surface to my place of work, then work my balls off 5 hours!! :sweating: No wonder I'm getting irritable reading your post (w00t)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank God my parents moved back to Ireland 25 years ago ! I don`t know what I would be doing in the UK if they had stayed.

I bought a one and a half acre site in 1988 for two and a half thousand pounds. Built some kennels and paddocks and then built a lovely house for another 50k. I was lucky to buy the 11 acres next to me 4 years ago for €40,000 and then spent another 150k setting up the rearing farm.

In them few years, prices have shot up over here. The original site would now cost 70k to buy, the house is worth around 250k and the 11 acres is worth about 100k.

I don`t know what my 2 young boys will do when they grow up and want to get on the property ladder. Prices for houses and land over here have gone crazy ! Ten years ago many English folk moved over here and bought houses with a few acres for small money. Not anymore !

Only downside is there is no Whippet Racing, but there is plenty of Greyhound Racing !

Martin Tucker said:
Thank God my parents moved back to Ireland 25 years ago ! I don`t know what I would be doing in the UK if they had stayed.
I bought a one and a half acre site in 1988 for two and a half thousand pounds. Built some kennels and paddocks and then built a lovely house for another 50k. I was lucky to buy the 11 acres next to me 4 years ago for €40,000 and then spent another 150k setting up the rearing farm.

In them few years, prices have shot up over here.  The original site would now cost 70k to buy, the house is worth around 250k and the 11 acres is worth about 100k.

I don`t know what my 2 young boys will do when they grow up and want to get on the property ladder. Prices for houses and land over here have gone crazy ! Ten years ago many English folk moved over here and bought houses with a few acres for small money. Not anymore !

Only downside is there is no Whippet Racing, but there is plenty of Greyhound Racing !

good on u m8 :thumbsup:

Back