The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Loss Of Forty Pound Class

get real guys ,,,,,pick on light weight,s let,s put a cap on the head starts they get
That's already been done, bend opens used to run 1 1/2yds/lb they dont anymore, most racng was yd/lb alot is now 2ft which doesnt really suit a 16lber :thumbsup:

well said karen :thumbsup: there used to be no classes it was yd/lb all in

i know everyone as a right to vote if they are paid up members ,but why wait untill now to say i have'nt recieved a voting form,i would have been on the phone to one of the top table.

also if all the scr racers are against the changes to the format voted in , why not approach the top table and see if an extra class could be put on i.e 36 - 40- 47 - 55 just a thought ;)

You've taken the words right out of my mouth John.Pointless complaining now when a phone call to the top table could of sorted the problem out

I actually think if there was more all in racing yd/lb or 2ftlb no classes it would open up the field a bit more and you wouldn't always get the same winners, for eg if 2 really good 21lber is same class only one can get o the final whereas if all in luck of the draw you may get more of the best dogs through to the finals. Ok i know that was the past and people wouldnt want t go back to that but it could make for more interesting racing and luck of th draw you could draw easy or hard heats and not know which dogs you would be with each time you raced. Sorry nothing t do with 40lb class :unsure: :wacko:

i know everyone as a right to vote if they are paid up members ,but why wait untill now to say i have'nt recieved a voting form,i would have been on the phone to one of the top table.

also if all the scr racers are against the changes to the format voted in , why not approach the top table and see if an extra class could be put on i.e 36 - 40- 47 - 55 just a thought ;)

good idea john :thumbsup:

The reason i haven't asked the bwra about the voting form is because i wasn't sure if it was suppose to come from our club, or not, and the first i've seen of the vote was on here, it wasn't until people started talking about the vote that i realised, I NEVER RECEICED A FORM. :angry:

The point is here for me, we pay our money, we should of had a vote, :angry: why should I have to phone the top table, nobody else did? so the the vote's been done, :wacko: but not very fairly, it seems to me, (w00t)

(w00t) (w00t) (w00t) I wonder if my neighbor got one, :- now that would be interesting, :lol: :lol: but there's no favouritism in this sport is there. :lol: :lol:

Ask the bwra.....I'm just stating everytime a problem accurs out thee pops now naff off I'm getting my doggies ready to race unlike some ;)
I have every right to have my say on this forum :angry: the same as the other members, so I'll continue to watch and follow the post put on here that concern me, after all thats what a forum is suppose to be for. (w00t) so toddle off and train your dogs. :lol: :lol:

good idea john would solve the problem

hey mum dont you try going back to the old days ... you got an up and coming 40lber lol this WILL affect YOU hahahaha x

di did you know there were postal forms going out i think theres a few that didnt :wacko: maybe a good idea would be for bwra to give out voting forms at a champs weekend most folks would be there just a thought save on money too

Last edited by a moderator:
Ask the bwra.....I'm just stating everytime a problem accurs out thee pops now naff off I'm getting my doggies ready to race unlike some ;)
I have every right to have my say on this forum :angry: the same as the other members, so I'll continue to watch and follow the post put on here that concern me, after all thats what a forum is suppose to be for. (w00t) so toddle off and train your dogs. :lol: :lol:
Ok ok I will .... But while I'm gone pleeeeeze don't put a picture of your spanials ears on like ya did on poachers rest :x :x

hey mum dont you try going back to the old days ... you got an up and coming 40lber lol this WILL affect YOU hahahaha x
Haha you could be rigt there Sade haven't neeed to vote on the big lads/lasses before things may change, i'll be in for some stick then won't i :wacko: :wacko:

john gill was right just put an extra class on end of problem still think theres too much change and not for the better it seems

The pro says to give a more even gap in weighs between the classes therefore make it fairer on the dogs ...i am sorry i just don't see a 4 lb 9lb & 10lb gap making it any fairer ...maybe as someone said if the scr racers are not happy with these weigh classes get in touch with the BWRA sec and try and resolve it ..

