The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Just Read

A complete waste of time introducing and new rules ----When those already in place are not adhered to ----

steve

Vicky said:
Can someone tell me more about the original topic - is this something that is definitely going to happen or do members get chance to vote?
Can not see a problem in trying it for a year, but if you are unhappy with it write to the chairman or secretary and the committee will discuss it again

The new format was brought in after alot of suggestions for members and there is alot that wanted the age of pups to be lifted, a remark from one person was that they did not start there pups off till they were 12 months so the dogs bones were fully developed

i still say i wudnt run a nine month old dog with a 15 month old dog come to that i wudnt run a 11 month old with a 15 month. the last 3 dogs ive had have all been scratch dogs and i never puppy raced any of them and yearling no limit wasnt in when they were younger and i never raced them in an open till they were 15 months old. this is just my opinion a dog of below 12 months is to me a pup a dog over 12 months is an adult. i personally thought the yearling was a very good idea. but it can only be tried i suppose? any idea where the pup champs will be next year? hope its up north lol ;)

I had to run my yearling that was only over 12 months with dogs that were 2 or 3 years old in Devon because there were no yearlings and she done fine. Rather run against a dog that only a couple of monthe older that one that has years experiance. I konw i'll be giving it a try with my 3 next year. Well done the n.n.w.r.f for moving opens around the country also. :thumbsup:

think thats the point, some 12 month olds can compete with the adults, and should if at that level and yes you will get oneoff pups that will come along and also compete and win in the adults,

but most members don't get pups and yearlings of that standard,

two of my dogs had titles at 15 months old, i would,nt put them in puppy racing had it been upto 15 months of age, but some would,

puppy racing should be that upto 12 months,

yearling racing i don't think works not when you get open class dogs going in the adult weight class and winning and entering the yearlings and winning,

so i would do away with yearling racing, if your dogs not fast enough at 12 months and up, then club run untill it picks up enough to open race, that way the clubs will keep going with more dogs running and the experience the young dog gets from club racing will set them up for open racing,I.M.O

when i was racing many years ago if your dog wasnt shaping by twelve months old it was very unlikely that it would ever make the grade.especialy bitches. some dogs took a little longer .mind you it seems to have changed quit abit and all this bickering i am glad i am not in it any more

Don't think they are bickering dajarra, rather think it is just a difference of oppinion :- "

JoJess said:
Don't think they are bickering dajarra, rather think it is just a difference of oppinion  :- "
Whatever - not exactly encouraging people into the sport is it?

Dajarra was keen 12 months ago to come back into racing, seems very unlikely he will now :(

Whatever - not exactly encouraging people into the sport is it?

Dajarra was keen 12 months ago to come back into racing, seems very unlikely he will now !

Exactly :- "

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not leave pups upto 12 months and have yearlings upto 24 months :- " but make is so that if you run in the yearlings you can not run in the adults :- "

JoJess said:
Why not leave pups upto 12 months and have yearlings upto 24 months  :- "  but make is so that if you run in the yearlings you can not run in the adults  :- "
As for next year we will run pups as stated in irg mag, but as a committee we are only here to run the nwrf for its members so if people send letters in with there suggestions i am sure if they are reasonable we will try them.

As is with lifting the puppy age limit this year there was quite a few people asked for this.

JoJess said:
Why not leave pups upto 12 months and have yearlings upto 24 months  :- "  but make is so that if you run in the yearlings you can not run in the adults  :- "
i cudnt agree more with u joess brilliant idea. il send it in to the n.n.w.r.f when i find out who 2 send it to lol

send it to lyn broom or tony cooper, you could just email either of them

dee

This was a topic started by john gill about the age of pups in nwrf, nothing to do with old fed stuff...if spanky reads back i am sure there is topics referring to money, testing, etc

Most are sick of reading it all now, its like a long lost record.

true denise all i asked was since lifting the puppy age to 15mths does the old rule still apply :( i.e. no dog under the age of 12mths allowed to run with adults.

funny how some people seem to get off topic :- "

LETS SPELL IT OUT THEN

AS IT STANDS AT PRESENT THE NNWRF HAVE A PUPPY AND A YEARLING CHAMPIONSHIPS, HOWEVER AT THE OPENS THERE IS ONLY PUPS AND NO YEARLINGS. AFTER A LENGTHY DISCUSSION ON WETHER OR NOT YEARLINGS SHOULD BE ADDED IT WAS DECIDED TO RAISE THE AGE OF THE PUPPY SECTION AT THE OPENS THE YEARLING/PUPPY CHAMPS WILL REMAIN UNCHANGED

IF ANY NNWRF MEMBER HAS ANY GOOD WORKABLE PROPOSALS THEN PLEASE PUT THEM IN WRITING

Linda NWRF

AT THE OPENS THE YEARLING/PUPPY CHAMPS WILL REMAIN UNCHANGED

sorry i dont mean to appear stupid but does this mean there will still be a yearling champs and pups up to 12 months only? but any other time the pups will be up to 15 months and no yearlings? :blink: thankyou.

sherry said:
AT THE OPENS THE YEARLING/PUPPY CHAMPS WILL REMAIN UNCHANGED

sorry i dont mean to appear stupid but does this mean there will still be a yearling champs and pups up to 12 months only? but any other time the pups will be up to 15 months and no yearlings? :blink: thankyou.

yes the yearling and puppy champs remain unchanged

but instead of adding a yearling section to the other NNWRF opens we have decided to up the age limit of the puppy section to 15 months

Back