The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

We need more puppy pictures...

All the dogs pictured, and pups are gorgeous :wub: :wub: :wub: , but Saga has really caught my eye, she's one very pretty girl :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Hi Malin,

I was wondering if you had any current pictures of your litter...and if you had any expert tips on stacking 7 week old puppies. I am having a really difficult time holding any of them still long enough to take a photo...and you had such gorgeous pictures of your litter.

Thanks

-Jill

Current pictures:

Real fun (not!) photo session. Photographer=me, handler=me, assistant=me. Wish I had a remote for my camera - as it is I make do with a 10 second delay.

1- stack dog on table.

2 - run to camera and press button - 10 second window begins.

3 - scoop up same dog from couch and run to table.

4 - stack dog and move away before camera takes picture.

- repeat - :nuke:

I wonder why Oskar and Bobo look tense in the pictures? :- "

Oskar:

CRW_1460_oskar11m_640.jpg

Jill said:
Hi Malin,
I was wondering if you had any current pictures of your litter...and if you had any expert tips on stacking 7 week old puppies.  I am having a really difficult time holding any of them still long enough to take a photo...and you had such gorgeous pictures of your litter.
Thank you Jill :)

Tip would be - digital camera! Take time with each puppy and work with it until you have a OK picture. Do not aim for perfect pictures, almost perfect will do nicely in my opinion. Be relaxed and positive when you handle the puppy, it can be very frustrating to take pictures. If YOU start feeling tense take a break and go and break some china where the puppies won't see/hear you do it... If puppy starts being tense - cuddle and fuss and then start over. Don't play with the puppy, it'll get exited and be impossible to stack... If the puppy gets too exited wait a few hours and try again. I would only have the puppy I'm working with in the room.

Above all I'd say that patience is very, very important :sweating: :sweating: :sweating:

[SIZE=14pt] Best of luck!!!![/SIZE]

Should have added that my "puppies" are now 11 months old. Height is the same, but Oskar is a little bit like a overfed sausage at the moment. My bitches are in season and I thought he might go off his food and therefore gave him extra... he never lost his appetite... he is in "winter condition" and his 16.5 kg is mostly fat :wacko: :b

Maybe Tamara has a nice new picture of Saga??? 8)

Last edited by a moderator:
Tip would be - digital camera! Take time with each puppy and work with it until you have a OK picture. Do not aim for perfect pictures, almost perfect will do nicely in my opinion. Be relaxed and positive when you handle the puppy, it can be very frustrating to take pictures. If YOU start feeling tense take a break and go and break some china where the puppies won't see/hear you do it... If puppy starts being tense - cuddle and fuss and then start over. Don't play with the puppy, it'll get exited and be impossible to stack... If the puppy gets too exited wait a few hours and try again. I would only have the puppy I'm working with in the room.

Above all I'd say that patience is very, very important :sweating: :sweating: :sweating:

[SIZE=14pt] Best of luck!!!![/SIZE]

Thanks! I shall endeavour again...perhaps probably break some china!! ;) It is so incredibly frustrating getting them to stay still!!! I am going mad and obsessed with getting perfect photos :wacko:I think I'll aim for almost perfect and see what happpens.

By the way you puppies look fantastic....especially Bobo :wub: :wub:

Jill said:
Thanks! I shall endeavour again...perhaps probably break some china!! ;) It is so incredibly frustrating getting them to stay still!!! I am going mad and obsessed with getting perfect photos :wacko:I think I'll aim for almost perfect and see what happpens.
:thumbsup: [SIZE=14pt]That's the spirit!!![/SIZE] :thumbsup: I know you can do this!!! Sooner or later each puppy will stand in a more or less correct stance at the same time as the picture is taken.

Another frustrating thing is that most digitals are soo ssllloooowwww...

Puppy mostly manages to totally change position between pressing the trigger and the camera actually taking the picture :'(

Jill said:
By the way you puppies look fantastic....especially Bobo  :wub:   :wub:
I love my princess :) She is having her first season and changed over night from GI Jane to princess Love-me. But she will be back to her normal mud and trouble loving self as soon as it is over I'm sure :p

Jill - some extra little tips for wriggly puppy photo taking....

