The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Junior K9

i think a junior k9 is a great idea and i think its great that k9 takes saftey so seriously especilly with the increasing danger of the internet!!

well done k9 :thumbsup:

whippets said:
i think a junior k9 is a great idea and i think its great that k9 takes saftey so seriously especilly with the increasing danger of the internet!!
well done k9  :thumbsup:

Look if u want your children to surf safely on the internet, there is only one way that can be achieved and thats SIT WITH EM, dont u go thinkin im an owd misery guts cos im not, i happen to like, and relate well with em, if the perverts out the wanna get at your kids then they will, and as for putting up security, let me tell u there are 4 yr olds out there that can bypass anything an adult can put together

keith

midlanderkeith said:
whippets said:

Look if u want your children to surf safely on the internet, there is only one way that can be achieved and thats SIT WITH EM, dont u go thinkin im an owd misery guts cos im not, i happen to like, and relate well with em, if the perverts out the wanna get at your kids then they will, and as for putting up security, let me tell u there are 4 yr olds out there that can bypass anything an adult can put together

keith

true

midlanderkeith said:
whippets said:

keith

Very very true, my kids are 8 and 9 and they are not allowed on the net without an adult there (they have a list of fav's they can access)....one of Amy's friends came over and started going on the net without asking and was looking at al sorts of videos.....not rude thank god :sweating: but still a bit near the mark....

My neice recently had an encounter with a male pretending to be a young boy, on the internet (Shes 13) police called etc....close call

I vetted all my eldest stuff, until she was 16 :b

But junior K9 good idea :thumbsup:

midlanderkeith said:
whippets said:

keith

I agree and i didnt mean it to sound otherwise :unsure: i was merly saying that i like the fact that k9 takes safty so seriously which is much more than can be said for other forums etc

~Helen~ said:
I hope I haven't got the wrong end of the stick... but snopes states that the story isn't true, it's an urban legend... and just seeing that it's not true might make some people feel easier about things and think the danger is less.I think the really important thing about that link is the advice in bullet points at the bottom of the web page, but some people might not read down that far:

Never tell anyone your full name, address, phone number, city or any other personal information about yourself or your family.

Watch what you put on your profile. Don't put your date of birth, especially the year. Remember you are not required to put any information on the profile you don't want to.

If anyone IM's you or e-mails you and asks where you go to school, where you live or any other personal questions you don't feel comfortable with, do not hesitate to say, "I'm sorry, I don't give out personal information" or "My parents have asked me not to tell that."

If someone sends you a e-mail form with personal information about themselves on it and suggests you fill one out just like it, be alerted and don't do it. Who knows to where and to whom it will be forwarded!

If you go into chat rooms and anyone pressures you to talk to them, won't leave you alone or asks for personal information, leave the room immediately!

If you ever get suggestive, angry or abusive messages tell your parents at once and contact the Internet provider you use and seek assistance.

Don't respond to e-mail from people you don't know. If you believe you've received something strange, tell your parents.

Never agree to meet anyone face-to-face that you have talked with online

Maybe that could form the basis for a set of pinned guidelines on Junior K9 when it's up and running?

well i was thinking that we could put this on here for children top read before entering the kids zone

Last edited by a moderator:
PINKY P said:
~Helen~ said:
I hope I haven't got the wrong end of the stick... but snopes states that the story isn't true, it's an urban legend... and just seeing that it's not true might make some people feel easier about things and think the danger is less.I think the really important thing about that link is the advice in bullet points at the bottom of the web page, but some people might not read down that far:

Never tell anyone your full name, address, phone number, city or any other personal information about yourself or your family.

Watch what you put on your profile. Don't put your date of birth, especially the year. Remember you are not required to put any information on the profile you don't want to.

If anyone IM's you or e-mails you and asks where you go to school, where you live or any other personal questions you don't feel comfortable with, do not hesitate to say, "I'm sorry, I don't give out personal information" or "My parents have asked me not to tell that."

If someone sends you a e-mail form with personal information about themselves on it and suggests you fill one out just like it, be alerted and don't do it. Who knows to where and to whom it will be forwarded!

If you go into chat rooms and anyone pressures you to talk to them, won't leave you alone or asks for personal information, leave the room immediately!

If you ever get suggestive, angry or abusive messages tell your parents at once and contact the Internet provider you use and seek assistance.

Don't respond to e-mail from people you don't know. If you believe you've received something strange, tell your parents.

Maybe that could form the basis for a set of pinned guidelines on Junior K9 when it's up and running?

well i was thinking that we could put this on here for children top read before entering the kids zone

Those are excellent guidelines. It'll be good when its up and running. :thumbsup:

chelynnah said:
~Helen~ said:

Yes, but that's the point of the morality tale. Though we could link to the original page where the story came from (which is at the bottom of the snopes page). It was based on things that have and could happen.

The point to the story is that the girl gave out info she thought wasn't pertinent and was. The bullet points are important, but they don't cover how easy it is to let other things slip without realising. That's the point of the post.

Wendy

these are great pointers

i think its an excellent idea!!!

because im 11 i sometimes cant understand what people are on about in the chat room or any where else. thats why i dont have many posts!! if there is one it would be fabulesso!! 8) :)) :) :D :lol: :teehee: ;) :thumbsup: ;)

bubbles said:
i think its an excellent idea!!! because im 11 i sometimes cant understand what people are on about in the chat room or any where else. thats why i dont have many posts!! if there is one it would be fabulesso!! 8)   :))   :)   :D   :lol:   :teehee:   ;)   :thumbsup:   ;)

thank you i would like lots of more children to join

it would be good to have parents to get there kids to join

yh it wud b a gd idea same wiv me dats y i dnt av many posts. :thumbsup:

I think this is a good idea I will let Jade know about it

if you need any help I am willing

sue

Wooo!!! Yerrrr! Go Pinky :)

Great Idea! :)

Lets Confuse All the Oldies With The Latest Mix Ups! Haha. :- "

Jade xx

Wow, I never knew there was that many younger people on here :)

My mummy got me on this (pepa)

xx

Jade xx

jade is 14 and I wont her to be safe andshe loves coming on here thanks

sue

Back