The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Oto's Daughter Molly

Poor girl, hope she recovers soon, sure she will :luck:

Poor Molly :( :(

Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery :luck: :luck: :luck:

OMG How awful for poor Molly, sending lots of :huggles: for a speedy recovery :luck: :luck: :luck:

Julie

Hope Molly is ok :luck:

Our dog got a nip on the nose from a staffy cross on Xmas day; just putting his lead on to exit the park and it ran straight up without warning and bit him on the nose. The people didn't apologise, chastise the dog or anything. :rant:

There are a lot of people around with guarding breeds that seem to revel in their dogs' hardness and aggression. I've had unsolicited comments like 'my dog's going to kill yours'; 'your dog's a poof' quite frequently from owners of dogs with squashed faces. With attitudes like that it's not surprising that the dogs pick up signals that aggressive behaviour is fine.

Also, some people don't really seem to be able to read their dogs body language correctly, like the lady who was just extolling the sweet nature of her boxer as 'a complete softy', while it's hackles were right up and just before it tried to attack.

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG,that's awful,poor Molly :(

I agree that giving her arnica will help speed up the recovery process,& if she tries to "worry" the wound too much,put some lavender oil on it,she won't like the taste & it's very soothing. :thumbsup:

the lavender tip sounds good :thumbsup:

Is the lavender oil pure or do you dilute it? and do you put it around the site or directly on it?

cheers, becka :huggles:

Really sorry to hear the bad news. Poor Molly and her mum, please pass on our best wishes and lots of love and gentle hugs please Becky.

Someone (sorry can't remember who) said about breeders selling a dog to owners like that - well round here we have literally dozens of staffies, it seems that every staffy bitch has a litter every season, by the time they are 4 they have really saggy boobs and enormous teats. They are sold for £150 - no papers. The poor things are owned by scum and are just money making items. Most of the pups are sold on to people of the same ilk. Very few of them have a collar or lead on.

The bull breeds are particularly dangerous dogs IN THE WRONG HANDS - and so many of them are.

I hope Molly makes a speedy recovery and doesn't have any long term effects from this awful attack.

jools said:
Really sorry to hear the bad news. Poor Molly and her mum, please pass on our best wishes and lots of love and gentle hugs please Becky.
Someone (sorry can't remember who) said about breeders selling a dog to owners like that - well round here we have literally dozens of staffies, it seems that every staffy bitch  has a litter every season, by the time they are 4 they have really saggy boobs and enormous teats. They are sold for £150 - no papers. The poor things are owned by scum and are just money making items. Most of the pups are sold on to people of the same ilk. Very few of them have a collar or lead on.

The bull breeds are particularly dangerous dogs IN THE WRONG HANDS - and so many of them are.

I hope Molly makes a speedy recovery and doesn't have any long term effects from this awful attack.

dont live in slough do you? i do, and its exactly like that here. one bloke breeds his girls from their first liiter, then every season until they drop. then he dumps them at rspca as strays :rant: :rant:

some people are such sh*ts :rant:

:huggles: :huggles: so sorry to hear about Molly :( poor love :huggles: :huggles: Hope shes feeling better soon :huggles:

More good luck wishes from us to Molly. :huggles: :luck:

Tell her owner to have a large glass of wine, and give Molly an extra large pigs ear.

Glad that she'll recover and fingers crossed the scar is not too bad. If she was a show dog that might have ended her career. The owners of these dogs should be accountable.

I do like staffies and EBT's but it does annoy me when people own them as macho symbols. (Forgive the sweeping generalisation here but it' ususally small or weedy men) We've just had a tiny man with a nutty boxer here this weekend which he didnt think needed to kept on a lead and should be allowed to terrify customers and bowl over other dogs. :angry:

When we first got Vader he was regularly terrorised by an out of control boxer....owned by a weedy man........

Poor Molly, that wound looks quite big.

Hope she makes a good recovery from such a horrendous bite.

Looks like her attacker meant business.

I agree with Rae this minority is unfairly giving most bull terrier types a really bad reputation.

It makes me so cross that low lifes get hold of their so called macho dogs to boost their own egos. They think an ugly aggressive dog makes them look so hard. In fact to most people they just look proper tw**s.

:luck: to Molly, hoping she soon bounces back

beaker said:
I like staffy's, i know quite a few and they love to have a tumble around whith my lot, but i would always be super wary of one i met that i didn't know,

the one that went for Molly was an English BT though.