As has been said many times over post your forms back to Bwra at least that way you have had your vote ...lol and heres me looking at both mine and gazs forms now :wacko:

Dianne i am sure if you phone Alison or Lyn they will sort it out for you either the forms gone astray in the post or something very similar ..i don't think it will make much difference to the outcome as i read on here it was a 3 to 1 majority

i said similar to john g but i said do a 36lb 40lb 50lb and NO LIMIT please :thumbsup: do away with 55lb

or wot about 30lb 40lb 50lb and NO LIMIT that wud b interesting :teehee:

Ok ok I will .... But while I'm gone pleeeeeze don't put a picture of your spanials ears on like ya did on poachers rest :x :x
Spanials ears :lol: pmsl

Carole no limit was changed to (up to 55lb classes) to get certain people to breed smaller as it was considered that some none ped whippet scr dogs where more greyhound like in size and weight..and tbh some measures had to be enforced

How ever to loss the 40lb classes is a crying shame ...imo esp when it does not make the gap fairer

Scr racing was introduced once over as a additional racing for the guys & girls that preferred the larger dog or dogs that went big from back breeding ..since then its become very popular among many racers and many have scr dogs as well as yd a lbers ..it plays a massive part of our sport at all opens ..i have to agree with what many are saying it would be much easier to of just introduced a extra 45lb class instead of changing something that's run for many years without complaint

Carole no limit was changed to (up to 55lb classes) to get certain people to breed smaller as it was considered that some none ped whippet scr dogs where more greyhound like in size and weight..and tbh some measures had to be enforced
How ever to loss the 40lb classes is a crying shame ...imo esp when it does not make the gap fairer

Scr racing was introduced once over as a additional racing for the guys & girls that preferred the larger dog or dogs that went big from back breeding ..since then its become very popular among many racers and many have scr dogs as well as yd a lbers ..it plays a massive part of our sport at all opens ..i have to agree with what many are saying it would be much easier to of just introduced a extra 45lb class instead of changing something that's run for many years without complaint

yes dee i know all about the breeding but the breeding generation rule came in as well as the 55lb surely we dont need both. ive done everything right when i bred nikki breeding wise but wot happens if they go over 55lb? i cant race them with he bwra. glad the nnwrf still have a NO LIMIT

Yeah your right carol if one of your pups goes over 55lb it wont be able to run ...i was more than surprised no one from the src racing proposed against the 55lb or breeding rule this year... it just shows there is alot of people who agree with it

Was just chatting with someone tonight and i mentioned what if one year there is no proposals put it ..would that mean the committee and members have cracked it a peaceful and perfect sport ..lol

I agree. The BWRA can't be held responsible for the postal service. The BWRA does plenty to keep it's members informed of their procedures. The dates of proposals and the AGM have been in WN in every issue since the begining of the year, info about the rules, reps etc is on the BWRA website, our membership cards also have some info as well. Members have to take some responsibility, the BWRA do plenty.

Personally I think if every scratch racer approached the BWRA to overturn a rule that's been voted with such a majority, it still wouldn't be enough to overturn and that's presuming they're all against it. I've spoke to a few scratch owners who (like me) don't feel an overwhelming urge to object either. That's not to say they wouldn't vote IF a suitable alternative was put forward. However based on the way the BWRA operates as voted by it's members, a proposal can now stand for 3 years. If folk feel such compulsion to overturn, follow the procedure (as also voted for by it's members) obtain 50 signatures and put your case forward.

Every member does have a right to vote or propose about any issue regarding whippet racing. Whether you run dogs in the handicap or scratch or both, everyone has a right to say because how scratch dogs are bred and raced does effect the handicap dogs and whippet racing as a whole. I'd also be cautious as it wasn't so long ago scratch racing was excluded from the BWRA.

The pro says to give a more even gap in weighs between the classes therefore make it fairer on the dogs ...i am sorry i just don't see a 4 lb 9lb & 10lb gap making it any fairer ...maybe as someone said if the scr racers are not happy with these weigh classes get in touch with the BWRA sec and try and resolve it ..
As has been said many times over post your forms back to Bwra at least that way you have had your vote ...lol and heres me looking at both mine and gazs forms now :wacko:

Dianne i am sure if you phone Alison or Lyn they will sort it out for you either the forms gone astray in the post or something very similar ..i don't think it will make much difference to the outcome as i read on here it was a 3 to 1 majority
Thank you Linda, at last some one who can see why i'm so pissed off, :thumbsup: no i don't think for one minute that my vote will make any difference at all, :lol: but at least I know now, i should of been given the chance, :lol: weather it's a f*** up with the post or what!!! :thumbsup:

Back