Whippet Photographer Of The Year?

emw said:
Categories, possibly ...
- Racing coursing

- Working

- Showing

- Portraits

- Funny

Maybe we shouldn't just restrict it to whippets.

Well, what do you think?  Silly idea?  And Nigel - could it happen???? :teehee:

Well, I've been testing photo gallery software which should make it easier to run a photo competition and I think this is ON.

First I need to confirm what categories we should have? There has already been a suggestion from emw. I think those are about right - my thoughts were:

Sporting (racing, coursing etc)

Showing

Portrait

Funny

Lanscapes

Open (anything that doesn't fit into a category)

I don't think any of the categories should be limited just to Whippets - all photographs just need a dog in them :D

I'll load the gallery software in about a weeks time and officially open the competition. The gallery software will be free to use for the first few weeks and for the duration of the competition but after that the intention is to allow only limited access unless a subscription is purchased.

A small subscription charge of say £7.50/year will give full access to the gallery software, allow you to have your own private or public photo album on-site and allow unlimited viewing. It's hoped that that will generate the small but steady income needed to allow the rest of K9 remain free and grow.

The winners of each group will get a years free subscription to the gallery. Also, to thank all those who have kindly donated to K9 over the past few weeks they will also get a years free subscription 8)

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent idea!!!

I'm all for it! And for a worthy cause too!

:cheers:

Phoenyx said:
As an aside here, if anyone wants any pics taken of their hounds then I'd go no further than Richard Lindley (he's new to the forum, joined a couple of days ago, user name 'richardthesane' )Check out some of his hound pics here:

http://www.pbase.com/richardthesane/white_lodge_longdogs

of some of the White Lodge rescues (one of the rescues I have contact with)  ;)

I'd certainly join in the competition on K9, my efforts aren't worthy of the Kennel Club one though!

:D

my other half can draw dogs a dream so if anyone gets a good pik they would like drawing then let me know ,, very reasonable rates too ,, top quality work , heres one he did of mine .

Back