The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Please,please Help Me Find A Whippet!!!

keane

Registered
Reaction score
I have been looking for a whippet bitch to have as a pet for 6 months now, i am fairly new to this site and i have posted a topic on this subject before, but i cant seem to find a whippet bitch anywhere. Id like to have a bitch who is pref. over a year old as i have an 18 month old toddler, we are always at home and ready for some lovely long walks and a nice cosy fire awaits!! I have scanned the papers weekly but they are few and far between or miles and miles away. Some are even asking for £500 which i just havent got.

Im from the Portsmouth area (far south!) and have been brought up with greyhounds as my dad used to train them for years and years, but i just cant find a whippet bitch. I'd ideally love a white bitch but dont hear of many, are they just un-common or are all whippets over a year in general like gold dust???

Thanks all!

Sarah.x

Hi Sarah

Have you tried the Whippet Rescue? I don't have the tel no to hand, but will PM you the number of Sandra Moynihan, who is one of the rescue's helpers, and the only number I have handy. Someone else might post you the number for Linda Jones, who I think is the main lady who deals with rehoming???

I hope you find a white bitch. I have a white and cream bitch, but we call her "the little white bitch", but she's not really, she's really cute! I have had a white bitch before, and she was really special.

The problem on this forum is that most of us have whippets, but none to part with! Finding one about a year old is more difficult than finding a puppy really.

Anyway, I wish you luck, and well done for picking a whippet - the best choice there is!

June

Wish I could help, but to inspire you in you search for a white bitch here is my love Nana:

nana_and_curtain.JPG

Nana_portrait.JPG

Hi - I do know of a lady who is selling her white bitch (I've tried to persuade my Mum and Dad it's what they need in their lives but Dads being really stubborn) she was offered to me just after Christmas if you're interested pm me and I'll give you some details, apparently she is being advertised on Wednesday in our local paper, the lady is in not far from me in the Kent area. thanks

keane said:
I have been looking for a whippet bitch to have as a pet for 6 months now, i am fairly new to this site and i have posted a topic on this subject before, but i cant seem to find a whippet bitch anywhere. Id like to have a bitch who is pref. over a year old as i have an 18 month old toddler, we are always at home and ready for some lovely long walks and a nice cosy fire awaits!! I have scanned the papers weekly but they are few and far between or miles and miles away. Some are even asking for £500 which i just havent got.Im from the Portsmouth area (far south!) and have been brought up with greyhounds as my dad used to train them for years and years, but i just cant find a whippet bitch. I'd ideally love a white bitch but dont hear of many, are they just un-common or are all whippets over a year in general like gold dust???

Thanks all!

Sarah.x

hello! try looking at the freeads.net everyday! i got my chocolate whippet bitch puppy from www.epupz.co.uk there are always ads on there! or try jr whippet rescue not far from us as i live in waterlooville in portsmouth as well i know a few people who are selling whippet bitches but there pups:S i keep an eye out 4 you! good luck dayna x

Crystal said:
Hi - I do know of a lady who is selling her white bitch (I've tried to persuade my Mum and Dad it's what they need in their lives but Dads being really stubborn) she was offered to me just after Christmas if you're interested pm me and I'll give you some details, apparently she is being advertised on Wednesday in our local paper, the lady is in not far from me in the Kent area. thanks

Thanks, that would be great! If you could let me know details age, cost etc.. !!!

my no. is (07876) 504005.

Sarah.x

Thank you to all, you have been a great help! Its a tough search, but i will post piccies as soon as i get my little whippy!!

If anyone else has any info please give me a bell on (07876) 504005 for me to find a white whippet as a pet!

Kind regards,

sarah.x

joanna's link - phoebe the whippet x is lovely. :thumbsup:

Good Luck :luck: with your search for a white whippet. :luck: :luck:

My first whippet was all white with a little fawn eyepatch. She was almost 16 when she left us.

LadyJ.

heres an old picture of her (taken in 1972)

Fluff_Lady_K9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
All piccies posted are beautiful! Thanks!! Can't wait to have a white whippet of my own to spoil and give lots of love and attention to!

White whippets do seem hard to come by, especially over a year old, hopefully some of your replies may lead me to finding a suitable one!

Can anyone give me any info on jr whippet rescue? I have been advised to try there?

Many thanks,

Sarah.x

My search in a white whippy continues!!!

Love the flock wallpaper Janis, i wonder if it will come back? :- "

Why dont you just go with a puppy, then you can train her from the start and if your home with the baby all day anyway it will be much easier and they will grow up together.....

And you will prob have better luck finding one..

Anyhow good luck in your search

Lolcoe said:
Love the flock wallpaper Janis, i wonder if it will come back? :- "

:lol: :lol: that did belong to mum and dad Denise, :lol: she still loves red wallpaper now :- "

Last edited by a moderator:
My daughter is not your average toddler! Shes a very actice girl and does not understand babies or puppies yet and she is better with older children and animals around her. She wouldn't appreciate a puppy in our lives whereas an older dog she would take notice of and love and enjoy. She loves our racing greyhound, but takes no notice of babies ( tried and tested with other peoples pets and new babies!!) Hence why im after an older dog and not looking for a puppy, or having another baby for that matter!!!!!!

Keira does look adorable, but i think she will be too big for us, i have kindly been given a few contact numbers to chase up, but otherwise no luck so far on the white-whippet hunt!

They really are like gold dust!!!

Back