The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

New Bwra Ruling

ups.jpg

JOHN IF YOU NOT SURE JUST LOOK AT ANY DOG ON THE WEBSITE ANY GREYHOUND THAT SHOWS IN THE SECOND LOT IF BOXES IN THIS CASE SILVER LOCKET GRD

IS NOT ABLE TO LINE A GREYHOUND DONT LOOK A THE GREYHONDS PED IGREE THAT WOULD MAKE IT THE THIRD LINE LOL

SO BIGLAND BOY IS A NO

AND MIDNIGHT RUN IS A YES

GARY

MY LETTER IS GOING IN TOMMOROW TO THE BWRA ITS A DISGRACE WHAT IS HAPPENING.ANYTHING BORN OR BRED BEFORE THIS DATE SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO REGISTER WITH THE BWRA.

I would also like to see any litter bred in the last 12/15 months be allowed to be registered with the BWRA, regardless of the % of greyhound in the breeding.Not to allow these offsprings to race is being spiteful. I still agree with to 2 generation gap.

Geoff
i also agree, the bwra has not thought the outcome of there new ruling through enough. the situation needs looking at promptly.........

just wait until a proper lol non ped bred scratch dog goes over 55 and there will be some then there will be a different war cry :b it is time dogs were bred down in size theres a few well over the top so im sure lessons have been learned but all this refusal of litters allready born is NOT the answer april the first would be a good date to set :)
I've never had a problem with the weight of scratch dogs, just the amount of greyhound thats bred into them, stated this a few months ago, and look where it got me (w00t) but I've got broad shoulders :teehee:

gary why keep putting up my pups put your owen up as thay are 7/8

It's not a 2 generation ''gap'', the proposal Marie-Lou put forward that was voted on was for the outcross progeny (i.e. the pup produced) cannot line another greyhound for 2 generations, thus equating a 3 generation ''gap'' as it were.

Like I said previously, to understand this look at the potential sire's pedigree and if the term greyhound is in either of the first 3 columns then it cannot line a pure greyhound.

This is what we all voted on, it was not instigated by the BWRA committee alone.

wasnt aimin it at u geoff :)
I know you wasn't Gaz :thumbsup: I was just being open and honest so no one thinks that I have double standards.

Infact, if this topic starts getting racers falling out with one another I won't be posting again.

writeing this for dave he has phoned the bwra and they have said he can put biglandboy across a ghd and one of the owners of the pups biglandboy + mismatch mini has phoned the bwra and have been told they can register there pup

maybe its because dave isnt called gary :( so if thats true how come stag possesed cant be put over a greyhound now im more confused

im pleased dave can use a greyhound if he wants to ;) just cant understand when gary asked about jake who is same percentige bred that he couldnt

2) Breeders to continue to outcross to greyhounds but after an outcross progeny may not be out crossed to another greyhound for two generations.
Okay Ive been confused since this prop went in ...the way it read to me is

1/ You can breed a greyhound bitch to a whippet dog which has no greyhound blood in it for 2 generation ie... wor john , stag posses, chunky, hellbound etc ... or visa versa greyhound dog to a whippet bitch ...These pups would be okay to register

2/ you could not breed a greyhound to a stud dog that has 1 or 2 generation of greyhound in it ..ie magical dreams , sugar daddy, deneside belle etc

3/ you can not breed a whippet / greyhound to a whippet greyhound because the two generations outcross progeny...ie SUGAR DADDY ( sugar fire x ghd) x MISS TORI( gdh x miss Ellie)

STORM WARRIOR(sugar pace x ghd) x MANDY'S DREAM (ghd x Mandy's dream)

TYE BOUND ( spell bound x ghd) x SUGAR SWEET ( sugar fire x ghd)
Can I point out that Sugar Daddy x Miss Tori pups can be registered with the BWRA, but if Miss Tori or Sugar Daddy was put back to a greyhound, the offspring would be unable to be registered under this new ruling, and I can live with that.
:thumbsup: So can i, but i feel so sorry for the people who have pups that can't. :( Di

2) Breeders to continue to outcross to greyhounds but after an outcross progeny may not be out crossed to another greyhound for two generations.
Okay Ive been confused since this prop went in ...the way it read to me is

1/ You can breed a greyhound bitch to a whippet dog which has no greyhound blood in it for 2 generation ie... wor john , stag posses, chunky, hellbound etc ... or visa versa greyhound dog to a whippet bitch ...These pups would be okay to register

2/ you could not breed a greyhound to a stud dog that has 1 or 2 generation of greyhound in it ..ie magical dreams , sugar daddy, deneside belle etc

3/ you can not breed a whippet / greyhound to a whippet greyhound because the two generations outcross progeny...ie SUGAR DADDY ( sugar fire x ghd) x MISS TORI( gdh x miss Ellie)

STORM WARRIOR(sugar pace x ghd) x MANDY'S DREAM (ghd x Mandy's dream)

TYE BOUND ( spell bound x ghd) x SUGAR SWEET ( sugar fire x ghd)
Can I point out that Sugar Daddy x Miss Tori pups can be registered with the BWRA, but if Miss Tori or Sugar Daddy was put back to a greyhound, the offspring would be unable to be registered under this new ruling, and I can live with that.
YES GEOFF THAT RIGHT AND THAT IS WHY IT IS SO WRONG

YOU CAN PUT A 3/4 CROSS TO A 1/2 CROSS BUT CANT PUT A 1/4 TO A GREYHOUND IT STINKS BUT THERE ARE SOME OUT THERE THAT THINK THATS OK

EXAMPLE

TWO BECOME ONE X GREYHOUND IS A NO AND WOULD CREATE MOST YARD PER POUNDERS AND SOME SCRATCH DOGS

AND

SUGAR DADDY TO MISS TORI OR MANDYS DREAM OR EVEN BAGGERA IS OK AND IS A YES BUT IN MY OPINION WOULD ONLY PRODUCE SRATCH DOGS

SET UP SPRINGS TO MIND

GARY
Sugar Daddy & Miss Tori did not only produce scratch dogs, the biggest in the litter is 48lb & at that has a good few pound to lose still, the dog ive kept is 42lb & the bitch ive kept is the smallest in the litter only weighing in at 27/28lb! & i think the rest of the bitches r under 35lb (not sure about Leia)

am i still able to register my 2 pups as they havnt been registered yet at this stage?? :unsure:

Rose :)

Midnight run is 3 rd generation , but 2 become one is only 2nd as is bigland boy and stag possessed ...

So according to proposal ... nothing with greyhound 2 generations in its breeding can be mated with a greyhound...am i right

Last edited by a moderator:
Midnight run is 3 rd generation , but 2 become one is only 2nd as is bigland boy and stag possessed ...
So according to proposal ... nothing with greyhound 2 generations in its breeding can be mated with a greyhound...am i right
it means cant be mated back to full ghd for two gen rations thats how it works so im told

Last edited by a moderator:
it means cant be mated back to full ghd for two gen rations thats how it works so im told
ill give you an example DENESIDE BELLE COULD BE MATED TO BAGEERHA BUT NEITHER COULD GO BACK TO GHD but if the pups went over 55lb they could not run ;)

this is doing my head in and am starting to wonder what the hell is happening to this sport :rant:

i know chris :p i meant the whole thing in general bring back the good old days wich were not so long ago jesus the bwra dont even have no limit racing anymore

just a quick question ????

is the nnwrf going to be doing the same ?????? and other opens,, club runned

if the answer no,,,,,then whats the point !!!! ???? :unsure:

Back