The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

New Puppy

dolly

THE VERY BLONDE
Registered
Reaction score
just wanted to know if any out there and has had a single pup. Both mother and son are doing ok 10 days old. ANY TIPS !!!!!

Hi Dolly

My bitch had a single pup born by caesarian section but unfortunatley rejected him as she didnt have any milk, so he was totally hand reared.

They do tend to be very greedy singletons and need entertaining as they do not have any litter mates to play and fight with so I am affraid that will be your job :p

Good luck

Do you have any photos??

Last edited by a moderator:
DSC00154_1_2_1.jpgWe had a single bitch pup born May 5, 2004. Had thought our bitch had missed so she came as a surprise. As regards rearing she has been no problem. We were concerned that she would grow to tremendous size but at 10,5 months is 18.5 inches and 22lbs. She has always enjoyed "playing rough" with her grandfather and seems to have survived. The best of luck with yours. One advantage is that you do not have to worry which of the litter to run on. I have had problems sending photos to K9 so will see if I really have mastered this task. Stephen

:D Sounds like the sayings true.......... of every litter of solo pups 75% are Males :thumbsup:

Millie said:
:D   Sounds like the sayings true.......... of every litter of solo pups 75% are Males  :thumbsup:
No picutres yet, Harry is doing fine. Surprised that he is fawn with white trim, both parent are brindles !!!

:D Whats his breeding Dolly ? He'll have a lot of fans on here being fawn :thumbsup:

Millie said:
:D   Whats his breeding Dolly ? He'll have a lot of fans on here being fawn  :thumbsup:
Ch Fullerton Heavenly Mover ex Pipijay Starlight of Scarletfair JW SHcm, as you would expect i was a little shocked when out came a fawn!! But as i have just lost my beautiful Tumblers Scarlet Fair and she was fawn with white trim , iam sure fate had a little hand in somewhere !! :wub: :wub:

Welcome to the board Helen. :D

I am sure Harry will come on just fine.

Sorry to hear of the loss of your old girl and Yes I bet she did have a hand in his colour.

Since we lost 'That' whippet we have noticed her grand daughters and daughters doing things she used to do. It is a comforting feelling knowing that they live on in their offspring. :wub:

Looking forward to seeing photos of Harry, Dolly.

Stephen, I love your little bitch...I think she's really nice. :wub:

Harry's photo (hopefully with his favourite teddy)

Oh Harry look a little darling. :wub: Best of Luck with him :luck:

dolly said:
Millie said:
:D   Sounds like the sayings true.......... of every litter of solo pups 75% are Males  :thumbsup:
No picutres yet, Harry is doing fine. Surprised that he is fawn with white trim, both parent are brindles !!!

That is strange, as brindle is supposed to be recessive, so his genotype should be brindle if both parents are brindles. He couldn't just be very lightly marked? I'd be on the lookout for signs of any stripe(s) as he grows.

He looks very sweet, no matter what colour he turns out to be. :wub:

Ahhhh, he's very sweet :wub: Sorry, I haven't any tips but he looks like he is doing just fine :D

His markings remind me of his Uncle Eddie :D

Welcome to the board :thumbsup:

~JO~ said:
Ahhhh, he's very sweet  :wub:   Sorry, I haven't any tips but he looks like he is doing just fine  :D
His markings remind me of his Uncle Eddie  :D

Welcome to the board  :thumbsup:

8) He is very like is uncle eddie !!! :p

Harry is adorable. He is definitely destined to become a K9 Star.

Welcome to K9

Jenny

Little Harry has brought a tear to my eye with his Teddy. He looks just great and if you imagine never having had litter mates, you wouldn't know what you were missing. I think Harry is going to be one spoilt little boy :wub: :luck:

:wub: He's lovely Helen, bet he's going to be one spoilt little man. :huggles:

Hi Helen

50p adopted a teddy too.

And the above is why he was called 50p :D

Good luck with Harry he looks lovely :luck:

:wub: :wub: :wub: Harry is stunning. :wub: :wub: :wub:

More pics, please. :))

Back