The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

My whipster got run over!! :-(

Vicky

Maid Your Point
Registered
Reaction score
Poor kit managed to get out of our back garden last night (the wind somehow blew the gate open) & ended up on the road at the front, as soon as i noticed she'd gone we both went looking for her & whilst out a man came & said he'd knocked a dog over :(

Poor girl is very badly cut but doesn't seem to have any broken bones - she got rushed to the nearest emergency vet who sedated her & examined her, she needs one of her knee's pinning (it's right down to the bone) but they wouldn't do it until tomorrow because apparently she needs to get over the accident first - with her being pretty old, so i am going to have her transferred to my own vet tomorrow (under sedation) so she can be operated on, the main thing is she's out of it & is going to live!!

i kept thinking about poor kit last night :( . at least she's gonna be ok.....poor kitkat

sorry to hear bout kit vicky but at least she will be ok she is as tough as old boots

hope she gets better soon

jade and pete

Kevin made me laugh last night, we went to see her & sign consent forms (and you know what kits like with the boys), when the nurse said she'd had morphine, kevin comes out with in the middle of the vets "i bet she thinks it's wonderful, she'll be dreaming of being sh&&&ed" OMG I could have died!

Bless Kit

hope she makes a speedy recovery :)

Poor Kit, thank goodness the driver stopped,and you were already looking for her.

Everyone at Darkstars wishes her a speedy recovery,and Guy says to tell her, stop dreaming about s*x,he'll oblige anytime! :huggles: :wub:

Lyd

Big question did the vet sting you ....some of these vets are so expensive last time we were there ..fullstop c/section it cost just under £300

Errrrm i think it's fair to say YES, but at least i know she needs observation, theyre not just keeping her there for the fun of it.

Arrgh this is when i wish i wasn't on maternity pay lol

Up to this dinner time the bill was £218.

Because the fella who had run her over had already called the police they sent the "petmedics ambulance", that was £37 before we'd even started, then there was the emergency consultation fee of £55, all the rest is for overnight stay & treatment. I'm expecting at least another £70 tomorrow (for tonights stay & treatment) & then whatever my own vet charges me for the operation.....

Never mind the kids will just have to do without food & clothes for a couple of months!

Main thing is she's alive, a lot of dog much younger than her aren't so lucky.

:D Any donations greatfully received lol :D

no scrumpy for you, no skol for kevin no new shoes for robyn and ruby will just have to go without nappies :( hopefully you've put youre family allowence aside for the "male entertainer" :p

Glad she's on the mend, she will soon be home, all the best

mand,daz

how is she today vicky have you heard yet?

Just got back from my own vets

Picked a lovely bill up of £340 from the emergency vets!!

At my own vets she's just been xrayed (no broken bones - what makes me laugh is the emergency vet was talking of pinning her knee & allsorts!) and tomorrow morning she'll be put under GA to be stitched up. She'll be left with some nifty scars, she's got a chunk of skin missing off her back leg muscle about the size of my hand, the vet reckons it might be tricky to stitch back up but other than that he doesn't think there'll be any other problems. She's still in shock & feeling sorry for herself which i suppose is inevitable given her age.

So hopefully i will be able to pick her up tomorrow afternoon.

Oh and in all the comotion i left my handbag at my vets lol just as well i'd spent up!

Last edited by a moderator:
at least kit didnt break anything. poor girl i bet you dont let off the bed now

Bless her ..i did the same Vicky when Blue Goblin had her litter ...Gaz brought car up outside vets at 8am and i carried Lisa into car and then pups in cat box ..when i got home i realized i had left my purse on wall out side the surgery ..i rang vets straight away , lucky it was there

Back