The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Max Has Broken His Leg

Thats brilliant Claire. At leas it is a step in the right direction :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :huggles: :huggles: :huggles: :huggles:

Max wanted to share his Christmas bandage with you all - he had it done at the vets yesterday. (w00t)

Picture1272.jpg

Picture1273.jpg

Picture1274.jpg

Unfortunately he has now eaten the Christmas tree off his bandage!!! (w00t) :- "

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Max glad you've got rid of that nasty cast but you leg will not get better if you keep chewing your bandage of. :thumbsup:

Now hurry up and get better .Tiny wants to play with you in the snow :huggles: :huggles:

oakmoorehill said:
Oh Max glad you've got rid of that nasty cast but you leg will  not get better if you keep chewing your bandage of. :thumbsup:
Now hurry up and get better .Tiny wants to play with you in the snow :huggles:   :huggles:

What snow, we never got any! :(

Well, Max has come back from the vet bandage free. His leg is still broken but the plate is doing the work.

His leg is swollen and the cuts and sores look pretty gross :x but I reckon in about 2 weeks they will have scarred over. It's pretty wobbly too from muscle wastage.

But, no more vet visits until the beginning of January. Xray at the end of January and then the plate will be removed in June - the plan had been to leave it in but there is not enough skin and it will rub.

So on the whole pretty good but he is on very strict bed rest because he keeps trying to do too much!!!!

I just want to say thank you to everyone who has supported me through the last six hideous week. We still have a long way to go, but its a big psychological barrier to get the bandage off. :)

I'll try and do some photos tomorrow.

What good news that Max has his bandage off, although the Christmas tree pictures were fun! I'm so glad for you that he is making good progress, I hope he will be a good boy and get lots of rest and finish the healing process.

All the best to you.

Post bandage piccies - sorry it took so long to put them on! The first two piccies are a bit grim!

Surgical scar - the day after the bandage was taken off.

Picture1275.jpg

Pressure sore

Picture1276.jpg

Today - 10 days on - at the park! He was driven there but even so, it is a big improvement, and the wounds are barely visible now.

Picture1277.jpg

Picture1278.jpg

So happy to see the lovely photos of Max in the park looking so well! You must be so relieved. He has the same coat as my Breeze, although she looks more like Tiny, being black with a white front and paws. Do you find the coat rubs? Breeze gets a bald patch at the front of her shoulder when she wears hers a lot.

All the best, Steph.

Breeze mum said:
So happy to see the lovely photos of Max in the park looking so well!  You must be so relieved.  He has the same coat as my Breeze, although she looks more like Tiny, being black with a white front and paws.  Do you find the coat rubs?  Breeze gets a bald patch at the front of her shoulder when she wears hers a lot.All the best, Steph.

They don't rub Max but they do on Tiny, he has really bald thighs - everything rubs on him though because he has ultra thin fur. :)

:luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: for your check up today Max

Thanks Helen! :))

And the result is......

Max had his vet assessment yesterday - 11 week check and he passed with flying colours. There appears to be bone growth, he is walking well (he is up to about 500-600m now). He will have an x-ray at the end of Jan but it is all looking good for a plate removal in about June!!!

Thanks for everyone's thoughts and good wishes. I can't tell you how much it helped - a huge amount!! So thank you all. xx :thumbsup: :))

Max looks to be doing really well Claire, Im so pleased... :huggles:

12 weels yesterday and Max managed to walk around the block! That's about half a mile I think. (w00t) :D :wub:

Back