The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Showbred Whippet Needs New Home!

whippynit

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I dont know if anyone remembers me but i was quite new to k9 but pretty active in it some months back. I have one older whippy and had just bought new pup to show, Sadley my partner and i have spilt up- hence me not been on here for ages.

Im at my dads with the new girl at minute but will be moving in rented accomodation shortly and theres no way can keep the younger whippet.

After much thought and 'putting it off' ...i really need to find her a new home as shes 6 and half months old now. I know k9 will be the best place to find her a loving home that understands whippets. I know i should really contact the breeder but i cant face it. Shes a lovely bitch, silver fawn brindle and white parti, show bred. 5 gen pedigree, fully vaccinated, etc. Please pm me.

Sorry to hear you've had a really rough time of it recently.

Good luck with finding a new home for your young whippet. It's horrible contacting the breeder to ask them to take your dog back, I know (I was there a few months back). You feel like you're letting them down very badly and the whippet, of course, too. I do feel for you. They may have someone waiting though, you never know.

It's upto you though of course.....good luck and I hope things get better.

whippynit said:
Hi, I dont know if anyone remembers me but i was quite new to k9 but pretty active in it some months back.  I have one older whippy and had just bought new pup to show, Sadley my partner and i have spilt up- hence me not been on here for ages.  Im at my dads with the new girl at minute but will be moving in rented accomodation shortly and theres no way can keep the younger whippet.

After much thought and 'putting it off' ...i really need to find her a new home as shes 6 and half months old now. I know k9 will be the best place to find her a loving home that understands whippets.  I know i should really contact the breeder but i cant face it. Shes a lovely bitch, silver fawn brindle and white parti, show bred. 5 gen pedigree, fully vaccinated, etc.  Please pm me.

Hello there whippynit, i wondered where you had got to, sorry about your split up, and im sure the pup will find a good home through k9, but maybe the breeder can help you, its worth a try in the interest of the pup, anyway good luck with her, and good luck to you to

keith

whippynit said:
Hi, I dont know if anyone remembers me but i was quite new to k9 but pretty active in it some months back.  I have one older whippy and had just bought new pup to show, Sadley my partner and i have spilt up- hence me not been on here for ages.  Im at my dads with the new girl at minute but will be moving in rented accomodation shortly and theres no way can keep the younger whippet.

After much thought and 'putting it off' ...i really need to find her a new home as shes 6 and half months old now. I know k9 will be the best place to find her a loving home that understands whippets.  I know i should really contact the breeder but i cant face it. Shes a lovely bitch, silver fawn brindle and white parti, show bred. 5 gen pedigree, fully vaccinated, etc.  Please pm me.

hi there , sorry to hear about your rough time

been through a break up myself

im sure the breeder will understand and im sure they would appreciate you keeping them informed.

i know its hard but if i ever bred a litter id like to know where my dogs are and im sure your breeder will too , good luck :luck: :luck: :luck:

So sorry to hear of your bad times, and having to part with the pup, but please do contact the breeder. I know I would be really upset if someone got one from me and didn't let me know before parting with it. If they do not want to know, then at least you have tried to do the right thing. Here's hoping they are understanding about it.

have pm'd you, know a good home waiting

helen

midlanderkeith said:
whippynit said:

Hello there whippynit, i wondered where you had got to, sorry about your split up, and im sure the pup will find a good home through k9, but maybe the breeder can help you, its worth a try in the interest of the pup, anyway good luck with her, and good luck to you to

keith

Hi there,

I think that Ive got the right person. This is a message for Lisa. Its Colette here, the breeder of your whippet. I have tried your mobile but there is no answer.

I would love to take back the bitch you bought off me. please, please give me a call on 01745 561611 so that we can sort things out. I completely understand your circumstances and desparately want to help. I have a lady who saw your bitch as a baby and who rang me Saturday asking about her and she would love to take her. If not I will keep her and show her myself.

I cannot say how much I would love to here from you. Thanks Lisa. :))

Good luck with finding a home :luck: if I didn't have 3 already i'd be very tempted.

I have to say that i really admired your pups on Saturday Collette, im sure that this little girlie is as equally stunning in the flesh.

All's well that ends well :thumbsup: :luck: Hopefully :luck:

Good luck with finding her a home. She sounds lovely. Have you got a recent pic of her?

I hope Lisa does as Collete askes and let her have her back ,

PLEASE PLEASE all you people who buy puppies and then through no fault of the dogs you need to rehome home it , PLEASE PLEASE ring the breeder FIRST .

At the end of the day they are still OUR babies and we want to know that they are happy and well loved . Ive taken a few back over the years from a nine year old downwards . :( What is upsetting is to find out one has been rehomed , but to where ? :( I only got Cara back through luck , God knows what would have happened to her should she had got into the wrong hands . You have to be so careful with Whippets :sweating:

No GOOD breeder will refuse to have them back , OK so they might like you to hang on to them for a while, till they could manage it . Personnally I prefer to rehome from original home to new home direct , much less upset for the dog in my opinion. but if that isnt possible then I have them back here .

So please ,think about the dog AND the person who brought it into this world . We all understand people have problems , who dosnt from time to time ;)

Jackie and the MULCAIR whippets

Sorry to hear about your personal problems - better luck for the future. :luck: :luck: and a good outome for your puppy too. :huggles:

Hi all,

Just to say thank you for your comments and personal messages.

I am in contact with the breeder now and hope to get things sorted.

Many thanks

Lisa :)

glad to hear everything is getting sorted lisa i have been thinking about you sorry about your break up . good luck for the furture :luck: and good luck to willow :luck:

Hi everyone. I am the breeder of Lisa's whippet. I just want to say thank you for all your comments and encouragement to Lisa. Hopefully between us we can sort things out and ensure the pup involved has a happy life.

I cannot stress enough how important it is to contact the breeder if you ever have any difficulties. I appreciate how difficult this can sometimes be, but any responsible breeder should always ensure they are there for you.

I am sure this will have a happy ending whatever happens.

Good luck to all you whippeteers out there and thank you for the kind comments made about my pups that were at NCWC on Saturday. Im not sure who the lady was who made them, but its nice to know other people can see what I am seeing in my whippets! :D

we've got a dog and are going to be looking for rented accomodation- its going to be hard but there are landlords that will allow pets, you just have to look hard.

im just saying because there could be other options- but i suppose if you dont have much time then its probably not possible.

good luck x

maggymills said:
we've got a dog and are going to be looking for rented accomodation- its going to be hard but there are landlords that will allow pets, you just have to look hard.
im just saying because there could be other options- but i suppose if you dont have much time then its probably not possible.

good luck x

Same here, but how many let you have 8 dogs :- "

Back