The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Is One Whippet Enough ?

weedug said:
Thanks for the advice; its appreciated.
As many have suggested, its putting his 'nose out of joint' thats the biggest concern, as when I say he's spoiled, he's spoiled  :D

hey there i am a bit like you i have only one just now and feel that it is not enuf your we dugs a wee cracker!just for xmas!lol! where is it you come from i am in mossblown near ayr.

alltog.jpg

weedug said:
Thanks for the advice; its appreciated.
As many have suggested, its putting his 'nose out of joint' thats the biggest concern, as when I say he's spoiled, he's spoiled  :D

We started with 2 brother and sister @ 10 weeks old... great played together slept together great! both are now nearly 4 years old... got Puzzle @ 8 weeks slotted in fine, and he was a real spiteful pup sometimes... the along came Rue, puzzys best friend, when he died at 18 months old in august this year Puzzy was so sad... so along came Breeze 16 weeks old... puzzys' nose was put out of joint for about 3-4 days.. then he realised had he had a fantastic new friend to play with and that we still loved him too. I really think that dogs are so much like people... you get nice one's and horrid one's guess we've just been blessed!

Yes we have had things chewed.... but after having 5 pups in 4 years we'd be stupid to think that would'nt happen... but we would do it again anyday whippets are fantastic.... but as someone else said get a bigger suite!

well, seeing all these pics :wub: and reading all your enthsiasm. (w00t) I think I will be looking for a friend to keep Echo company, she is One year old and perfectly behaved. She came from a rescue centre,and at the moment I am thinking of keeping my eye out for another young rescue /rehoming girl, much as I love the BEAUTIFUL puppies I see on this site....

funnything though, a lot more lurchers/saluki x come up for re - homing than whippies.

One is never enough, whippets are like potato chips, we have 3, 2 beautiful girls aged 10 and 8, and an adorable boy who is 2. They are all absolutely spoiled, but I wouldn;t have it any other way.

Go for it !!

Trish

Day 2- So, this bed - the one that used to be yours is mine now...right ?

IMG_0740.jpg

:lol: youre going to have a little megalomaniac on your hands :lol:

lizzyb said:
I think you need two to sit each side of the fire :wub:   :wub: He,s a very handsom boy
was looking at the pic and thinking that myself.

Lonely, im Mr Lonely............................................... :p

Not any more and WOW a black boy :wub: :wub: :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol: :lol: Puppies are soooo good at taking over and getting away with it o:) Gorgeous pics they are both so lovely fun! fun! fun! :huggles:

What a sweet little black person :wub:

Think a bigger cushion is needed :thumbsup:

What is his name?

The neighbours 3 year old son suggested calling it Guinness.

We've thought about Bond, Jack, Jet, Milo, Shadow, and Laddie and are still undecided.

We'll need to settle on something soon though otherwise he will be thinking his name is 'no'. Besides if you shout 'no' Buddy goes off on a sulk.

I like Shadow, if i ever get a black boy that'll be his name :thumbsup:

Back