The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Westhoughton!!!

I've wanted to see something like this ever since I started running at Wessy. I can think of a few EP big'un's that would definately hold their own in a dash! :thumbsup:

only just seen this topic :wacko: brill pic's jac and by the wsound off it very good news for the track :thumbsup:

Another good turnout again today with people starting to get their dogs back into the swing of things ready for the upcoming opens.

Track was still running slow, everyone had a couple of runs.

Mule Skinner Sc - 15.84

Just Paddy Sc

Mr Dillon Sc

Little Big Man Sc - 16.28

Megapixel Sc - 16.41

Red Moon Rising 2

Benson Sc - 16.00

Jenny Taylor 5

Salukis

Sulten, Soraya, Shereef - 17.84

Rapskallion 16.38

Little Flyer 17.09

Mad Jack 16.53

The Black Pearl 15.47

Meg 16.53

Anagram 16.03

Moonbound 16.35

Teddy 16.18

Ceri ghd n/t

She's a Flyer, Make it Four, Tall n Tiny, Short n Curly & U Choose, Darcie, Richie, Maizie, Stormy Norm, Storm in a Teacup, Cleo & Tilly all had handslips.

7 Peds sorted races amongst themselves

Maid your Point, Mo Chara, Maid u Luck & Mo Carlin just had gallops down the home straight.

Club regular George Meekin celebrated his 65th Birthday today but didn't attend so we all scoffed his Birthday Cake after racing (w00t) Happy Birthday George, hope you had a good day.

Racing on as normal next week for those not going to Highgate.

On Sunday 6th Feb we'll be running what should have been our Christmas Handicap, no set weight classes, dogs to run yd/lb against others of similar weight/size, also classes for Scratch, Pedigrees & Lurchers with goody bags for the winners - all pre entry before Saturday 5th so programmes can be made up.

Happy Birthday George! :cheers:

If it's any consolation, Robyn and Ruby made a wish for you when they blew your candles out! :thumbsup:

Boat House will be complaining their tills down this week!! (w00t)

Great day at Wessy, all the dogs are coming along a treat for their owners. Keep up the good work, see you next week! :thumbsup:

180450_10150130009448627_716753626_7785947_5440019_n.jpg

Great day at Wessy good crowd, happy birthday George lots of people enjoyed your cake :p

On Sunday 6th Feb we'll be running what should have been our Christmas Handicap, no set weight classes, dogs to run yd/lb against others of similar weight/size, also classes for Scratch, Pedigrees & Lurchers with goody bags for the winners - all pre entry before Saturday 5th so programmes can be made up.
Will there still be trials this week ? Even for "experienced" bend dogs ?

If anyone from over here wants to share transport let me know :thumbsup:

Will there still be trials this week ? Even for "experienced" bend dogs ?

If anyone from over here wants to share transport let me know :thumbsup:
Yeh, there'll still be trials.

good to see mule skinner back out ,hope he came off ok also craigs rapskallion both had canny lay offs :luck: :luck: :luck: :thumbsup:

A really good turnout yesterday with loads of peds, just a few non peds and Jim with his lurchers, it was nice to see his bitch go over 6 bends in preparation for our open. The cafe was open and people were glad of a warm drink as the weather was freezing.

I'll post times when I have my sheet to hand.

thanks to all the westy whippet crew for making me and the lurchers welcome yesterday ,also thanks for the lady who took some pics and posted them in the lurcher section,and a big thanks to the guys at the traps who went out of there way to get me a 650m trial :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: .

Thanks to everyone at Wessy :thumbsup: Especially Keith on the traps, I think us ped racers gave him a headache, sorry Keith!

The warm drink was very welcome Vicky, just managed to thaw us a little! :thumbsup:

Thanks to everyone at Wessy :thumbsup: Especially Keith on the traps, I think us ped racers gave him a headache, sorry Keith!The warm drink was very welcome Vicky, just managed to thaw us a little! :thumbsup:
Ive always enjoyed wessy and its all down to the folk that run it so thanks all of you :thumbsup: looking forward to the 20th :thumbsup:

Thanks to everyone at Wessy :thumbsup: Especially Keith on the traps, I think us ped racers gave him a headache, sorry Keith!The warm drink was very welcome Vicky, just managed to thaw us a little! :thumbsup:
Ive always enjoyed wessy and its all down to the folk that run it so thanks all of you :thumbsup: looking forward to the 20th :thumbsup:
ive enjoyed the last few visits to wessy and i know the whips enjoy it :D thanks to everyone for putting up with us ;) looking forward also to the 20th

OMG!! Don't think I've ever seen so many peds!!! (w00t)

Bend Bonanza competition is really hotting up- even had a phonecall from someone coming down from Sterling! (w00t)

Thanks to all of you for coming and wish you all the best of luck at the BWRA Bend Bonanza :luck:

Will post lots of piks in a mo. :thumbsup:

Back