The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Oh No. What Have I Done?

Poor wee mite... well done for getting her out of there. I agree with everyone else the previous 'owners' should be reported :rant: :rant:

Well done to you for taking her on :thumbsup: i can,t blame you for not leaving her there,god knows how worst she will get and they oblivious don't care a dam about her :angry: :angry: I would of threatening them a bit(which is easy said then done)all they are intrested is the pounds signs :rant: :rant:

Good luck at the vets and are she will be ok :luck: :luck:

Just got back from the vets. Had to leave Chloe with them :( She is now on a drip which is a bit scary but the vet thinks she will be a new puppy after a weekend on a drip and some antibiotics and is confident we can get her well again. :thumbsup: Vet bill estimate is £250! I'm just so happy she is gonna be ok, I'd have paid 2 grand if I'd had to. Needless to say she is now insured. I was honest about everything and the only thing they won't cover in future is dehydration (which won't happen now she's with me). Phew, so relieved she is getting sorted now.

I thought about reporting the people we bought her off but they said they were selling her on behalf of their friend who was going through a messy divorce. I didn't see their other dogs as they were outside but they seemed like nice genuine people trying to get her a nice home and I just don't think they realised how ill she was. I didn't meet the bloke who'd got her into the awful state and don't want to get the wrong people in trouble. It's not like it was a breeding set up or anything she was a one off. I'm just so happy that the vet thinks she will be ok. I'm now going to clean out the car which is full of dog sick! :x :D

Vicky

x

good on you for taking her, i think she's stunning! :wub: :wub: :wub: I love the solid coloured whippets and here you don't see many. I'm glad she's going to be ok for you. your a real sweetheart o:) for giving her another chance at a good life! :wub: :wub: :wub: :luck:

omg poor little girl glad she is going to be ok. my helen is only a month older than chloe but about 3 times the size good luck with her :wub: :wub: :huggles:

aww the poor girl. I couldn't have left her there either. At least the vet said she is going to be ok. Now she can lead a long and happy life with you and her new friend Busta :huggles:

OMG, poor little baby... you have done the right thing hun... she looks so scared, I'd hate to thin what she has gone through.... I hope with your love she will get better soon.

What a sweetheart :huggles:

I'd string up her old owners... what on earth have they been doing? :rant:

This is getting to be a real habit on here...what on earth is happening to our beloved breed!!!! :eek: :eek: As someone else mentioned in the past two weeks there have been more cases of unwanted/neglected whippets highlighted on K9 than I have seen in a long time,it does make you think of a topic that was on here not that long ago regarding the popularity of whippets rising dramatically and unfortunately to coincide with that we have the "puppy peddlars" who jump on the bandwagon after seeing a sure fire way to making a few fast and easy bucks! :angry: :angry:

It is appalling to see youngsters in this condition but at least she is now one of the lucky ones and will make a full recovery and be a devoted companion for you & Busta. :huggles:

All the very best with her :luck: and keep us posted,she does look totally adorable :wub:

How on earth can anyone let a dog get to this state... :rant: shocking...

You are an absolute star for taking her on, and Im sure after a few weeks with you she will look a different dog.. :huggles: Thank goodness for people like you.. :thumbsup:

Good luck to the gorgeous girl... :luck: :luck:

Chloe is so beautiful :)) so they have put her on a drip to re-hydrate and she will really fine please God :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

£250.00 vet fees so far?

i want to send you some money towards this :thumbsup:

It is worth contacting the RSPCA anyway and see if they can give you any help towards the vets fees as she is basically a rescued dog, and sometimes they have a fund to help people in your situation. Good luck with her, she will feel a whole heap better when she is rehydrated. :luck: :huggles:

Congratulation on your new addition :huggles: It really sickens me how people can get away with this. Is she kc registered?

Awww she is gorgeous :wub: What a poor wee soul to have been left in such a sad, sorry state :rant: Imagine if she had been left like this for a few weeks longer, without you coming to the rescue :(

Keep us up to date on her recovery with loads of pics :) I'm sure with all your TLC she'll get back to good health quickly :luck:

Oh my what a sad little face, thank god you came and took her,

I could not have left her there. In fact I have done the same in the past even tho the dog I rescued was in good condition.

I am praying and sending healing thoughts

Thanks to all you lovely K9ers for the support and kind offers of help. It's horrible just being at home and waiting for the vet to phone.

She's not KC reg so there's no way I can think of to trace her back. They told me she was 'Laguna lines' and originally purchased somewhere in Wales but that's all I know. I think the best thing is just to look to the future. I can't wait to have her home and start feeding her up! She really deserves a second chance and I just hope the vet can get her started on the road to recovery.

Vicky

x

I don't know about "Oh no, what have I done" Vicky - what you've done is brilliant, and hopefully she will be back home with you very soon, and be a perfect friend for Busta.

I hope she doesn't have a medical condition that's causing her problems though.

She reminds me of my first whippet - she was blue and full of fleas when I got her. I have never seen so many fleas on one dog, and she was only a tiny little mite.

She will appreciate you so much after having such a poor start in life, and I'm sure she and Busta will be the very best of friends before long :wub: - you certainly won't have the aggression problem you had before - I bet they will be wrapped around each other very soon :huggles: I'll look forward to the pics of them together :thumbsup:

vs1 said:
I saw an advert last night on the internet for a 5 month old whippet bitch puppy and yippee I thought, she could be the perfect new friend for Busta. (w00t)   I somehow persuaded my other half James that Friday nights were perfect for 4 hour round trips to look at dogs, :- "  so off we went.  Well to cut a long story short we bought her....but she is a mess.  So frail, so thin, lethargic and is pooing water, has been sick 3 times (just water) and hasn't eaten or drunk anything.  I felt so sorry for her. I know that's not a good reason for buying a dog but I just couldn't bear to leave her there.  She's such a sweetie.  I'm taking her to the vets at 9am to get her checked out.  I'm just praying she hasn't got anything seriously wrong with her.  I'm such an idiot  :( She has been living in outbuildings on her own with no coat, she was covered in fleas (thank god I had a stock of Frontline!).  Look at the mess in her ears in the pic below.Here she is, her name is Chloe.

DSC01926.jpg

DSC01933.jpg

DSC01923.jpg

Vicky

x

Hi Vicky,

Oh she is such a sweetheart.She sounds like Spike did when we bought him.He was the sickliest out of the litter,and needed a week on a drip.He cost£500 in the first 7 days in vets bills,but be was well worth it.He had gastro,worms,fleas,you name it.Don,t despair,she is in good hands now.

Amandaxx :huggles:

Poor little mite :( Wishing her a very speedy recovery. :wub:

I know at the moment she is poorly & looks to be very timid, but I'm sure with lots of TLC she will be bounding around in no time. :thumbsup:

Congratulations on your new arrival, what a bad start for her :( I'm sure you will have her in tip top condition soon :thumbsup: :huggles:

Back