The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Whippet Photographer Of The Year?

emw

Registered
Reaction score
The Kennel Club is running a "Dog Photographer of the Year" competition. The details are here.

There are four catagories:

- Dogs at Work

- Dogs at Play

- Dog Portrait

- Man’s Best Friend

It costs £7.50 to enter and the prize is a hugely generous ....

... wait for it ....

... The winning photograph from the competition will be framed and displayed within the Kennel Club Art Gallery in Mayfair alongside the other finalists’ images throughout December. The image will also be used on the front cover of the Kennel Club’s flagship publication, the Kennel Gazette and displayed at Crufts 2006.

Great - they get to use your photo for free and you pay them for the priviledge! (w00t)

Anyway - I was wondering if there was any way we could run a "Whippet Photographer of the Year" competition on k9. We could set a time period over which we entered our photos and then we could have a sort of modified Poll over a set period of time to vote for the winners. The prize could be .... getting displayed at the top of the forum for a while - or maybe just the glory of knowing we'd won! We could even have a small entrance fee voluntary donation to k9.

Categories, possibly ...

- Racing coursing

- Working

- Showing

- Portraits

- Funny

Maybe we shouldn't just restrict it to whippets.

Well, what do you think? Silly idea? And Nigel - could it happen???? :teehee:

What a good idea :thumbsup:

I for one enjoy looking at all the photos on this site :thumbsup:

I say [SIZE=14pt]GO FOR IT :thumbsup: :p :thumbsup: [/SIZE]

Julie

I think it's a great idea too, I'd love to have a bash, even though my photography skills are pretty lame lol.

Great idea, my camara skills leave alot to b desired too but hey wat the hell. :D :D

:thumbsup: I'm all for it. This way we will get to see even more pictures on k9.

emw said:
Anyway - I was wondering if there was any way we could run a "Whippet Photographer of the Year" competition on k9. 
I think this is a good idea.

I'm looking to add some software to K9 that could possibly help with this - but it's a few weeks away yet....

Great idea - there are some fantastic photos on K9 :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Great idea! :thumbsup: I'm all for an entrance fee. Fun and for a worthy cause at the same time!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nigel said:
I'm looking to add some software to K9 that could possibly help with this - but it's a few weeks away yet....

Excellent! I'll get snapping! :D

Nigel said:
emw said:
Anyway - I was wondering if there was any way we could run a "Whippet Photographer of the Year" competition on k9. 

Thats good it will give me time to get practicing.I need it :b :- "

Well I'm not one for taking pics as you all know :- " but I could make a special effort for that :D

We did one on the horse forum I am on.

Winners got emailed pics of rossettes with the entry details photoshopped onto them... hehe.

When I get my little whippet, I'd be up for entering.. I'm very photo happy when I get a camera in my hands.

As an aside here, if anyone wants any pics taken of their hounds then I'd go no further than Richard Lindley (he's new to the forum, joined a couple of days ago, user name 'richardthesane' )

Check out some of his hound pics here:

http://www.pbase.com/richardthesane/white_lodge_longdogs

of some of the White Lodge rescues (one of the rescues I have contact with) ;)

I'd certainly join in the competition on K9, my efforts aren't worthy of the Kennel Club one though!

:D

Hi There,

Just had a quick look at Richards website and i must say they are brilliant photo's. The few i looked at in closer detail(very late in Australia) seem to catch the personality of the hounds.

Debra :D :thumbsup:

Back