The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Rip Kez

oakmoorehill

Registered
Reaction score
I couldn't bring myself to post this I was so shocked when I recieved them phone call last night

Pat the lady who bred Toby my pup phoned. She was very upsetas she spoke to me and just kept saying she was sorry to phone me but had to talk to someone but didn't know who else to tell

Anyway Pat and her 2 kids had been shopping and had left puppy Kez and her mother Tippy in the kitchen .She arrived back home and the kids fortunately went into the living room while she took the shopping to put it away . She opened the door to find Tippy there but Kez didn't come she couldn't she was dead. She had jumped up at the cupboard and caught her collar on the door handle being only 13 weeks old she wasn't big enough for her feet to touch the floor.

Pat's husband was at work so she ran to get a neighbour who unhooked Kez and went to fetch Roy from work

Pat now completely blames her selfand all I could do was reasureher that it could have happened to anyone

Kez was very much loved and although had only a short time in this world I know she only had the very best of everything and knew nothing but love and kindness Pat told me she has taken of Tippy's collar and says she will never leave a dog with a collar on if there is no one there

RIP KEZ SLEEP TIGHT LITTLE ONE

Love from ypur little brother TOBY

I will post a picture of her later

Last edited by a moderator:
What a dreadful way to go. The poor lady, she will be haunted by it I'm sure. I'm very sorry for all involved.

Linda

Oh what terrible tragedy :( what that poor family must be going through, thoughts are with them :huggles:

R.I.P Little Kez

This is tragic, and my heart goes out to all of the family :(

RIP Kez

Oh how awful, my thoughts go to Kez's family.

[SIZE=8pt]RIP KEZ[/SIZE]

Julie

RIP KEZ :huggles:

The poor family must be inconsolable, such a shocking tragedy. :(

What a terrible tragedy :( Really shocking :(

The only thing I would say that this does in my eyes reaffirm the importance of using a crate when pups are left alone. Although I know that a different kind of freak accident could probably happen in a cage but I think it makes it safer for a mischievous puppies and for our houses!

RIP Kez and Pat really mustn't blame herself - a freak accident

Poor thing, so sad what a terrible accident wish I hadn't read this thread as I have now got awefull images in my head, the family must be inconsolible. :(

This sad episode should be the first and last time it ever happens, a crate has to be the way forward with the young ones, what a sad tragedy, the owner needs to get another pup straight away IMHO to ease the loss.Especially for the children.

Mike

So , so sad :( :( :(

[SIZE=14pt]R I P KEZ[/SIZE] :( :( :( :(

:( so sad poor little mite :( :( :( :huggles: to the family they must be so upset

RIP KEZ :(

[SIZE=14pt]RIP little one[/SIZE]

this is so sad, the family must be devastated :(

This made me cry. I cant imagine how the family must feel and it so isn't this ladys fault :(

RIP kez xxxxxxxxxx

So sad :( :( - what a dreadful accident. It brought back the memory of someone years ago who left her two 9mth old Airedales in their run while she was out, and when she got back one of them had got their teeth stuck in the other one's collar and twisted it, and strangled his poor brother. When the owner got home they were still stuck like that, and the surviving brother was really traumatized as you can imagine. :( :( :(

RIP Kez and many :huggles: :huggles: to his poor owner and family. :huggles:

What a short little life :( a terrible tragedy for the whole family - my thoughts go out to you all.

[SIZE=14pt]RIP KEZ[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
What a dreadful tragedy :( I heard of similar happening to a friend's Border Terrier a few years back, hence mine never wearing collars when left alone in the house, I'd be too worried.

Of course if they got out without collars I'd also never forgive myself :(

So, so sorry for the lady and her family, and of course poor Kez. :(

Back