The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Oh No. What Have I Done?

You have certainly done the right thing in buying this poor little mite - I am sure no-one on K9 could have left her in that awful condition. :(

I hope she makes a full recovery and is back with you soon. :luck: :luck: She looks such a sweet little girl. :wub: :wub: :wub:

Well done for rescuing her- she's so incredibly beautiful but looks so terribly sad, dreadful that a 5 month old puppy should know such misery.

OMG!! well done you for taking her i would have too i would seriously consider calling the rspca though as those scum bags should never be able to own another dog :( :rant:

vs1 said:
I thought about reporting the people we bought her off but they said they were selling her on behalf of their friend who was going through a messy divorce.  I didn't see their other dogs as they were outside but they seemed like nice genuine people trying to get her a nice home and I just don't think they realised how ill she was. 
However messy the divorce the pup shouldn't have been

allowed to get in this state :(

And genuine or not they must have been able to she was

in trouble :unsure:

I think they all should be reported :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
AnnSa said:
vs1 said:
I thought about reporting the people we bought her off but they said they were selling her on behalf of their friend who was going through a messy divorce.  I didn't see their other dogs as they were outside but they seemed like nice genuine people trying to get her a nice home and I just don't think they realised how ill she was. 
However messy the divorce the pup shouldn't have been

allowed to get in this state :(

And genuine or not they must have been able to she was

in trouble :unsure:

I think they all should be reported :angry:

im with you ann thats just no excuse you can see what state she is in poor mite :( if they were having problems they should have rehomed her before she got to that state and she is only 5 months old its awful :'(

Last edited by a moderator:
Bless her little heart :wub:

I'm also pleased that you got her out of there :huggles: Hopefully with lots of loving & TLC she will make a perfect pet for you.

I can't understand how anyone could neglect any animal like that, they make me so mad. :rant: :rant: :rant:

Good luck with her :luck: :luck: :luck:

omg im in shock,how can people watch a dog starve to death :rant: :rant: :rant:

so pleased you didnt walk away,well done to you :huggles: and hope chloe is feeling better soon poor baby :wub: :huggles:

Thank heavens you bought her Vicky ....... the thought of that poor little girl being treated so cruelly is unbearable :( :rant: :rant:

If there is any way you can report them I think you should ..... something has got to be done about these inhumane morons who "keep" dogs :rant: :rant:

I'm sure Chloe will flourish now you have her, but it will take time :thumbsup:

:luck: :luck: and :wub: :wub: and :huggles: :huggles: for you and Chloe :D

Still no news from the vet :( I'm hoping no news is good news.

Vicky

x

jeeez,i cant believe how thin and dehydrated that pup is and shes still alive. :( first of all id phone these people up and tell them exactly whats gone on, that youre incurring vets bills within 24 hours of getting this pup and that you expect them to pay for her treatment.then id scare them by telling them the vets gone mad at the states shes in and that this pup has suffered long time neglect and starvation to get tinto this state and that he thinks a prosecution is called for and that youre thinking of getting in touch with the rspca.but if they pay the vets bill you might let it drop.(at least you might get some of your money back) :thumbsup:

i think we may as well all get used to this sort of thing happening to whippets now and in the future.theres TOO MANY BEING BRED and not by responsible caring breeders and theres not enough good homes out there for the ones being bred so a lot are going to end up being neglected.i know the answer if noone else here does.but i wont be liked for saying it. ;) STOP BREEDING!

Hi

Why dont you give the vet a phone. I certanily would not be happy leaving my dog at 9 in the morning and not knowing how she was. You are paying the bill after all.

Hope its good news :luck: , Im sure though they would of contacted you if she had gone down at all.

Wendy

poor little mite :rant: :rant: thank goodness you have her , cant wait to see pics of her back to full health , well done again :huggles:

She is a sweet little girl I hope she is better very soon.

Well done to you for giving her a safe and loving home. :huggles:

I just rang the vets and they were really helpful. Chloe is doing ok. She hasn't eaten anything but she hasn't been sick or had diarrhea (how do you spell that!?) since they checked her in which is great, so the fluids are staying in. Apparently none of their charges in the hospital tonight will eat normal dog food so the vet nurse is busy cooking them some chicken to see if they can tempt her with that. They have promised to call me tomorrow morning with another update. I really hope they can get her to eat something. Her poor tummy must be aching.