1. Get someone who has a good eye for a whippet, and knows when to click, to take the pics.

2. When you are about to stack the pup firstly cradle the pup with one hand through and around the chest (ie your two middle fingers through the front legs and your forefinger and little finger around the outside of the shoulders) and the same with your other hand at the back end. Gently rock the pup to and fro a couple of times before placing its feet squarely on the table. It disorientates them slightly (oh so very slightly) and gives you that couple of seconds of still time on the table in which to click the shot before pup goes giggly wriggly all over again.

The trick is to get the stack square in one go as you place the pup down on the table (and your photographer to be quick on the button) - don't try to stack all four legs individually this takes too long and the pup will wriggle its way out of the stack before you are finished.

Naturally I am only talking little puppies here - up to 6-8 weeks (not quite sure how old your pups are at present) - it doesn't work so well for older pups and by this time they are learning to do the proper stack anyway.

Good luck! :luck:

Oskar and Bobo are looking good Malin - even if they are a little tense.

malin said:
I love my princess :) She is having her first season and changed over night from GI Jane to princess Love-me. But she will be back to her normal mud and trouble loving self as soon as it is over I'm sure :p
I am not so sure about that Malin. She might get her "adult" personality now ;) !!!

Saga's not in season yet. I'll try to take you some new pictures, they turned out 11 months last saturday :) .... Time flies!!!!

We love Saga, even if she's the leader of the other dogs, especially for finding naughty things to do!!!! :lol: She's a real character, as her dad is ;) !!!

Morgan said:
I am not so sure about that Malin. She might get her "adult" personality now ;) !!!
I'm sorry to crush your hopes Tamara... but no, it's just a temporary hormone induced personality confusion. The black terror that kicks her brothers sorry butt from one end of the field to the next will be back!!! Her temporary personality confusion might also be part of Oskars sausage problem - he hasn't had a good butt kick for at least a week now :lol:

Morgan said:
Saga's not in season yet. I'll try to take you some new pictures, they turned out 11 months last saturday :) .... Time flies!!!!
They grow up so fast :))

Morgan said:
We love Saga, even if she's the leader of the other dogs, especially for finding naughty things to do!!!! :lol: She's a real character, as her dad is ;) !!!
I got the impression that Spike has always been the perfect gentleman! :unsure:

Poor puppies, they never had a chance...

aslan said:
Jill - some extra little tips for wriggly puppy photo taking....
1.  Get someone who has a good eye for a whippet, and knows when to click,  to take the pics.

2.  When you are about to stack the pup firstly cradle the pup with one hand through and around the chest (ie your two middle fingers through the front legs and your forefinger and little finger around the outside of the shoulders) and the same with your other hand at the back end.  Gently rock the pup to and fro a couple of times before placing its feet squarely on the table.  It disorientates them slightly (oh so very slightly) and gives you that couple of seconds of still time on the table in which to click  the shot before pup goes giggly wriggly all over again.

The trick is to get the stack square in one go as you place the pup down on the table (and your photographer to be quick on the button) - don't try to stack all four legs individually this takes too long and the pup will wriggle its way out of the stack before you are finished.

Naturally I am only talking little puppies here - up to 6-8 weeks (not quite sure how old your pups  are at present) - it doesn't work so well for older pups and by this time they are learning to do the proper stack anyway.

Good luck! :luck:

Thanks Lana!!! I will try the rocking motion...I think my camera is a bit slow...which is half of the problem. They will be 8 weeks old on the third! Time really does fly!!!

-Jill

[SIZE=14pt]Jill, how are you doing with your puppy pictures? Any success?[/SIZE]

Looking forward to seeing your babies stacked!!!!

malin said:
[SIZE=14pt]Jill, how are you doing with your puppy pictures? Any success?[/SIZE]Looking forward to seeing your babies stacked!!!!

Took some this morning...erh...well you shall see!- wouldn't really call it a complete success! (w00t)

Back