The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Sick B**tards

:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Dogs burn to death as farm is torched Sep 14 2005

By Greg O'Keeffe, Liverpool Echo

FIFTEEN racing hounds died when when their kennels were set alight in a suspected arson attack

Fire crews heard the terrified yelps of the trapped animals as they arrived at the farm in Burtonwood near Warrington.

They saved some of the pedigree dogs, each worth around £6,000, but were unable to save most.

A dozen horses stabled nearby were led to safety by farm staff.

The area around Old Lodge Farm, Old Clay Lane, has been targeted by arsonists over the summer and investigators fear yesterday's fire was started deliberately.

Firefighter Ian Foxcroft, who led the rescue, said: "It was a distressing job for everyone involved. We could hear the dogs barking and yelping with fright as their kennels burned.

"Unfortunately, it was too late and we were unable to save most of them. It's lucky we managed to get the horses to safety.

WHAT DID THESE POOR DOGS DO WRONG.SURELY THE DOG POEPLE IN THAT AREA CAN FIND OUT WHO DID THIS UNFORGIVABLE ACT :rant: AND DEAL WITH THEM HARD.THERE MUST BE REASONS WHY, :( AWFUL

i dont know how dog people can find out who's done it.theyre hardly likely to tell dog lovers are they?and it wasnt dog people who did it.no dog lover would dream of doing something like this.it will probably turn out to be some little scrotes who thought it would be fun to burn some poor defenceless dogs to death :angry:

i just cant believe it, its disgusting, just shows how sick people can be...you cant even begin imagine what these poor dogs suffered before they died and to the ones that lived how they will be scared for life.... I hope at least they were able to save some of the dogs.

Are there any updates?

Sorry to say 25 Greyhounds have perished in this tragedy,some of the remaining Greyhounds will require medical treatment.

i was unlucky enough to be one of the firefighters called to this incident: it was horrendous. I wont say too much but one of the lads was saying he could still hear the dogs the day after. the same lad's helmet and tunic were condemmed due to the amount of heat he took trying to open the pens.

everyone involved was horrified, the bloke who owned the kennels held up well considering.

personally i hope the dogs werent the target. If they were i hope the poice get them first.

id just like to say thankyou to the firefighters who took part in this horrific fire and obviously tried their hardest to save the dogs.well done guys and thankyou :cheers: :thumbsup:

Fast but dim said:
i was unlucky enough to be one of the firefighters called to this incident: it was horrendous. I wont say too much but one of the lads was saying he could still hear the dogs the day after. the same lad's helmet and tunic were condemmed due to the amount of heat he took trying to open the pens.everyone involved was horrified, the bloke who owned the kennels held up well considering.

personally i hope the dogs werent the target. If they were i hope the poice get them first.

I can't begin to imagine what you must have seen and felt. My OH used to be a firefighter and has seen some horrendous things but I know something like this would have torn him apart.

Thank you for trying to save the dogs. May the person(s) who did this receive exactly what they deserve, a tenfold over. Poor dogs :(

i know this topic is old but i went to my local dog rescue a few weeks ago to give them some food and beds and i was giving a cuddle to a greyhound there called phoenyx...he was one of only a couple to be rescued from that fire....he is still looking for a home.....he is burnt on his tail and back end but ok.....the person who did it was supposed to be someone who actually worked there and was a bit peeved about something????

anyway after much thought over christmas i decided i couldnt have another dog at the moment but i hope someone gives him a home very soon :wub:

God how could someone who actually worked that do such an evil thing to the animals around them? :(

it is absolutely sick how a member of the work staff could set fire to the barns and kennels. you don't go on that way over a little bust up he shud be given life imprisonment because it is absolutely revolting and sickening to know there are people that wud do sumthing like this out there. :rant:

well said louise your absoloutly right in what you say :thumbsup:

sorry i said his name was phoenyx its actually pharoah!...somebodys name on k9 confused me! (w00t) he is in peggy hendersons in manchester :(

http://www.salemarketing.co.uk/abandonedanimals/

he is not on there website though....

the girl i spoke to there said she would email to let me know when he had a home and so far i havent heard...i saw him about 3 weeks ago...he is a lovely dog :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
out of interest was there a prosecution? if yes then what did the scum get? if no then why is it still breathing!!!! :rant: :rant:

Tanya Docwra said:
out of interest was there a prosecution? if yes then what did the scum get? if no then why is it still breathing!!!! :rant:   :rant:
if he hasnt been prosecuted then he is getting away with murder wiht out the consiquences if it was humans it would be different i bet and if he can live with himself i hope he rots in hell :rant: :rant: for what he did to those helpless animals who couldnt protect or defend themselves the thought makes me feel sick inside :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Back