The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Msg From Ron & Wendy Cockerton - Would Like To Express

lurcher lover

Registered
Reaction score
As i'm sure alot of you will already know, Ron & Wendy sadly lost their lovely lurcher "Sonny" in a tragic accident whilst on holiday last Saturday.

Sonny was a fantastic all round dog, great worker, great show dog and an even better racing dog.

He was a credit to Ron & Wendy and the love, devotion and hard work they put into all their dogs clearly shone through in his lovely temperament and the many achievements he brought them.

I have received lots of e-mails/texts/Facebook messages asking me to pass on messages of condolences/sympathy to them, which I have gladly done.

As they don't have access to a PC, they have asked me to post a message to thank everyone for all the kind words and messages of support they've received. They are both heartbroken and are taking great comfort knowing that people care.

If anyone would like to add their comments/pass on their thoughts to Ron & Wendy via this thread, that would also be appreciated, as I can then print these off for them to read at their leisure.

Also, if anyone has any pics of Sonny, would you mind sending them to me. If you PM me, i'll give you my e-mail address.

Lastly, a personal message to Ron & Wendy from me and Ian. You have become great friends to us and have taken Josie under your wing and you treat her like one of your own family. We are truly saddened at your loss and our hearts go out to you both.

Love as always xx

Debs, Ian, Josie & the Gang

RIP Sonny - you will be greatly missed x

Sonny.jpg

My thoughts are with Ron and Wendy, heart felt condolences to them

Rip Sonny

your memories will never fade xxxxxx

Really sad news Deb :( Know exactly how they must be feeling.Please tell them Karen and George with Rodders send them a big hug,and to keep their chins up.Time is a good healer RIP Sonny xx

This is a message i've been asked to post on behalf of John Humphrey's.

..."Devastating news on a dog which I've always considered amazing. I've enjoyed Colt racing against

Sonny and his dad Dillon and I'm really sorry its finished this way. Genuine sympathy to you both

from me. RIP Sonny.

Last edited by a moderator:
We would like to say how sorry we are about Sonny.

Gary and I are sending much love to you both.

RIP Sonny run free

To Ron and Wendy,

me and Sue send our heartfelt sympathy to you both.

We are so sorry to hear of the sudden loss of Sonny, you are both very much in our thoughts.

Hugs to you both

Roger and Sue (Andy's owners)

xx

To Ron and Wendy,

Im really sad to hear the news of Sonny, it was such a pleasure to meet him and Dillion at the Midland last year, we have some really nice pictures of him and Dillion and our Molly his litter sister.

It is a real real shame to lose such a fantastic dog

Our hearts go out to you both on your sad loss

Lucy and Adam

Debs send me your email address and i will share the pictures with you

As i'm sure alot of you will already know, Ron & Wendy sadly lost their lovely lurcher "Sonny" in a tragic accident whilst on holiday last Saturday.
Sonny was a fantastic all round dog, great worker, great show dog and an even better racing dog.

He was a credit to Ron & Wendy and the love, devotion and hard work they put into all their dogs clearly shone through in his lovely temperament and the many achievements he brought them.

I have received lots of e-mails/texts/Facebook messages asking me to pass on messages of condolences/sympathy to them, which I have gladly done.

As they don't have access to a PC, they have asked me to post a message to thank everyone for all the kind words and messages of support they've received. They are both heartbroken and are taking great comfort knowing that people care.

If anyone would like to add their comments/pass on their thoughts to Ron & Wendy via this thread, that would also be appreciated, as I can then print these off for them to read at their leisure.

Also, if anyone has any pics of Sonny, would you mind sending them to me. If you PM me, i'll give you my e-mail address.

Lastly, a personal message to Ron & Wendy from me and Ian. You have become great friends to us and have taken Josie under your wing and you treat her like one of your own family. We are truly saddened at your loss and our hearts go out to you both.

Love as always xx

Debs, Ian, Josie & the Gang

RIP Sonny - you will be greatly missed x

Sonny.jpg
sorry about the loss of sonny thinking of you as ive been there when i lost lil mike from brid

to ron and wendy

we have tried to contact you both but the number we have is unavailable,

we are sooo sorry to hear about sonny,

just to let you know were thinking about you all

love from andy, val, & family xxx

Sorry to hear bout Sonny, could believe what I was hearing when Carol told me.

R.I.P Sonny. xxx

We were so sorry to hear about the tragic loss of Sonny last weekend,he was a truly amazing dog,not just at racing but stunningly handsome in the showring aswell. But above all a much loved pet,Thinking of you both hope you are doing ok.

here he is after winning overs racing at Chatsworth,think you might have took this Deb.

Love and best wishes from Chris,Julie,Joe and Luke xx

2009_0907Chatsworth090013.jpg

2009_0907Chatsworth090013.jpg

Ron and Wendy

We were sorry to hear about you tragic loss of Sonny, he was a credit to you both. It was always a pleasure to see him racing and in the show ring. Our thoughts are with you both at this time.

Love from Robert and Chris (Bonnie's owners)

To Ron and Wendy

Our thoughts and deepest sympathies are sent to you both on the tragic loss of Sonny.

Diane and Mark xx

Owners of Elsie and Dita (half sister of Sonny).

Sorry, I fotgot to say a huge Thank you to all those people who were at the NL&RC at Grimsby last Sunday who contributed to the collection that went round for Ron & Wendy.

I wasn't there as I was poorly, but Carole Branning organised it and has told me they raised £98.00.

Once again - Thank you everyone.

Debs

I was so shocked at the nesw about Sonny on Saturday - I had to get Chris to repeat what he had said .

My thoughts are with Wendy and Ron - I know how much he ment to you .

I will always remember the day Sonny was born it was my birthday and we had family visiting - steff had just started to pup so instead of me sitting in with her we had to just keep nipping outside to the shed to check on her , Sonny was the 4th pup to be born from a litter of 9 and had to be helped out as Steff was struggling to have him .... he was A BIG PUP and as they grew he was the one that would always want to be fussed . At 6 weeks old he went of with Wendy and Ron and had the best home any dog could of wished for .

R I P Sonny you will always be remembered .

Love your mum Steff and your 'little sister' Pop

ron and wendy

im so so sorry about sonny

my thoughts are with you both

rip sonny

cat and the pack

i am so sorry to here this ,my thoughts are with you both ron & wendy,Sonny was a great dog and will be sadly missed

R I P sonny run free over the rainbow bridge and hopefully your met our Lara who we sadly lost 3 weeks ago .

sarah and paul

RAINBOW BRIDGE

Just this side of Heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals that had been ill or old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one of the pets suddenly stops and looks into the distance. The bright eyes are intent; the eager body quivers. Suddenly, he/she begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, her legs carrying her faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life, but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together...

Very sad news, my thoughts are with you both at this sad time. I have some memories of a weekend when Sonny was only a puppy, which I will never forget.

RIP SONNY X

Have already shared with Debs, but for all to see. Picture of the the Handsome Sonny, his other "little" litter sister Molly and father of both Dillon.

Will always treasure this picture, and love the look of admiration on Molly's face looking up at her brother.

RIP big man.

xx

Sonny__Molly_and_Dillon___Midland_2010_1.JPG

Have already shared with Debs, but for all to see. Picture of the the Handsome Sonny, his other "little" litter sister Molly and father of both Dillon.
Will always treasure this picture, and love the look of admiration on Molly's face looking up at her brother.

RIP big man.

xx

View attachment 72477
great pic , thanks for sharing. :wub:

Back