The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Westhoughton Wrc

You know us better than that Graham ;)

We spend £30 a week on swimming, massage 12 dogs a day, £350 a month on food & just spent £40 on fuel & £40 getting dogs checked out yesterday - if i thought the track wasn't good enough for our consistent open class dogs i wouldn't run them there.

I think it's disrespectful to imply all the sup & champions, top ten winners & top five winners owners that ran their dogs on that track today would put their dogs at risk on a "disgraceful" track.

I don't doubt the track's been heavy going, last week was the first week back after the bad weather on the advice of Rod & Louise.

Results & times to follow :thumbsup:

Good day at wessey today a bit overcast but all dogs seemed to run well , BIG WELL DONE TO ROD AND LOUISE FOR GETTING THE TRACK IN SUCH GOOD CONDITION FOR THE TIME OF YEAR AND AFTER THE DREADFULL WEATHER CONDITIONS , IT WAS SPOT ON , I THINK YOU COULD COULD ONLY COMMENT ON THE CONDITION OF THE TRACK IF YOU HAD BEEN THERE TO SEE IT YOURSELF , IT LOOKED GOOD AND RAN GOOD , WELL DONE TO MARK, KEITH, ON THE TRAPS AND TONY ON THE TRIP , ROD AND LOUISE FOR THERE HARD WORK TODAY AND VICKY FOR WHATEVER SHE WAS DOING

You know us better than that Graham ;)
We spend £30 a week on swimming, massage 12 dogs a day, £350 a month on food & just spent £40 on fuel & £40 getting dogs checked out yesterday - if i thought the track wasn't good enough for our consistent open class dogs i wouldn't run them there.

I think it's disrespectful to imply all the sup & champions, top ten winners & top five winners owners that ran their dogs on that track today would put their dogs at risk on a "disgraceful" track.

I don't doubt the track's been heavy going, last week was the first week back after the bad weather on the advice of Rod & Louise.

Results & times to follow :thumbsup:
no need to explain things to me vicky. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Meg and Daisy at Weasthoughton today.
daisymeg020.jpg

Big thanks to everyone that travelled from outside of the club today, Geoff B, Steve Bell, Neil, Lynda Windle, Geoff Parr, George & Lyn Bailes, Pat & Bob Cope plus all the usual supporters. Huge thanks to Rod & Louise for allowing us to continue with the Sundays from now on :thumbsup: Real pleasure to race with these people :thumbsup: After 2 hours of greyhound trialling, going on for another 3 1/2hrs for us to mess about. And to Geoff for doing the timing (i think you've got a job for life!!!) :thumbsup:

Handslips for:

Miles Away

Maid u Run

Midnight Maid

Maid Your Point

Mo Chara

Maid u Luck

Scooter

Sunkist

Tall n Tiny

Theo

Whisper

Murphy

All went really well (i'm sure Jacqui will post some pic's)

From Traps:

Just Paddy 15.72 / 16.03

Anagram 16.28

Mr Dillon 16.34

Pick pocket 15.80

Izzy & Duffy 17.06 / Duffy 16.80

Ruby 16.07

Little Wilma 15.40

I'll be Back 16.69

Short n Curly 16.40

She's a Flyer 17.38

Bobby Dazzler 16.10 / 16.20

Avit 15.81 / 15.80

Deneside Colin 15.66

Stevie B 16.13

Snip 17.97

Jack Junior 15.60 / 15.69

Burnt Sugar 15.78 / 15.80

Our Ebby 15.45

Whiskey fudge 16.53 (just back from season)

Tall n Tiny 16.86

Red Moon Rising Sc (just back from season)

Jenny Taylor 1 - 1st 16.67

Sunkist 16.22

Our Bea 16.53

Lenny's Legs 15.90

Race's - Scratch

R On The Ball

B The Black Pearl - 1st 15.53 (in a cracking race with On the Ball coming back at him down the last straight)

W Jeans Pride

Hcp

R Forever Autumn Sc - 1st 16.38 / trial 16.24

B Whinnie Skippet 4

All ours are panned out for the night, Ziggy's a happy lad, 2 trials + 2 matings in a day, he thinks he's died and gone to heaven.

Lovely to see all the pups, Frankie, Bea, Gudd, Meg & Daisy all having a nosey around - look forward to seeing these start their training.

21-1.jpg

22-1.jpg

23-1.jpg

Particularly impressive youngsters were Steve's Ruby passing no bother & Keith's Just Paddy. :thumbsup:

Reads like you had a busy day :sweating: :thumbsup: Just posted on another thread.Can't believe how much alike Steve's Deenside Secret litter is (w00t)

Nice pictures I think all tracks are running slow it just winter going. If lynne say it ok she now her onions see you next week all being well

Well we enjoyed today and I enjoyed seeing everyone else and their hounds too. :thumbsup:

There'll be one extra greyhound trainer at Wessy next week as Ceri was graded in this morning for her first race this Thursday :sweating:

Anyway plenty of dogs running today, plenty of photos of the track but don't take mine (or anyone else's) word for it, come down and see for yourselves. :thumbsup:

clipboard04.sized.jpg

clipboard06.sized.jpg

clipboard08.sized.jpg

clipboard09.sized.jpg

clipboard12.sized.jpg

clipboard14.sized.jpg

clipboard18.sized.jpg

clipboard22.sized.jpg

clipboard78.sized.jpg

clipboard81.sized.jpg

clipboard85.sized.jpg

clipboard87.sized.jpg

clipboard90.sized.jpg

Rest of album available for viewing here> Westhoughton WRC 14th Feb

Got a brill sequence of the scratch race on there that was my favourite race of the day. :thumbsup:

track was FINE by the way can't be doing with people who sit behind a screen slagging venues off on a public website, on the strength of unfound hearsay WESTHOUGHTON as does HIGHGATE and EASINGTON do their best for us whippet racers

WHIPPET RACING WOULD BE AT A LOSS WITHOUT THEM

Back