The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Just Read

JOHNG

JOHNG
Registered
Reaction score
just read the article in the I.R.G. mag about increasing the age of puppys to 9- 15ths and doing away with yearlings, so this must mean that you can't run in the adults untill your dog is 15mths old ;) as it is at the moment your dog as to be 12mths before being able to run with the adults :) hope someone can shead some light on this as there are some dogs that will be around the 13-14 mth age for the 2006 may champs and could be in with a chance :))

john dogs over 12 months can still run in adult classes :D the increase was for people who dont start puppies of early as the fed dont have yearling's :thumbsup:

:) Home Alone got her first title at 10 months old along with other well known dogs / bitch's, bally boy won the 16lb weight class this year at the english derby at only 10 months old, dogs have always been allowed to race under 12 months old with the adult if they were good enough

JOHNG said:
just read the article in the I.R.G. mag about increasing the age of puppys to 9- 15ths and doing away with yearlings, so this must  mean that you can't run in the adults untill your dog is 15mths old ;)   as it is at the moment your dog as to be 12mths before being able to run with the adults  :)   hope someone can shead some light on this as there are some dogs that will be around the 13-14 mth age for the 2006 may champs and could be in with a chance :))
thanks gary i forgot to put in my post it was N.N.W.R.F. BUISNESS :cheers:

does this mean that if you have a 13mth dog you can run in the adult champs and the puppy champs the next day getting 2 titles in a weekend.

The puppy champs might not be on over the champs weekend next year, we were thinking about swapping them around the country every year

hope this dosnt get out of order again it dosnt efect you 2 does it :blink: the fed are just trying something new so what is the big deal :( as dee said pups are getting swapped around country scotland ect to give everybody a fair crack :)

Last edited by a moderator:
:cheers: Brilliant idea there Mutley :)) let everyone who has a pup have a fair crack of attending the opens which should in all fairness be held all over the country :D

mutley said:
hope this dosnt get out of order again it dosnt efect you 2 does it :blink:   the fed are just trying something new so what is the big deal  :( as dee said pups are getting swapped around country scotland ect to give everybody a fair crack  :)
Why not move the Fed championships around the country eg.Kircaldy,Newton Ayclife,Asfordby and Cullompton.Every 4 years you could have it on your doorstep,so to speak. :thumbsup:

why can,t people just stick to the topic at hand and not go down this same old road again or is this too much to ask

just thinking here if u had a nine month old puppy wud u want to race it against a 14 month old puppy? i dont think i wud. :(

why carole, at 12 months old you would be racing against adults other wise

Ive raced my pups in with adults before it gives you a guide line

Demblue said:
mutley said:
hope this dosnt get out of order again it dosnt efect you 2 does it :blink:   the fed are just trying something new so what is the big deal  :( as dee said pups are getting swapped around country scotland ect to give everybody a fair crack  :)
Why not move the Fed championships around the country eg.Kircaldy,Newton Ayclife,Asfordby and Cullompton.Every 4 years you could have it on your doorstep,so to speak. :thumbsup:

Good idea but you would need to know these tracks were available when you needed them

@ 12 months old your dog is an adult at 9 months its not IMO i prob wont run in a puppy race anyway but its just a thought. just curious as 2 why this wasnt put to the members? :blink:

Some body asked if the nwrf would introduce yearling racing at its events as the nwrf only had yearling's once a year and yearling's were up to 2 years old...so dogs just over 12 months had to race with dogs coming up to 2 years old..

The committee decided to lift the age on puppies, as some pups are slower than others...also to change the puppy champs from the Monday to co inside with another one of our events..thous means we can move it around each year.. hopefully this will work for the better, but if not i am sure it will get changed back...we can only give it a try.

Quite a few people i know don't believe in puppy racing, because the dogs may be inexperienced and just run with the adults..I don't always puppy race with my youngester..it depends on the dog its self

I think this a brilliant idea, before when we raced there were no yearlings at all, pups had to get the experience from puppy races because they had to run in the adults at 12 month old.....so I say try it and see :D

i always thought Dumbo was an elephant or i may be wrong again :- "

Can someone tell me more about the original topic - is this something that is definitely going to happen or do members get chance to vote?

Vicky said:
Can someone tell me more about the original topic - is this something that is definitely going to happen or do members get chance to vote?
:( god knows Vicky , if thay all stoped the name calling and got on with the topic we might find out.

Back