I think there must be something in the air at the moment as i heard that Owens brother Obi was attacked by a GSD last week and needed stitches in his neck/shoulder, it's owner was mortified about what her dog had done and has offered to take responsibility, though i think it was a case of the dog just being taken by supprise by another dog apearing suddenly from round the corner and just reacted badly.

I think Molly will make a full recovery, she was lucky that it was all skin and muscle damage and not her ribs or lung, it could have been so different. I think her mum Carol is more traumatised than she is, Molly is her little baby. probably a couple double brandy's needed now :- "

I will know more when she has been back to the vets on Monday

Poor little soul, give her a gentle hug from me & poor YOU!! Must have been a dreadful shock, i know i would have been absolutely hysterical. Have a LARGE one, chill out & steady your nerves. Nina

dont live in slough do you? i do, and its exactly like that here. one bloke breeds his girls from their first liiter, then every season until they drop. then he dumps them at rspca as strays :rant:   :rant:

Blimey Lalena we are nearly neighbours, i live just down the road from you & know exactly where you are coming from, we have the morons here, what is it with this area???? Then you have the "sites"!!!

Think we would be best off moving dont you??? Nina

nina said:
dont live in slough do you? i do, and its exactly like that here. one bloke breeds his girls from their first liiter, then every season until they drop. then he dumps them at rspca as strays :rant:   :rant:

Blimey Lalena we are nearly neighbours, i live just down the road from you & know exactly where you are coming from, we have the morons here, what is it with this area???? Then you have the "sites"!!!

Think we would be best off moving dont you??? Nina

whereabouts are you, nina?

ps, love to move but house prices these days...

beaker said:
the lavender tip sounds good  :thumbsup: Is the lavender oil pure or do you dilute it? and do you put it around the site or directly on it?

cheers, becka  :huggles:

You can use neat oil directly onto the wound,it really does speed up the healing process & it won't sting,but do get a good quality one :thumbsup:

:huggles: For Molly hopes she gets better soon. :luck:

Is it just me Becky but you don't seem to be having much luck at the moment what with Oto and the husky Otis and his muscles and all the other damage he did to himself the other week and now Molly is attached as well so we are sending you lots of :luck: :luck: :luck: for you and all your gang to try to help out

See you soon

Helen and all my lot

whereabouts are you, nina?ps, love to move but house prices these days...

W. Drayton!!!! Tell me about it, i would be out of here tomorrow if i had the money.

I cant even walk the dogs around here for fear of then being seen as all hounds, i have to drive out.

Had 2 of the IG's stolen from my car when i first moved here, not an experience i would EVER like to go through again i can tell you. Had to pay a large sum to get them back from one of the sites & the appalling condition they were in, they'd only been gone 24hrs!!

It's a shame cos where we are is real quiet & lovely neighbours BUT "sites" in all directions & they are always touring around on the look out.

Our house is like Fort Knox!

There is a council estate down the road & we are forever rescuing stray lurchers, staffies etc, we know the dog warden personally now!!

Nina

very sorry to hear about poor Molly,hope she gets bettter soon :huggles: :huggles:

nina said:
whereabouts are you, nina?ps, love to move but house prices these days...

W. Drayton!!!! Tell me about it, i would be out of here tomorrow if i had the money.

I cant even walk the dogs around here for fear of then being seen as all hounds, i have to drive out.

Had 2 of the IG's stolen from my car when i first moved here, not an experience i would EVER like to go through again i can tell you. Had to pay a large sum to get them back from one of the sites & the appalling condition they were in, they'd only been gone 24hrs!!

It's a shame cos where we are is real quiet & lovely neighbours BUT "sites" in all directions & they are always touring around on the look out.

Our house is like Fort Knox!

There is a council estate down the road & we are forever rescuing stray lurchers, staffies etc, we know the dog warden personally now!!

Nina

god, it is awful around this way. when we 1st got amber, my oh took her for a walk and was followed by a group of men. after that we couldnt walk her here. until we got our own car, we had to cadge lifts with other people, meaning she couldnt go out more than twice a week :(

at least you can verify when i say we have a lot of scum in slough! your end must get a lot of travellers, what with having iver, datchet etc on your doorstep. a friend of mine said its good to get in with them as they'd look out for you, but, yes, the dog would get nicked?!

Back