Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Stud Dogs - Do They Change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

helsbels16

Registered
Reaction score
IF YOU HAVE A DOG THAT HAS THE BEST TEMPERMENT IN THE WORLD,

WOULD THAT CHANGE AFTER BEING USED FOR STUD?

what about his temperment towards people and his everyday life if he isnt around bitches? :thumbsup:

I,ve got proven dogs,and had no problems in their temperments at all,they are still just as lovable as ever :wub: So no it has'nt made any differents toward people.

No, its just im going to use my boy for stud and i didnt want to it affect him in anyway like that.

He has a fantastic temperment now and is 4 years old, some poeple have said that he might become nasty or boystress once he had covered. But i dont think it would change him, maybe just make him more keen! :thumbsup:

I worried about this too - but my boy hasn't changed one bit, He's as affectionate as ever, and makes no attempt to run off looking for girls (which was my biggest worry). So I'd say go for it - especially if you want one of his pups like I did :wub:

Thats excellent to hear.

I do want one of his pups (or 3 or 4) :wub: , and he is such a good alround dog that i thought it would be a shame not to spread his talent!! :thumbsup:

helsbels16 said:
TOMTHUMB said:
Helen,is your great grandfather Markbrick? :)

Why do you say that???????

Sorry, I didn't realise this was serious. I just had a vision of a stud dog 'at it' in pictures.

Having had stud dogs, I was lucky mine didn't change in any way, but they always remembered the owners of bitches they had served! Running dogs and bitches together is not easy though, if you do have more than one dog things can get a bit tense when the bitch is in season and you can get fights. Think carefully before you decide.

I just have a weird sense of humour!!!!!!!! :oops: Blame it on living in Cornwall. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=14pt]OH MY GOD !!!!!!!!!!! MY MATES DOG HAS JUST SERVED A BITCH....AND HES ONLY WENT AND CHANGED INTO A BRICKLAYER[/SIZE] !! :eek: :eek:

j ;) hn

bertha said:
helsbels16 said:
TOMTHUMB said:

Sorry, I didn't realise this was serious. I just had a vision of a stud dog 'at it' in pictures.

Having had stud dogs, I was lucky mine didn't change in any way, but they always remembered the owners of bitches they had served! Running dogs and bitches together is not easy though, if you do have more than one dog things can get a bit tense when the bitch is in season and you can get fights. Think carefully before you decide.

I just have a weird sense of humour!!!!!!!! :oops: Blame it on living in Cornwall. LOL

Thats ok - :thumbsup:

I only have the one dog at the moment so hopefully it will be ok.. He is booked to cover a lovely bitch in a couple of weeks :wub: i will hopefully keep a bitch from that litter and im thinking that with her growing up with him from a pup they will get used to each other and it wont cause a problem. :- "

well that is my theory anyway!!!!!!!!! :wacko:

stormydog said:
[SIZE=14pt]OH MY GOD !!!!!!!!!!!    MY MATES DOG HAS JUST SERVED A BITCH....AND HES ONLY WENT AND CHANGED INTO A BRICKLAYER[/SIZE] !!  :eek:   :eek:

j ;) hn

Oh NO - get it to the vets [SIZE=21pt]QUICK[/SIZE]

MARK YOURE VERY BANNED (w00t) YOU SHOULDNT BE FORCING LITTLE GIRLS INTO SOMETHING THEY DONT WANT TO DO.

YOU OLD GARY BRICKER YOU ! (w00t) (w00t)

Last edited by a moderator:
TOMTHUMB said:
helsbels16 said:
TOMTHUMB said:

You & Markbrick both have the same trumpet playing style.............................................you both like blowing it loudly :lol:

:luck: with your stud dog duties Helen :thumbsup:

:cheers: well no we are not related.................but we both are cornish and both are very proud of our dogs and not ashamed to say it!!!! :p

If you dont shout about it then no one will hear you! :teehee:

Thanks very much :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back