The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Re-homing Help Needed...

Hi, we are desperately looking for a whippet/s to become family pets. We had a lovely whippet but she sadly died of kidney failure four years ago aged nine. My wife grew up with whippets and has many years of experience with the breed. If you wish to contact us please please do. We live in Brackley Northants.

Regards

Angus & Lesley Green

Good luck with rehoming them, hope the offer above might work for you :thumbsup:

You are doing the honourable thing and what is best for the dogs, wish I could help.

Ive had to rehome whippets over the 20 odd years Ive had them :( It's heart breaking seeing they go off in the new owners car, but when you get to see them and how good they are doing, your over joyed :D

I see Jed all the time, his owners are k9 member's but have become our friend :thumbsup:

Ross, I get updates on him, not as much now, but they still keep in touch,

Monty,,he's with John's work mate, so John see's him daily

and Ricky who we rehomed in September,,I get photo's, e-mails and visits from him, Cant ask for more :cheers:

Sometimes you have to rehome them, for one reason or another. Im a very good dog owner, who loves them to bits and I call all my whippet's MY BOYS :- " But some time's the dog needs a nice home without other male dogs/bitch's/or other reasons :(

Hope you find a good home and you will, go with your gut feeling and the home will find the dog :thumbsup:

thanks everyone, its been an overwhelming day with all the support you have offered.

i have responded to the member 'nathang12' who has posted on here expressing interest so we will see how they feel after they have asked all their questions etc...

liz... i have not recieved your pm yet? what time did you send it?

thanks again people, i will check back in the morning.

Go with your gut feeling :cheers:

Not the first to reply :thumbsup:

I wish there 2 wee soles the best and on k9,where can they go wrong :cheers:

Whippet lovers :huggles: :huggles:

hughes0 said:
thanks everyone, its been an overwhelming day with all the support you have offered.
i have responded to the member 'nathang12' who has posted on here expressing interest so we will see how they feel after they have asked all their questions etc...

liz... i have not recieved your pm yet?  what time did you send it?

thanks again people, i will check back in the morning.

Hi Emily , PM befor I posted :blink: so dont know why you didnt get it .

I really hope every thing goes ok with 2Nathang12 . But PLEASE Pm me

and I will ring you . I havent got your No on my file :oops: :luck: :luck: Hun

hughes0 said:
Nicola, i will let the breeder know, however the two must go together and i am almost sure she will not be in a position to take the male dog.  so thats that.

The breeder may not be in position to take both but may have waiting list of people wanting pup. You should let her know as soon as possible.

:luck: :luck: :luck: Hope Angus & Lesley Green will be the right people to offer your dogs new home :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear you are having problems. :( Good luck with finding the perfect home for your two whippets. :luck: :luck:

Seraphina said:
hughes0 said:
Nicola, i will let the breeder know, however the two must go together and i am almost sure she will not be in a position to take the male dog.  so thats that.

The breeder may not be in position to take both but may have waiting list of people wanting pup. You should let her know as soon as possible.

:luck: :luck: :luck: Hope Angus & Lesley Green will be the right people to offer your dogs new home :)

I Have, thanks. she has posted above your post.

the dogs are to go together.

Update to everyone... i am in talks with angus and lesley and it will be perfect if they feel that the dogs are right for them and we feel they are right for the dogs.

thanks everyone for your support.

Thats great news hope everything works out for the best. :luck: to all conderned.

Hope you all get the "happy ending" that you deserve for your dogs. :thumbsup: :luck:

All the very best.

pixi_and_jake_relaxed1.jpgpixi_and_jake_sparco.jpgHi All,

Just a quick update. Emily and Dom brought Pixi and Jake over to us yesterday. It was really nice to meet both them and our new arrivals. We will be in regular contact with them from now on. Both Pixi and Jake have settled in well with us. Although saying that I failed to get my extra hour in bed this morning,Pixi dont do clock changing!!!. Very funny. They have been out and about on long walks getting used the the countryside around us. I have taken a couple of pictures. Hope everyone likes them.

Regards

Angus

Pixie and Jake look very settled. I'm so pleased for you all with this happy outcome. I hope you are not having the awful rain that we are having today, a bit of a walk curtailer for us but Pixie and Jake seemed to have it sussed sleeping in front of the television just like my two are. :thumbsup:

Jenny

thanks for the piccies Angus, they look great... really relaxed and happy.

We would like to extend a great big thankyou to everyone that helped with this rehoming. your support was so very greatfully received and appreciated.

I felt calm walking away from Jake and Pixie yesterday, knowing what good hands they are now in, and with some words of kindness from Lizzyb too (pixies breeder), i know i have made the right decision for my dogs.

We will all miss them terribly as a family and wish them well with their new family. They brought nothing but joy to us all and really are special little dogs with so much love to give.

To the moderators... this site is invaluable to dog owners like me that find themselves in such a situation as it provides links to years of combined knowledge and so much support, keep up the good work :cheers:

signing out now, but i will pop by sometimes to look at piccies of all your lovely dogs, especially those little pudding pups you all breed so well. thankyou once again and good luck to you all. :luck:

so glad everything has turned out well :thumbsup:

Back