Fingers crossed that tomorrow's update is more promising.

Thanks again to everyone for their support today. You have really helped reduce the stress of the situation :huggles:

Vicky

x

kris said:
jeeez,i cant believe how thin and dehydrated that pup is and shes still alive. :( first of all id phone these people up and tell them exactly whats gone on, that youre incurring vets bills within  24 hours of getting this pup and that you expect them to pay for her treatment.then id scare them by telling them the vets gone mad at the states  shes in and that this pup has suffered long time neglect and starvation to get tinto this state and that he thinks a prosecution is called for and that youre thinking of getting in touch with the rspca.but if they pay the vets bill you might let it drop.(at least you might get some of your money back) :thumbsup: i think we may as well all get used to this sort of thing happening to whippets now and in the future.theres TOO MANY BEING BRED and not by responsible caring breeders and theres not enough good homes out there for the ones being bred so a lot are going to end up being neglected.i know the answer if noone else here does.but i wont be liked for saying it. ;) STOP BREEDING!

Totally agree :thumbsup:

vs1 said:
I just rang the vets and they were really helpful.  Chloe is doing ok.  She hasn't eaten anything but she hasn't been sick or had diarrhea (how do you spell that!?) since they checked her in which is great, so the fluids are staying in.  Apparently none of their charges in the hospital tonight will eat normal dog food so the vet nurse is busy cooking them some chicken to see if they can tempt her with that.  They have promised to call me tomorrow morning with another update.  I really hope they can get her to eat something.  Her poor tummy must be aching.Fingers crossed that tomorrow's update is more promising.

Thanks again to everyone for their support today.  You have really helped reduce the stress of the situation :huggles:

Vicky

x

Hopefully a little chicken will tempt her :) At least there has been no more diaorhea or sickness. Poor little might. Hope tomorrows update is positive :huggles:

She is going to be so beautiful when you get her right she has lovely bone and looks a nice pup dispite her terrible condition.

Even if she is not KC her breeder would probably be shocked at what has become of her.

She may not feel like eating just yet as her poor tummy may need some time to settle down but she is on her drip so hopefully by the morning she will feel much better :thumbsup:

I was in tears seeing those pictures of Chloe how can anyone let a dog get into that state. Even if those people were selling her for someone else surely the could see at a glance her condition, there is no excuse for starving and animal of food and water. Well done you on taking her I would have done exactly the same. Healing thoughts to little Chloe and all the very best for her future. Please keep us updated. :wub: Nora

whippetwise said:
kris said:
jeeez,i cant believe how thin and dehydrated that pup is and shes still alive. :( first of all id phone these people up and tell them exactly whats gone on, that youre incurring vets bills within  24 hours of getting this pup and that you expect them to pay for her treatment.then id scare them by telling them the vets gone mad at the states  shes in and that this pup has suffered long time neglect and starvation to get tinto this state and that he thinks a prosecution is called for and that youre thinking of getting in touch with the rspca.but if they pay the vets bill you might let it drop.(at least you might get some of your money back) :thumbsup: i think we may as well all get used to this sort of thing happening to whippets now and in the future.theres TOO MANY BEING BRED and not by responsible caring breeders and theres not enough good homes out there for the ones being bred so a lot are going to end up being neglected.i know the answer if noone else here does.but i wont be liked for saying it. ;) STOP BREEDING!

Totally agree :thumbsup:

Totally agree too!!

:luck: Good luck beautiful Chloe for a speedy recovery. You did what any of us would have done in taking her home. :huggles:

How could anyone let an innocent pup get into that state :rant:

We had a similar situation when we bought out first italian greyhound (this was in Australia). The pup we bought was thin and we were told he was a fussy eater when we first saw him. When we went to pick him up he was so frail and emaciated he looked like a baby kangaroo. :( We had been sold a sick dog and it took a few months to get him well. He had a stubborn bacteria in his gut from drinking unclean water :rant: that took a few rounds of strong ABs to get rid of. He needed a bland diet for a few months. But we got him back to perfect health, as you will with Chloe.

She is so beautiful and still so young that she can hopefully put all this behind her and start a happy new life in her wonderful new home :huggles: :wub:

Good luck and keep us posted :thumbsup: :luck:

Back