The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Sad News

sherry

Registered
Reaction score
we have very sadly had to have whisper whizz (sam) put to sleep 2day. yesterday when jumping off the settee he started screaming and holding his back right leg in the air. i rushed him 2 the vets and the girl had a feel & said she didnt think anything was broken gave him a pain killing injection which she said wud last for 24 hours and gave me some metacam 2 give him 2day, so i took him home & went to work thinking he wud b fine when i got home, only he wasnt he was screaming in pain everytime he moved he never went 4 a wee from 3.30pm @ the vets till 10.20pm when peter got in. all night he screamed in pain everytime he moved, the metacam didnt seem 2 help @ all. we got an appointment @ 4.20pm today by then he cud barely walk peter had 2 carry him 2 the van and from the van to the vets so the kindest thing to take the pain away was 2 have him put to sleep. obviosly we r both devastated. RIP sam xxx :(

So sorry to hear this Carol, its such a hard decision to make but for the best. They come to you as babies and take up residence in your heart and its so hard to lose them. Nothing anyone can say can make you feel any better but time is a great healer

Thinking of you

RIP Sam

So sorry to hear about Sam, it comes to us all, but its never easy. RIP Sam

so sorry to hear this carole and pete i know how much you both love your dogs R.I.P Sam :(

Hi sorry to hear the news when you said this morning when you took him back

you said it didnt look good

So sorry I know what is like to lose one you love as you love all your dogs

one thing hes not in pain anymore

thinking of you and Pete at this sad time

I am so sorry to hear your very sad news about Sam. It is barely 3 weeks since I lost my beloved Jed so I know exactly what you are going through.

You have saved him the pain and he will be free now RIP Sam

sherry said:
we have very sadly had to have whisper whizz (sam) put to sleep 2day. yesterday when jumping off the settee he started screaming and holding his back right leg in the air. i rushed him 2 the vets and the girl had a feel & said she didnt think anything was broken gave him a pain killing injection which she said wud last for 24 hours and gave me some metacam 2 give him 2day, so i took him home & went to work thinking he wud b fine when i got home, only he wasnt he was screaming in pain everytime he moved he never went 4 a wee from 3.30pm @ the vets till 10.20pm when peter got in. all night he screamed in pain everytime he moved, the metacam didnt seem 2 help @ all. we got an appointment @ 4.20pm today by then he cud barely walk peter had 2 carry him 2 the van and from the van to the vets so the kindest thing to take the pain away was 2 have him put to sleep. obviosly we r both devastated. RIP sam xxx :(
sorry to read this peter and sherry him and comeonsue have had good races R IP SAM

Remember the good times,any loss is bad, all the best to you both.

so sorry to hear your sad news,you did the kindest thing,we know how bad it is to make the hardest decision,when we love our dogs.we know you loved him and he had a great life with you. :( our thoughts are with you tonight.

so sorry,carol&peter,

Rest In Peace Sam.

I'm so sorry Carol & Peter. You did the right thing to end his pain, I'm sure he'll take a lifetime of happy years with him. :huggles:

Carole/Peter we're devestated to hear such sad news about your beloved Sam. Only a very few short weeks after his lovely sister Shaylie :(

Our thoughts are with you :huggles:

:( So sorry for you both Carole & Peter,we know how much you love all your dogs :( Our thoughts are with you

RIP Sam

so sorry you maid the right desision and quickly aswell you did the best for him you possibly could

:huggles: from us all and an extra speacil lick from lacey. she says she will give it you next time she sees you :huggles:

Back