Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kiss n Tell (Xspell x Kissyfur?) - 18lb

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Vicky

Maid Your Point
Registered
Reaction score
I Know we had a thread a while back on stud dogs but we were debating last night at the club, and whilst everyone tends to be going to the same handful of dogs at the moment i have put down a few which were brought up which are unproven or thrown a few litters (preferably small to go to a greyhound 63lb)

Any others you can think of ?

I also really fancy Lennox but he's a bit big to put to a greyhound!!!

well i think some of these dogs u got down are not lining bitch

colour blind has tried  but has not managed

kiss n tell also

mad return now retired in scotland with ken

if you all look a little closer wor john, kinda magic and shotting star maybe top stud dogs next year...

I think War John & A Kinda Magic may be a bit too big for a 63lb greyhound but thats just my opinion!!

I did'nt know that half those dogs wont/cant retired ???

shows what us lot in the north-west get told!!!

HI, yes I agree with neil, my first choice has to be Spellbound who seems to be throwing some nice little dogs at the moment , he is the dog i will take tiny toon too when she breaks and secondly two become one , gillette may be  an interesting one too , but we will have to wait and see.   ;)   :D   :p

:0 you mean you agree with me on something pat :D   :D   :D   ;)

:D now now neil, dont get too excited   :D you have to admit there are some good stud dogs around at the moment.... ;)

would be interesting to see how many people choose gillett,as he was one of the best bend dogs ive seen, ;)

ALWAY"S LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF LIFE

Rch/Nch WOR JOHN WILL BE AN EXELLENT STUD DOG :D  

:D   :D   :D

well spellbound is definately throwing at the moment, has gillette mated a racing whippet of late , I know a lot r thinking of taking their bitches to him..................

well as soon as blue goblin comes in season we will be hoping

to go to him he was a great dog it was a shame he was passed about a little when he was running  i think his breeding great

hi

2become one has thrown some first class dogs my own buncie boy injurys seem to have him off the track more than on it two in one has won a few opens the only two running out of litter the others not run through injurys 6 in litter.

show three, platinum lady is a good club dog broke her leg twice. then theres his litter sisters have thrown some first class pups so look out for ones blue two at champs only 11months old. hot mouse, candy floss, and his has 4 pups with little folly,5 pups with venture forth.

so the hole blood line looks good.

I haven't voted in this pool, though I'm tempted because I bred Xstatic, but two things strike me. Firstly, the lack of an obvious choice at stud at the moment and secondly the fact that, in my opinion, the bitch is hugely more important than the dog when it comes to breeding good whippets.

You might be interested to know that in racehorses there is almost incontrevertible scientific evidence that easily the biggest factor in performance is heart size. Apparently 25% of a racehorses ability is attributable to its heart size and nearly all outstanding racehorses have had hearts that are way bigger than normal. It is also interesting that in racehorses heart size is directly attributable to one gene on the X chromosome.

Because that chromosome is passed from mothers to their offspring it means that the mother has undue influence over heart size and consequently performance.

My wild guess is that this little tale also applies in whippets and that it is the reason why the Singing Wind female line is so good. Singing Wind, Swift Wind, Swift Ellie and Swift Dancer were all supreme champions, all related and all produced supreme champion daughters.

EXSTATIC is a good choice, how ever Gill has informed me he has mated two bitches and only thrown one pup( a dog) to each bitch. but he may have mated more bitches since i enquired ( this may not be his fault ) I am tempted to take a chance though as his breeding is impeccable, and i think he will throw some fast bitches,  i hope. I would say in some circimstances its 80% bitch and 20% dog,   by the way, well done Delia for breeding   Sup R Ch BIDDY.....Montana/ little foxglove..

Hello  Ian  nice  to  see  you  on  board   : After  many  years   of  breeding  good  and  bad.  I  agree  with  everything  you  have  said,  when  breeding  you  look  to  the  bitch.

One  litter  we  breed  years  back  proves  what  you  have  said.  The  dogs  breeding  was  first  class,  All  of  his  brothers  and  sisters  got  there  titles.  Our  dog  never  raced  due  to  injury.  We  put  him  to  one  of  our  bitches  she  was  as  slow  as  a  tortoise.  Out  of  a  litter  of  8  only  one  raced  at  club  level.  The  others  never  evan  got  that  far   :(

I  hope  Dancers  on  the  mend  Im  going  to  miss  her  at  our  opens.

Ian, Tanyia et al,

As you probably know chromosones come in pairs, 78 chromosones in the dog species (38 homologous pairs plus the X and Y ). Leaving the X and Y chromosones aside for one moment, in any male or female dog one of the homologous chromosones in any pair comes from the bitch (brood) parent and the other from the dog (stud) parent. Hence, in the case of these chromosones the brood and stud have an equal part to play in the genetic make-up of any offsring.

Since there is independant assortment of chromosones in meiosis, then these homologue chromosones passed from the brood or stud may be derived from their respective mothers or fathers. As this is a 50:50 chance ( but maybe not! ) then this tends to suggest that these homologous chromosones are not passed down a bitch/ dog line as a matter of rote but as a 50:50 chance and that the stud is of equal importance as the brood.

Many top studs have excellant dog lines!

As far as the Y chromosone is concerned this can only be passed father to son as it is only present in males.

Since males are XY and females are XX then any female offspring clearly derive one X chromosone from the brood and the other X chromosone from the stud indicating that the brood and stud are equal in their contribution to the genetic  make-up.In any offspring the stud dog derived X chromosone is always from it`s mother but the broods X chromsone may be derived from her mother or father (50:50 ratio).

In male offspring the X chromasone always comes from the mother, however as above, this X chromasone may be derived from the broods mother or father.

However the cytoplasm of the zygote is almost entirely derived from the female gamete and since some of the intracellular structures eg mitochondria have different nucleic acid to that of the nucleus then perhaps this difference in cytoplasm could explain the concept of a bitch line as the intracellular function would, perhaps, affect the overall performance of the organism.

More controversial still, studies indicate that chromosones can behave differently depending on wether they are derived from the brood or stud - possibly due ti the effect of the cytoplasm it comes with which also gives strength to the theory of a bitch line.

Heart size probably plays little part , relatively, in whippet racing performance as that performance is not as dependant on aerobic energy production as that of horse racing.

Hi i think its 90% the bitch and 10% the dog All our dogs

originate from the greyhound we had Cheeky Ann and every bitch wich has been lined out of her has thrown a champion

and open class animals Medieros ( sadly had to put her to sleep at the weekend aged 15 years) Estafan, Double xxBrooklyn

Triple xxx and thier grandaughters Gloria Cheekymadam and many more I agree with Ian if you have astrong bitch line you

have every chance of throughing a top class animal Vicky I

believe has abitch out of this breeding and has throwen very well.

Back