The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Re-homing Help Needed...

hughes0

Registered
Reaction score
we have very sadly found ourselves in a position where we are no longer able to keep our two lovely whippies.

i do not wish to go into details on this public forum but it is a sad situation that is nothing to do with the dogs themselves.

anyway, to cut to the chase i have a neutered male aged 15months and an unspayed pedigree female aged 11 months.

they must go together as the male would not manage at all well without his little friend.

they are house trained (apart from the odd accident) they know basic commands and walk on a lead. they can cope with being left for up to 4hours or so without a fuss. they are used to running in open fields.

she will go happily in a crate and the car, he will not.

excellent with children and other dogs (dont know about cats?) we have looked after other peoples dogs lots of times, differents breeds etc... for holidays and they have always been well behaved with guests dog and human.

they are indoor pets that like their comfy beds, not really suited to outdoor kennels.

he is black and white and she is brindle.

they are very well behaved dogs (although they will steal food off the side when your not looking... typical whippies really!!)

you cannot breed from her, not without the breeders permission but i can provide all these details etc... breeding is not something we ever would condsider for her but she is from excellent show lines and would suit a family interested in showing.

genuine whippet people only please, this is a difficult situation and we must know they are going to people with whippet experience.

they must go together. thank you in advance for your help. please pm me if you know of anyone thats looking. there is no immedate rush and i am not about to take them to the shelter or put them in the paper etc... k9'ers is my first port of call and my only. i know how supportive you all are and how well connected you all are so one of you will have the answer for us, thanks

hughes0 said:
we have very sadly found ourselves in a position where we are no longer able to keep our two lovely whippies.
i do not wish to go into details on this public forum but it is a sad situation that is nothing to do with the dogs themselves.

anyway, to cut to the chase i have a neutered male aged 15months and an unspayed pedigree female aged 11 months.

they must go together as the male would not manage at all well without his little friend.

they are house trained (apart from the odd accident)  they know basic commands and walk on a lead.  they can cope with being left for up to 4hours or so without a fuss.  they are used to running in open fields.

she will go happily in a crate and the car, he will not.

excellent with children and other dogs (dont know about cats?)  we have looked after other peoples dogs lots of times, differents breeds etc... for holidays and they have always been well behaved with guests dog and human.

they are indoor pets that like their comfy beds, not really suited to outdoor kennels. 

he is black and white and she is brindle.

they are very well behaved dogs (although they will steal food off the side when your not looking... typical whippies really!!)

you cannot breed from her, not without the breeders permission but i can provide all these details etc... breeding is not something we ever would condsider for her but she is from excellent show lines and would suit a family interested in showing.

genuine whippet people only please, this is a difficult situation and we must know they are going to people with whippet experience.

they must go together.  thank you in advance for your help. please pm me if you know of anyone thats looking.  there is no immedate rush and i am not about to take them to the shelter or put them in the paper etc... k9'ers is my first port of call and my only.  i know how supportive you all are and how well connected you all are so one of you will have the answer for us, thanks

So sorry to hear this, I am in Glos, and will keep my ears open. So very sad for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
:- " :- " :- " let me get the tape mesure out and see if a king size bed would fit in my bedroom :- " :- "

:( I am so very sorry to hear that you have to rehome Jake and Pixie, I remember seeing pictures of them and they are gorgeous. Here is a great place to come, and also you could try JR whippet rescue who have a huge waiting list and maybe able to home direct for you. I can't find Mandy Moncrieff's tel no at the moment, has anyone else got it?

Good luck with your search for a lovely home for your two, this must have been a very difficult decision for you to make. :luck: :luck: :luck:

I am also really sorry to hear that you have to rehome your whippet friends. Sadly I am in no position to offer them the home they need, but will do my bit keeping my ears open for you.

Good luck and I'm sure you'll find a fantastic home for them :luck:

So sorry to hear this and good luck with the rehoming of your two whippets together.

I expect you have probably already done so, but please do let the breeders know. Even if you'd rather handle the rehoming yourself (which i can understand), it would be courteous to do so, just in case they can help in some way. Sorry if I seem like I'm interfering :b

Good luck :luck:

Nicola, i will let the breeder know, however the two must go together and i am almost sure she will not be in a position to take the male dog. so thats that.

thanks for your kind words, i know how negative this board can be sometimes and how much you all hate people like me that rehome dogs but this aside i could think of no other place better to get them the best home possible.

Oh dear I feel so sorry for you but I am sure you'll be able to find them a wonderful home together. Didn't LizzyB breed Pixie? I am sure she may be able to help find a home for them - you never know!

I will keep my ear to the ground as quite often hear of people wanting older dogs :D

hughes0 said:
i know how negative this board can be sometimes and how much you all hate people like me that rehome dogs ....
Not at all....circumstances change or things just don't work out......I can't speak for everyone, but I for one can certainly appreciate that....I've had to rehome a whippet too in the past. You've got your whippets' best interests at heart....otherwise you wouldn't be doing this.

I'm sure you'll find a lovely home for them....older whippets are much sought after...... :luck: :luck:

Last edited by a moderator:
very best of luck finding a new home, i to have had to rehome my whippet pup, so know just how you feel

:huggles:

:luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

This must be so hard for you to do :( and I really feel for you :huggles:

I will keep my eyes and ears open for potential homes around the South West and I wish you the very best of luck in finding the right home for your babies :luck: :luck:

Wishing you all the best in finding a wonderful home for your two whippets :luck: I can't imagine this being an easy decision at all, but at least you are doing what is right for you and your whippets :huggles: :huggles:

Most of us on here hughes0, understand that sometimes people have very hard decisions to make, and have to make them in the interests of all involved (including their beloved dogs).

Sadly a few do sit in judgment and feel no need to keep their thoughts to themselves - ignore those people if any jump on this thread, there are plenty who will support you in your efforts to do the very best you can for your dogs :huggles:

So sorry you have to rehome your whippets, it must be very hard for you.. :huggles: :luck:

I would just like to wish you luck :luck: ..you never know what life is going to throw at any of us at any time...any one of us could easily find ourselves in a similar situation. :luck:

Really feeling for you so much, this must be so hard but the k9 community is a great place and im sure a forever home will come :thumbsup:

All the luck in the world :luck: :luck: :luck:

good luck with the homing :huggles: :luck:

just ignore the minority, some dont live in the real world :(

on the whole the forum is a fantastic place :thumbsup:

It must be heartbreaking for you to part with them.

I hope you find the perfect person to look after them for you
c_hugs.gif

hubby says we cant help, as we would need a bigger car, got a convertable so dogs have to have seat belt harnesses and not enough seatbelts :(

although if this cold morning thing carries on a new cars on the cards.....

good luck with rehoming them,glad your not just willing to give them to a rehoming center as i wouldx hate the thoughts of any dogs been out in kennels when there used to a warm house, ill listen out for anyone looking though.

:thumbsup:

All the best in finding the perfect home for them both. :luck:

Back