The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Oto's Daughter Molly

beaker

*blackaholic* with contagious whippetitus
Registered
Reaction score
Poor Molly has been attacked by a bull terrier and it has made a right mess of her, :rant:

at first the vet thought that it had punctured her lung but fortunately (if thats the right word) she just had air under the muscle, the scar is going to be really unsightly, what is it about whippets that seem to enrage certain dogs and why can't owners be more bloody responsible when they know there dogs are a risk :angry:

P9240021.JPG

OMG all the best on a speedy recovery from me and Peony....

hugs and cuddles (very gently of course)

:( :( :( speedy recovery.

is there any chance of getting a prosecution? people and dogs like this give everyone a bad name :rant:

:luck: poor little darling ,,, best wishes on a speedy recovery :huggles:

i think its time the law started changing !!!

not getting at bull breeds as i know some lovely ones ,, just out of controll dogs in general and responsible dog ownership .

too many attacks have been posted on here lately so imagine how many actually happen in the rest of the world !

Hi,

I wish poor Molly a speedy recovery!!

We have been attacked a few weeks ago, i cant believe how stupid some people are :rant:

Hope she is soon better, would be worth reporting if you can,

sunny said:
Hi,
I wish poor Molly a speedy recovery!!

We have been attacked a few weeks ago, i cant believe how stupid some people are :rant:

Hope she is soon better, would be worth reporting if you can,

Oh the poor girl! I hope she recovers well, and isn't too sore. They say arnica helps with the bruising *hugs*

I have to confess, whilst I've heard of lovely staffies and bullies around here the only ones are untrained and thugs, so if I see one - invariably off lead - I steer WELL clear. Shame owners don't have to take tests in commonsense before being allowed dogs! :- "

Poor little love, needs lots and lots of :huggles: :huggles: :huggles:

Oh poor little baby. That looks really sore. I agree, Arnica helps with the bruising, give her a :wub: .

awwww poor little molly hopes she makes a full and speedy recovery :huggles:

oh poor Molly :(

i think its time the law started changing !!!
not getting at bull breeds as i know some lovely ones ,, just out of controll dogs in general and responsible dog ownership .

too many attacks have been posted on here lately so imagine how many actually happen in the rest of the world !
I agree. What have the police said, Beaker? :(

:huggles: :huggles: :huggles:

from us all hope she`s feeling better soon

OMG how awful poor Molly

Hope she soon makes a speedy recovery Becka :wub: :luck:

Oh God - poor Mollie :huggles: :huggles: :luck: hope she recovers well :luck: :luck: My last dog previous to Kobi and Oscar was attacked by a staffy and His lung WAS punctured and he had a similar scar to Mollies - 17 stitches across the ribcage - He did recover from the incident but it was the punctured lung that caused most discomfort and also problems later on, this has brought it all back - such an aweful experience - stupid bloody owners I blame. :rant: :rant: :rant:

Sorry forgot to mention he also had 4 ribs wired together in the operation - has Mollie any broken ribs ???

Good Luck for Mollie :luck: :luck: :luck:

(Beccie - also Chip didnt have a scar afterwards - you could hardly see it when the hair grew back :thumbsup: )

Last edited by a moderator:
Janimal said:
Oh God - poor Mollie  :huggles:   :huggles:   :luck:   hope she recovers well :luck:   :luck:   My last dog previous to Kobi and Oscar was attacked by a staffy and His lung WAS punctured and he had a similar scar to Mollies - 17 stitches across the ribcage - He did recover from the incident but it was the punctured lung that caused most discomfort and also problems later on, this has brought it all back - such an aweful experience - stupid bloody owners I blame. :rant:   :rant:   :rant:
Sorry forgot to mention he also had 4 ribs wired together in the operation - has Mollie any broken ribs ???

Good Luck for Mollie  :luck:   :luck:   :luck:

that is truly awful! i know staffies have bad reps, but mine are good. its those people who want 'hard' dogs. i've seen dobes, rotties, g.s.d's ruined by their upbringing. WHAT were the breeders THINKING in selling puppies to such obviously unsuitable 'people'?! i didnt look for a hard dog, i just saw this tiny bundle and fell in love.

No Lalena Im not saying all Staffys are the same :huggles: - it was a rescue dog and had a very bad background but had never got over the aggression - it had got out by mistake that day. :( and it just happened to be us that met him first . (w00t)

I do meet 2 staffies now on my walks and they are fine with Oscar and Kobi - it has helped with the pain of Chip. :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
:( :( i wish there were tougher laws for owners. i know everyone on this site would be happier if all bad owners were made to pay for their mistreatment. instead, its the animal who suffers while the owners get away with it. who enforces the 'cannot own an animal for 10yrs' anyway? :( :(

beaker said:
Poor Molly has been attacked by a bull terrier and it has made a right mess of her, :rant: at first the vet thought that it had punctured her lung but fortunately (if thats the right word) she just had air under the muscle, the scar is going to be really unsightly, what is it about whippets that seem to enrage certain dogs and why can't owners be more bloody responsible when they know there dogs are a risk  :angry:

Sorry to hear about that Becca! :(

I like staffy's, i know quite a few and they love to have a tumble around whith my lot, but i would always be super wary of one i met that i didn't know,

the one that went for Molly was an English BT though.

I think there must be something in the air at the moment as i heard that Owens brother Obi was attacked by a GSD last week and needed stitches in his neck/shoulder, it's owner was mortified about what her dog had done and has offered to take responsibility, though i think it was a case of the dog just being taken by supprise by another dog apearing suddenly from round the corner and just reacted badly.

I think Molly will make a full recovery, she was lucky that it was all skin and muscle damage and not her ribs or lung, it could have been so different. I think her mum Carol is more traumatised than she is, Molly is her little baby. probably a couple double brandy's needed now :- "

I will know more when she has been back to the vets on Monday

Back