The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Whippet Racing...

Yeah Lesley were agreeing and you've hit the nail on the head about house prices being ridiculous.

Thankfully for me I'm just awaiting financial settlement as part of my divorce and because of the rocketing house prices, I'll probably buy a luxury winnebago for me and the whips!!!! :teehee:

Oh Joanna you can't beat being soaking wet sat in a diesel van with the heater blasting a hot mug of tea and a bacon butty with dog-track bacon listening to the rain pounding down!! :D Bliss!!

Last edited by a moderator:
cor a tranny van with fitted dog cages in the back :wub: ...or even better a VITO :wub: :wub:

and one of those little canopies you can pull out so you can sit out with chairs on sunny days :wub:

:lol: How sad are we??!! :teehee:

The answer is, if you can't afford to go for the weekend just go for the day and run your dog if they are in with a chance as racer used to years ago.

Paul you can walk to Thurrock racing club in 10 minutes and run your dogs how many racers can do that, nobody else who racers at Thurrock can that must be a terrific asset surely, and you know full well how good your friends at the club have been in giving lifts to race meetings in the past, as long as the Championships are not out of members reach their is not much the main bodies can do about it.

See you Sunday

Sheila

wild whippies said:
Yeah Lesley were agreeing and you've hit the nail on the head about house prices being ridiculous.Thankfully for me I'm just awaiting financial settlement as part of my divorce and because of the rocketing house prices, I'll probably buy a luxury winnebago for me and the whips!!!! :teehee:

Oh Joanna you can't beat being soaking wet sat in a diesel van with the heater blasting a hot mug of tea and a bacon butty with dog-track bacon listening to the rain pounding down!! :D Bliss!!

i thought we were going sharesies on a villa in france? 8)

LOL One things for sure whippet racing for me certainly be more expensive if I emmigrated!! :lol:

Joanna said:
masta said:
wild whippies said:
Oh I know where your coming from Lesley, I'm just commenting that the way house market prices are going, people starting out on the property ladder just don't have a choice anymore, and that even obtaining ex council property can be hard to get these days financially. :thumbsup:
Jac

im 46 and bought my 1st house at 18 and i didnt have a choice then it will always be hard for 1st timers the trouble is kids want choice now i have 2 kids 21 and 19 both looking for houses and all i hear is "not big enough" or dont like area

With respect, I bought at the age of 21 in the height of the price rises in the late 1980's, we could just about squeak a mortgage then. I think it is almost impossible for young people to have an income that will allow them a mortgage to cover even the cheapest of properties in a half decent area now. The only difference is, our interest rate went up to 15 % in 89, they are lower now. Would you want your kids living in an area with junkies and riots? I wouldn't.

Going back to North South divide. There are expensive and cheaper areas in both, it's all about priorities. Some people save all year for a package holiday abroad, or a new car, others aspire to a transit van with fitted dog cages so they can stand about in the freezing cold and peeing down rain to run their dogs............Choices. :wacko:

I think racing could be very expensive if you want to run loads of dogs. I would be more concerned about the feeding, vet bills, insurance for a large number of hounds combined with your travel and accomodation, it would be pricey wherever you live ;)

what is it with this site i never mentioned junkies or riots or that i would want my kids there i said that young people today expect choice that it is a given and they find it very hard to compromise

masta said:
Joanna said:
masta said:
wild whippies said:
Oh I know where your coming from Lesley, I'm just commenting that the way house market prices are going, people starting out on the property ladder just don't have a choice anymore, and that even obtaining ex council property can be hard to get these days financially. :thumbsup:
Jac

im 46 and bought my 1st house at 18 and i didnt have a choice then it will always be hard for 1st timers the trouble is kids want choice now i have 2 kids 21 and 19 both looking for houses and all i hear is "not big enough" or dont like area

With respect, I bought at the age of 21 in the height of the price rises in the late 1980's, we could just about squeak a mortgage then. I think it is almost impossible for young people to have an income that will allow them a mortgage to cover even the cheapest of properties in a half decent area now. The only difference is, our interest rate went up to 15 % in 89, they are lower now. Would you want your kids living in an area with junkies and riots? I wouldn't.

Going back to North South divide. There are expensive and cheaper areas in both, it's all about priorities. Some people save all year for a package holiday abroad, or a new car, others aspire to a transit van with fitted dog cages so they can stand about in the freezing cold and peeing down rain to run their dogs............Choices. :wacko:

I think racing could be very expensive if you want to run loads of dogs. I would be more concerned about the feeding, vet bills, insurance for a large number of hounds combined with your travel and accomodation, it would be pricey wherever you live ;)

what is it with this site i never mentioned junkies or riots or that i would want my kids there i said that young people today expect choice that it is a given and they find it very hard to compromise

My post about junkies and riots wasn't for you Patrick :D I know from your neighbours that house prices have slumped in your area anyway since you moved in :p without them :teehee: .

I think kids expectations can be too high, after all they get used to a way of life with their parents and to be fair don't always realise that they started at the bottom and worked up before they got there :sweating:

And this day and age doesn't help either because it's all luxury apartments and stuff these days at luxury prices(builders cashing in) but to be fair most of the salaries don't accounts for the cost of living anyway, with poll tax and fuel prices being so high,especially if a young person want to live alone :eek:

:) nowt wrong with ex council houses did ours up great (w00t) :) and im only a poor plasterer fromthe north :thumbsup: hawa the lads :thumbsup: View attachment 34978

this is the front room and back gates love our council :)) any one visiting please go to reception or you will be attacked by 6 whippys especialy southern postmen :D :D hu hu hu 8)

1632014145.jpg

View attachment 34980

mutley said:
:) nowt wrong with ex council houses did ours up great  (w00t)   :) and im only a poor plasterer fromthe north :thumbsup: hawa the lads :thumbsup:

No such thing as a poor plasterer :- "

Plasterer or plastered?? :- "

So Mutley, you gona loan us your backgarden for next years champs? :D

yer mutley i would love to come and sun bathe in ur bak garden and get attaked by 6 whippets lmao :lol: i know ur whippets they love me :wub: i havnt seen them in ages though :( love sun bathing in ur 500 yard bye 500 yard garden ;)

lv kate :wub:

hi iam a northen postman from newcastle & these are my kenels :thumbsup: and my aqua swim for my whippets

88.jpg

yehhh...i suppose theyre doggy deck chairs around the pool too (w00t) (w00t)

think youve been on doggy sangria matey !

Talking of postmen/women, im stuck on a crossword its worth £50 the clue is a postmans round. anyone got any ideas ? (w00t)

Back