The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Msg From Ron & Wendy Cockerton - Would Like To Express

Hi everyone,

Firstly, thank you very much for the comments and to those of you that have sent me pictures - i'm compiling quite a collection - but the one thing i'm missing is Sonny as a pup. So if anyone has any, please let me know.

Secondly, I have spoken with Ron & Wendy this morning. They have dusted off the laptop and with a little "coaching" they are now registered with K9 and have been able to view your messages.

I think it's fair to say that they are overwhelmed by the support they have received and it really does mean alot to them.

Oh, one last thing - with the money that was raised at Grimsby last week, they have decided to use this to buy a nice casket to have Sonny's ashes put in.

Thank you all once again.

Debs

H Ron & Wendy, it's Josie. I just want to say how very sorry I was to hear about Sonny. I loved him lots and will miss him.

Mum has found this pic of my and Sonny taken last year when we came to Norfolk. It was when we were race training.

Don;t forgot our deal for a big hug when I see you next.

Lots of love

Josie xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

josiensonny.jpg

Ron & wendy we are so sorry to hear of your sad loss, our thoughts are with you. R.I.P Sonny.

Chris & Paddy

to ron and wendywe have tried to contact you both but the number we have is unavailable,

we are sooo sorry to hear about sonny,

just to let you know were thinking about you all

love from andy, val, & family xxx
Hi val, we are now registered with this website cos we were told of all of the nice things people were saying and wanted to read them. Sorry bout the number will get my new one to you xx

Really sad news Deb :( Know exactly how they must be feeling.Please tell them Karen and George with Rodders send them a big hug,and to keep their chins up.Time is a good healer RIP Sonny xx
Hi karen,only just heard bout ur sad loss also, we were away on holiday and as debbie said my computer is stuck in a cupboard and hardly sees day light so I thank you very much for your message and would like to convey the same to you.We go back a long way and I can remember Rodders and Del boy very well from days at drwlc lots of love, wendy and ron

Very sorry to hear of your loss. Sonny was a beautiful dog - we are thinking of you.

Really sad news Deb :( Know exactly how they must be feeling.Please tell them Karen and George with Rodders send them a big hug,and to keep their chins up.Time is a good healer RIP Sonny xx
Hi karen,only just heard bout ur sad loss also, we were away on holiday and as debbie said my computer is stuck in a cupboard and hardly sees day light so I thank you very much for your message and would like to convey the same to you.We go back a long way and I can remember Rodders and Del boy very well from days at drwlc lots of love, wendy and ron
Just sorry we end up talking over such sad events,Wendy.Hope you and Ron are feeling a little better.I am now able to look at photos of Duke,without getting too upset.I hope the pics of Sonny put on here bring you lots of comfort.He was a real star for you and Ron,and I don't just mean at the shows,at home aswell.I was like you very lucky to have owned a dog thats bought loads of pleasure into our lives.It may be hard to think about it at the moment,but please try and get yourselves out and about with your mates at the shows as soon as you feel able to.I was very lucky in that a very good friend insisted that I get back to club as soon as possible,and i'm glad I followed her advice.Hopefully George and I will get to see you on one of the rare occasions we visit a lurcher show nowdays.Would be lovely to meet up and chat about old times.Take care both of you xxxxx

Just sorry we end up talking over such sad events,Wendy.Hope you and Ron are feeling a little better.I am now able to look at photos of Duke,without getting too upset.I hope the pics of Sonny put on here bring you lots of comfort.He was a real star for you and Ron,and I don't just mean at the shows,at home aswell.I was like you very lucky to have owned a dog thats bought loads of pleasure into our lives.It may be hard to think about it at the moment,but please try and get yourselves out and about with your mates at the shows as soon as you feel able to.I was very lucky in that a very good friend insisted that I get back to club as soon as possible,and i'm glad I followed her advice.Hopefully George and I will get to see you on one of the rare occasions we visit a lurcher show nowdays.Would be lovely to meet up and chat about old times.Take care both of you xxxxx
Thanks karen that helps knowing you have been through it to,we got sonnys ashes back yesterday so at least he is home again like you say it takes time and we have had a lot of support it all helps , wendy and ron xxxx

To Ron and Wendy,
me and Sue send our heartfelt sympathy to you both.

We are so sorry to hear of the sudden loss of Sonny, you are both very much in our thoughts.

Hugs to you both

Roger and Sue (Andy's owners)

xx
Hi roger and sue, thanks for your message we appreciate it , give sonnys half brother finn a hug from me

wendy and ron xxxx

Have already shared with Debs, but for all to see. Picture of the the Handsome Sonny, his other "little" litter sister Molly and father of both Dillon.
Will always treasure this picture, and love the look of admiration on Molly's face looking up at her brother.

RIP big man.

xx

View attachment 72477
It was lovely to meet you last year and we would like to thank you very much for your kind message look after your beutifull molly and give her a big hug from us

wendy and ron

Ron and WendyWe were sorry to hear about you tragic loss of Sonny, he was a credit to you both. It was always a pleasure to see him racing and in the show ring. Our thoughts are with you both at this time.

Love from Robert and Chris (Bonnie's owners)
Hi robert and chris thanks very much for your message it is much appreciated

wendy and ron xxxxx

To Ron and Wendy
Our thoughts and deepest sympathies are sent to you both on the tragic loss of Sonny.

Diane and Mark xx

Owners of Elsie and Dita (half sister of Sonny).
Hi diane and mark thanks very much for your message we appreciate it give dita a big hug from me

xxxxx

Very sad news, my thoughts are with you both at this sad time. I have some memories of a weekend when Sonny was only a puppy, which I will never forget.
RIP SONNY X
Hi tom thanks very much for your message it was a good weekend and we still have our memories of sonny they cant take them from us

wendy and ron xxxxx

Hi Ron & Wendy

Ian & I were really shocked & saddened by the news about Sonny, sorry we haven't posted sooner but we've been in the middle of a field doing a trade stall for the last eleven days and have not had access too the computer although someone rang and let us know. Sonny was a lovely dog who will be sadly missed in the racing world and our hearts go out to you. We will miss him racing against Jade & Gemma in the over 23s.

R.I.P. Sonny

Ian & Sonia

So sorry Ron and Wendy to hear of the death of your beloved and much loved dog "Sonny". Although we do not know you or have never met you, from the depth of our hearts we are truly saddened to hear this awful news. RIP "Sonny" your memory will never die in the hearts of the 2 people that love and miss you.

Margaret & John Mc Stay

Northern Ireland.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Ron & WendyIan & I were really shocked & saddened by the news about Sonny, sorry we haven't posted sooner but we've been in the middle of a field doing a trade stall for the last eleven days and have not had access too the computer although someone rang and let us know. Sonny was a lovely dog who will be sadly missed in the racing world and our hearts go out to you. We will miss him racing against Jade & Gemma in the over 23s.

R.I.P. Sonny

Ian & Sonia
Thankyou for your message I know you will understand how we feel we miss him very much

Ron and wendy

Back